Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I doubt it. Off the top of my head, I could see, for example, Buffalo, Minnesota (which needs right-shot RWs) or Edmonton (imagine Senyshyn and his speed next to McDavid) taking a chance.

Same.

People really want Senyshyn to be a bust so they can proclaim he was a waste of pick. He looked good up with us. I think he has a future in the NHL. I hope its with us. But no doubt another team would claim him.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I doubt it. Off the top of my head, I could see, for example, Buffalo, Minnesota (which needs right-shot RWs) or Edmonton (imagine Senyshyn and his speed next to McDavid) taking a chance.

You know who else needs those things? The Bruins. They traded for Kase, any idea why they would do that if they had Seny ready to step in?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
You know who else needs those things? The Bruins. They traded for Kase, any idea why they would do that if they had Seny ready to step in?
The Bruins needed a second line RW which Seny was not ready to be. Also they would rather try to get someone who has proven to be a capable second liner at the deadline which is why they got Kase.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Same.

People really want Senyshyn to be a bust so they can proclaim he was a waste of pick. He looked good up with us. I think he has a future in the NHL. I hope its with us. But no doubt another team would claim him.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that has already been settled. Even if Seny turns out to be a 70 point per season player the success the obvious choices, Barzal or Connor, have had still point to bad choice. I don't get how people don't see that. I also don't get how people hold out hope for a player who season after season doesn't produce. We got a bunch of players that people are holding out hope for that will never be more than fringe players. If your happy with fringe players then we're all set , if you want impact players we're out of luck I'm afraid. It has nothing to do with proclaiming Seny is a bust.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The Bruins needed a second line RW which Seny was not ready to be. Also they would rather try to get someone who has proven to be a capable second liner at the deadline which is why they got Kase.

But that's my point, don't you think a player drafted in 2015 , in the 1st round, should be ready by now? There are late bloomers but they are far and few. Count me in the "not holding my breathe crowd".

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I believe the Bruins will need to make room, move someone to keep him and zboril. Senyshyn is not making it through waivers. For example. Toronto needs cheap players and their gm and coach both were with SSM when he was there.

I’d be a real bummer to lose him since in the couple games before he got hurt you could see a useful player.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
But that's my point, don't you think a player drafted in 2015 , in the 1st round, should be ready by now? There are late bloomers but they are far and few. Count me in the "not holding my breathe crowd".
Depends on what you are talking about. Is he ready to play on an NHL team then the answer is yes. If the question is, is he ready to play on the 2nd line on a top contender than the answer is no. I think the issue right now is would be a good bottom 6 but unfortunately for him that is the majority of the Bruins roster right now.

Reactions: Mione134

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Depends on what you are talking about. Is he ready to play on an NHL team then the answer is yes. If the question is, is he ready to play on the 2nd line on a top contender than the answer is no. I think the issue right now is would be a good bottom 6 but unfortunately for him that is the majority of the Bruins roster right now.

But he has speed and size that should put him over the rest in today's game,no? I don't really care if he's ready to play on an NHL team, I'm concerned if he's ready to play on the Boston Bruins. Lower ranking teams have rosters full of players that wouldn't play on the 4th line on contenting teams. That's why those teams never go anywhere.

Reactions: Spooner st and Lo97

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I know there has been some speculation about rosters expanding for just next season with such a small offseason. That would greatly benefit the Bruins so guys like Zboril and Senny could stay.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that has already been settled. Even if Seny turns out to be a 70 point per season player the success the obvious choices, Barzal or Connor, have had still point to bad choice. I don't get how people don't see that. I also don't get how people hold out hope for a player who season after season doesn't produce. We got a bunch of players that people are holding out hope for that will never be more than fringe players. If your happy with fringe players then we're all set , if you want impact players we're out of luck I'm afraid. It has nothing to do with proclaiming Seny is a bust.

That may be true. And yes, there were blunders but you never know with a draft. There ARE people who want to proclaim him a bust either way. No saying thats you, but its true.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
SCOUTING REPORT
A true power forward, he can score goals and use his big frame to provide physicality. Owns a very projectable frame and good speed for a big forward. Can also drop the gloves. While he plays the game on the edge most of the time, he can go over it on occasion (which he will need to curb at the highest level). Lacks consistency in all facets of the game.
Long Range Potential:Big power forward with some upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Found this on sportsforecaster.com

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If I was forced to come up with an NHL player comparison, I think he plays a similar style to Sean Kuraly. Nice kid to stash away and see what he can bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad