Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Well if he is a real good third liner on a good team like Coyle that is one thing but if he is a marginal 4th liner that is a different story. Bottom 6 can mean different things
That's true, but you don't pick guys 15th overall to be bottom six guys. Especially in a talent laden draft like 2015. It just hurts so much knowing how badly the Bruins messed up 4 years ago.

Reactions: Estlin

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

For those that don't follow Craig, he is my go-to-guy in the QMJHL especially Moncton. No holds barred. He tells it like it is.

I was at that game and got mad that Axel wasn't being used on the powerplay. He was playing on the third pair, I assume that will change as he adjusts to the NA game. His mental game was solid, did a great job of boxing guys out (mind you the Titans didn't get much offensive time). Made 1 bad play all night, and that was a clearing attempt that he had all day with and he ended up putting it into the opposing defender at the blue-line. He was the smoothest defender on the ice by far. Made the game look easy, and that is a good thing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's true, but you don't pick guys 15th overall to be bottom six guys. Especially in a talent laden draft like 2015. It just hurts so much knowing how badly the Bruins messed up 4 years ago.

My advice to you: Get over it. Nothing about it is going to change. They’ve hit on a number of other picks too. That’s what happens when you pick teenagers.

BruinsNetwork

My advice to you: Get over it. Nothing about it is going to change. They’ve hit on a number of other picks too. That’s what happens when you pick teenagers.

Teenagers who are also starting to turn some developmental pages as well. Although time has become more pressing, the door isn’t closed on Zboril or Senyshyn, IMO.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Some bruin homegrown prospects currently playing in nhl

Patrice bergeron
David pastrnak
Brad marchand

Blake wheeler
Tyler seguin
Phil kessel

David krejci
Jake debrusk
Joe thornton

Not sure how many 3rd liners are on this list... seams the team has identified and drafted and developed some of the top scorers currently in nhl

Drafting impact scoring talent isnt this teams number 1 drafting weakness... but being able to afford to keep that many scorers in a cap era or find enough pucks to keep everyone happy could be a problem

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Some bruin homegrown prospects currently playing in nhl

Patrice bergeron
David pastrnak
Brad marchand

Blake wheeler
Tyler seguin
Phil kessel

David krejci
Jake debrusk
Joe thornton

Not sure how many 3rd liners are on this list... seams the team has identified and drafted and developed some of the top scorers currently in nhl

Drafting impact scoring talent isnt this teams number 1 drafting weakness... but being able to afford to keep that many scorers in a cap era or find enough pucks to keep everyone happy could be a problem

Dougie Hamilton

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Whatever happened to the talks of JFK??? The next Bergeron was he not ... Is it me or has the enthusiasm dwindled?
Next senyshyn? Zboril.... In this order

Reactions: Lo97

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I read somewhere that the Bruins are Rated what, number 29 out of 31 teams for minor league/junior talent pool. Consider the draft picks they had in 2015.....prospect pool vs other teams is not good
I follow these lists pretty closely and I have the damnest time remembering when our prospect pool was rated above 29 by any of the 'experts'

the only time anyone ever respects our prospects is when they are in the nhl as top 20 scorers and leading their teams to gory

never saw the experts give us a good grade for trade deadline day or ufa signings either... not a soul called chris waner signing sneaky good... and no one loved the Charlie coyle trade either.

its ok though... haters got to hate and weve been kicking sand in their face for 50 years... im sure they warm themselves at night praying for our demise

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Bruins do need one of these centers to step up and look like a top guy
Some looking back at drafts and wondering what if

How about the should have never traded Seguin

Reactions: Lo97

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A Star In The Making

The Boston Bruins have a star in the making, his name, Axel Andersson.
That’s right, the nineteen-year-old smooth skating Swedish born defencemen is destine to play in the NHL.
It’s not a matter of how, it’s a matter of when.

A Star In The Making

I had to keep checking, too see if this was an old article about Erik Karlsson

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I follow these lists pretty closely and I have the damnest time remembering when our prospect pool was rated above 29 by any of the 'experts'

the only time anyone ever respects our prospects is when they are in the nhl as top 20 scorers and leading their teams to gory

never saw the experts give us a good grade for trade deadline day or ufa signings either... not a soul called chris waner signing sneaky good... and no one loved the Charlie coyle trade either.

its ok though... haters got to hate and weve been kicking sand in their face for 50 years... im sure they warm themselves at night praying for our demise

Outside Providence I'm.nit sure who some real prospects are except for Beecher .
In Providence .. Bjork and lauko
Are of interest to me and stud some interest too
They've taken about Lauzon forever and he's still in prov. I would have thought he would been a good trade piece of other teams saw him so hot.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Outside Providence I'm.nit sure who some real prospects are except for Beecher .
They've taken about Lauzon forever and he's still in prov. I would have thought he would been a good trade piece of other teams saw him so hot.
I agree it amazes me that free agents, guys who were not drafted make the big club before their draft picks

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A Star In The Making

The Boston Bruins have a star in the making, his name, Axel Andersson.
That’s right, the nineteen-year-old smooth skating Swedish born defencemen is destine to play in the NHL.
It’s not a matter of how, it’s a matter of when.

A Star In The Making
yeah but the Bruins still could have picked Debrincat in 2015:sarcasm:

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
There is a C Pare that is near the top of the league in scoring. Is that the dude we drafted and do we still have him under control?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wanna know how you can spot a miserable person?

They bring up the 2015 draft and the seguin trade in an unrelated thread. That’s how you do it
while ignoring the Donato for Coyle trade which has already paid off in spades

Reactions: CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For those that get to see the PB's on a regular basis (@Saxon Eric & @BruinsNetwork) how has Lauko looked? I know the stat line isn't impressive, but I feel like I've heard more good things than bad things about him to start the season. I'm not sure what it is about the kid, but I just see him being a special player when he develops. I see a combination of Marchand/Pastrnak with Lauko. He's got the passion/love of the game like Pasta does and just has fun, but play similar to Marchand. An agitating skilled winger that can play a two-way game.

Reactions: Spooner st

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This team is competing. It’s not rebuilding. If they incorporate one prospect a year, it’s a win. Don’t get caught up in lists about prospects from people that don’t watch a third of them play. You don’t need 10 five star prospects when you made it to the finals. You need minor changes. We’ll find out what they will be at the TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad