Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Agreed.
They can draft more offensive players without taking bigger risks. Obviously Senyshyn was a love pick, going for projection alone without analyzing the present. If they did someone should be fired.
Leaving a top end prospect being handled the way he was, was a disservice to the player and the organization that draft him.
Bruins had 3 top 15 picks in 2015, 2 in OHL and 1 in WHL.
How hard it is to make sure they're properly trained?.

Senyshyn is not very smart and has a low hockey IQ and that’s the reason he can’t crack the lineup. He’s a bust.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Just curious.... If Senyshyn makes it to the NHL as a solid bottom 6 forward, is he still a bust?

Yes, because he was chosen 15 overall in a deep draft and the x, y, z were stil available and yada yada yada

Fwiw Senyshin could end as a top6, 25+ goals per season RW and some would still call him a bust because they need to compare him to barzal, connor, etc... No matter what.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just curious.... If Senyshyn makes it to the NHL as a solid bottom 6 forward, is he still a bust?
not in my opinion and he`d hardly be the first 1st round player or any player picked who scored in Junior or likewise who had to take on a completely different role or embrace a different role in order to make it to the NHL

Paille a terrific example of this, also a first rounder think he was picked high teens or low 20`s? Sure wasn`t picked by the Sabres because they had huge plans on him being a terrific shut down 4th line guy

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsNetwork

5 AHL games...0 points. If he wants to be a solid bottom sixer in the NHL, he’d better quickly learn how to do more than just skate.

Trent Frederic: 0G-0A-0PTS in 5GP
Jack Studnicka: 0G-3A-3PTS in 5GP
Cameron Hughes: 0G-1A-1PTS in 5GP
Ryan Fitzgerald: 1G-1A-2PTS in 5GP
Zach Senyshyn: 0G-0A-0pts in 5GP
Oskar Steen: 1G-1A-2PTS in 5GP
Cooper Zech: 0G-1A-1PTS in 5GP
Jakub Zboril: 0G-1A-1PTS in 5GP
Urho Vaakanainen: 0G-2A-2PTS in 5GP

Only a five-game sample, but please, continue with Senyshyn's lack of production as if isn't shared with almost everyone else on the team except Bjork. Maybe the line combinations and guys like Petrovic being hammered into roles on the PP where they don't belong is part of a bigger problem in Providence. Maybe it's just a developmental league and these guys are being coached to work on specific aspects. Maybe it just isn't as simple as "if player X isn't scoring, then player X must be this type of player now."

Of all those stat-lines, the one that stands out most is the zero goals amongst all but 2 of those guys. Those two players, Fitzgerald and Steen, only have 1G each. Fitzgerald, by the way, has been terrible to start the season, as opposed to someone like Senyshyn who certainly doesn't look like he has zero points, IMO.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Only a five-game sample, but please, continue with Senyshyn's lack of production as if isn't shared with almost everyone else on the team except Bjork. Maybe the line combinations and guys like Petrovic being hammered into roles on the PP where they don't belong is part of a bigger problem in Providence. Maybe it's just a developmental league and these guys are being coached to work on specific aspects. Maybe it just isn't as simple as "if player X isn't scoring, then player X must be this type of player now."

Of all those stat-lines, the one that stands out most is the zero goals amongst all but 2 of those guys. Those two players, Fitzgerald and Steen, only have 1G each. Fitzgerald, by the way, has been terrible to start the season, as opposed to someone like Senyshyn who certainly doesn't look like he has zero points, IMO.

not ideal starts at all for senyshyn or frederic. Not as concerned with studnicka and steen considering it’s their first full year in the AHL, but you definitely want more out of frederic and senyshyn who are older, have been there longer and were higher end draft picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim and Lo97

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Zachary proves over and over he is not a smart hockey player and has a low hockey IQ. There is more to hockey than skating.

Brett Hull was my linemate and he could not skate back in Penticton but he scored 110 goals and smashed BCJHL records that year.

Reactions: Lo97

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Zachary proves over and over he is not a smart hockey player and has a low hockey IQ. There is more to hockey than skating.

Brett Hull was my linemate and he could not skate back in Penticton but he scored 110 goals and smashed BCJHL records that year.

until I start reading those I trust speak about the lack of hockey IQ of Senyshyn I`ll wait to agree

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
until I start reading those I trust speak about the lack of hockey IQ of Senyshyn I`ll wait to agree

Bruins fans are always complaining. No matter how good the gm does they will find something they hate and Stab the fudge out of it. If he can be paille 2.0 it will add a crazy level of depth. Paille has every thing but finish. Basically another puck possession monster that can tire out the goalie. I hope he is as fast as I remember him last year during his call up. I honestly haven’t got to watch him play. He gets a bad rep due to a couple players turning into studs on other teams. Ya of course it would be nice to have one of them. But meh. It’s a nhl draft. It’s always a bit of a lottery. Pasternak is a good example. He is probably the best player in his draft and almost every team passed on him once.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins fans are always complaining. No matter how good the gm does they will find something they hate and Stab the fudge out of it. If he can be paille 2.0 it will add a crazy level of depth. Paille has every thing but finish. Basically another puck possession monster that can tire out the goalie. I hope he is as fast as I remember him last year during his call up. I honestly haven’t got to watch him play. He gets a bad rep due to a couple players turning into studs on other teams. Ya of course it would be nice to have one of them. But meh. It’s a nhl draft. It’s always a bit of a lottery. Pasternak is a good example. He is probably the best player in his draft and almost every team passed on him once.

good post and I agree, was never Zach`s fault he was drafted where he was drafted but I think what often gets me shaking my head was at the time he was picked, it was made pretty clear by all I read/heard about this kid that he was a "project" yet that is completely ignored here by many.

Unfortunately, as you stated, many of those picked before and after have already made solid contributions to their teams and Seny hasn`t.

I think there is also an argument to be made that what they have asked from Seny has been totally different than what they seem to ask of other prospects with his unique skill set. Since his first game in Providence, I have read many posts from those here who I rely on for solid opinions such as @Saxon Eric and @BruinsNetwork talk about Seny lining up beside players who aren`t exactly blessed with great offensive instincts, rarely do I hear that he`s been given the chance on the top 6 for a consistent period of times or he`s been given PP time so essentially what those who watch the PB`s get to see is a kid who has been asked to embrace and learn how to play from a view on the 3rd and 4th lines.

I dunno, kid showed he has touch in Junior, doesn`t always translate of course but have the Bruins given him a fair shot to see if he could produce more? I could be wrong but doesn`t sound like they have

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Of

Of those you list, how many have less AHL experience? How many were drafted in the 1st round as a scorer, and has had his role “redefined” because he can’t score?

Reactions: Lo97 and Spooner st

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'd ask 'why' but I can already figure out the terrible reasons, none of which would probably have to actually do with the player, himself.

The good news is I’d say the likelihood that debate ever happens is pretty slim at this point. Probably 0 for Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
good post and I agree, was never Zach`s fault he was drafted where he was drafted but I think what often gets me shaking my head was at the time he was picked, it was made pretty clear by all I read/heard about this kid that he was a "project" yet that is completely ignored here by many.

Unfortunately, as you stated, many of those picked before and after have already made solid contributions to their teams and Seny hasn`t.

I think there is also an argument to be made that what they have asked from Seny has been totally different than what they seem to ask of other prospects with his unique skill set. Since his first game in Providence, I have read many posts from those here who I rely on for solid opinions such as @Saxon Eric and @BruinsNetwork talk about Seny lining up beside players who aren`t exactly blessed with great offensive instincts, rarely do I hear that he`s been given the chance on the top 6 for a consistent period of times or he`s been given PP time so essentially what those who watch the PB`s get to see is a kid who has been asked to embrace and learn how to play from a view on the 3rd and 4th lines.

I dunno, kid showed he has touch in Junior, doesn`t always translate of course but have the Bruins given him a fair shot to see if he could produce more? I could be wrong but doesn`t sound like they have

Another question is does he DESERVE to be given a fair shot. Maybe he doesn’t

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
not ideal starts at all for senyshyn or frederic. Not as concerned with studnicka and steen considering it’s their first full year in the AHL, but you definitely want more out of frederic and senyshyn who are older, have been there longer and were higher end draft picks.
Frederic doesn't possess the playmaking ability to
play C in the NHL. Think they should move him
to LW.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’ve been a big sensyshyn adovacate the entire way. However i expected him to go off the beginning of this year as I did expect frederic. I’m not giving up on them but at this point I do not have high expectations for either. Both bottom 6 forwards which is wildly unfortunate for their draft position

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I’ve been a big sensyshyn adovacate the entire way. However i expected him to go off the beginning of this year as I did expect frederic. I’m not giving up on them but at this point I do not have high expectations for either. Both bottom 6 forwards which is wildly unfortunate for their draft position

I won't defend Senyshyn but if you can get a decent physical bottom 6 out of Frederic that's a good pick. Since 1971 only 15 players drafted at #29 have played more than 200 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad