Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I really hope Studnicka can transition this level of play to the NHL. He seems like a solid center prospect that could make an immediate impact.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Such a beauty move there. Can't believe that didn't go in. The speed, and hands on display here, holy moly.
He reminds me of how JDB played an all around game in Junior.His compete level and wearing a letter shows leadership. I will trust in what Dom says about him and other scouts over anything else I hear on here.

Last edited:

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
So many people writing him off. But people forget just how young he still is.

Of the top-200 scorers in the AHL he is the 18th youngest player.

I remember he had a hell of a pre-season right after he was drafted. I try not to get overly hyped about prospects, but Studnicka gets me excited.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So many people writing him off. But people forget just how young he still is.

Of the top-200 scorers in the AHL he is the 18th youngest player.

Agreed. One way to put Senyshyn's AHL performance into context is to look at how his former Soo teammates have performed. People thought Blake Speers carried Senyshyn, but he has 8 points in 43 games in the AHL. Bobby Mcyntire, outscored Senyshyn in the Zoo, but has 15 points in 38 games in the AHL after spending last year in the ECHL. Boris Katchouk, who was perhaps considered the best pro prospect of all has 18 points in 52 games.

The AHL is a hard league, and it is common for very young players to be ordinary and still go on the NHL careers.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I posted this in another thread in defense of Urho Vaakanainen. A fellow Bruins fan didn't believe that we had any A level prospects in the system. I think Vaakanainen is our crown jewel. Here is what I wrote. I wonder who else is as excited a I am about Vaak.

Here is a quote from Eric Perrin, who has played about 1000 games in Finland's Liga as well as nearly 245 games in the NHL. Perrin's team faced Vaakanainen's in the playoffs last year.

“He was their best defenseman by far,” Perrin said. “I just remember [him] always being on the ice, doing really good things and that stands out to me. … These little things that we know, usually you say to your guys ‘get on their D, they’re having a hard time.’ But he wasn’t one of those guys that we were talking about. It was other guys. So we knew we had to kind of more keep an eye on him, because he joined the rush, things like that, that we had to stay aware about him at all times.

“He was reliable both sides of the ice. It wasn’t just offensively, he did a pretty good job as a young guy. Maybe physically not all the way developed yet, but he had a really good effort on defense as well,” added Perrin. “He has all the tools, that’s for sure,”

So, think about it. Vaakanainen emerged as a top pairing defenseman for SaiPa Lappeenranta at age 18. He was playing an average of 23 minutes a night. He was also a top-pairing defenseman for Finland at the World Juniors. Maybe he won't be Erik Karlsson or Brent Burns...but I see shades of Teppo Numminen.

Numminen is probably the most underrated defenseman in NHL history!

Put Vaakanainen next to McAvoy on the top-pairing and let them go. It would be the perfect pairing - like wine and cheese!

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Jeremy Swayman had a great weekend against BC as Maine swept up in Orono. By all accounts he's had another solid year up north.

He could be a real important prospect - might be coming down the prospect pike as Tuukka runs out of gas.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Jeremy Swayman had a great weekend against BC as Maine swept up in Orono. By all accounts he's had another solid year up north.

He could be a real important prospect - might be coming down the prospect pike as Tuukka runs out of gas.

Great another college player. Probably soft as puppy poo, and doesn't fight at all. Whats his PIM this season ?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Since you have no clue what position he plays, he is a goalie.

Wow, this ain't it chief.

giphy.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Linus arnesson seems to be showing a little offensive development this year over in Sweden. Has more goals than he had his entire career combined (5) and has a career high in assists (6)

What’s the deal with him? Do we still have his rights? I forgot he existed

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad