Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Oskar Steen might be the best prospect in the system right now. He has been absolutely destroying SHL since around December. Extremely impressive stats for a 20-year old in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Anyone know if he's playing C or W?

Think he's mostly played center lately. He's just 5'9" though, so I don't know how well he'd do as an NHL center. He's a right shot though, plays with grit and is defensively responsible, so he's much closer to being an NHL player than many people realize. Reminds you a lot of young Marchand.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Think he's mostly played center lately. He's just 5'9" though, so I don't know how well he'd do as an NHL center. He's a right shot though, plays with grit and is defensively responsible, so he's much closer to being an NHL player than many people realize. Reminds you a lot of young Marchand.

Gryz is 5'9, not sure how well he'd do as an NHL defenseman :naughty:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

SHL isn’t a joke, for him to be doing what he’s doing at his age is very impressive. I’m excited to see how he looks over here

Prospect profile kinda reminds me of Marchand too lol. That’s what I remember reading about him on here back in the day

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
SHL isn’t a joke, for him to be doing what he’s doing at his age is very impressive. I’m excited to see how he looks over here

Prospect profile kinda reminds me of Marchand too lol. That’s what I remember reading about him on here back in the day
Yeah he's 5'9" and his scoring for that league is freaking impressive. It feels like he's been around forever but I guess it's because he had memorable camps.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Reactions: FanSince72

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
OHL's coaches poll should be out in less then two weeks and I expect our boys to get consideration for:

Defensive defenseman: Daniel Bukac (although the Ottawa 4 could sweep)
Best shootout shooter: Jack Studnicka
Best puck-handling goaltender: Kyle Keyser
Best shootout goaltender: Kyle Keyser

You think the bruins are gonna sign Bukac? I know his status was a bit up in the air with the league switch and everything but it seems like he’s figured things out a bit. I’m purely stat watching though so that’s why I want to defer to anybody who has actually seen him

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Excited about this kid. Wouldn't mind seeing him step in on the 4th line C next year to replace Acciari and work his way up. Having him play 82 games watching Bergeron and learning from Bergeron would be pretty great

i think i'd rather see studnicka get a full season in providence - or at least a half season. frederic should be ready
for 4C duty next fall. whenever studnicka is ready they could always slide coyle to RW. as well as acciari has played,
they have so many options in the bottom 6 - seems unlikely he's back unless he takes same $ and is ok slugging it
out for a roster spot.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Excited about this kid. Wouldn't mind seeing him step in on the 4th line C next year to replace Acciari and work his way up. Having him play 82 games watching Bergeron and learning from Bergeron would be pretty great

With coyle here next year the bruins are pretty set up for the center position on the first three lines. I would much rather studnicka get a year in Providence where he’s getting 17-20 minutes a game than fornhim to play 10 minutes a game in the nhl

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
i think i'd rather see studnicka get a full season in providence - or at least a half season. frederic should be ready
for 4C duty next fall. whenever studnicka is ready they could always slide coyle to RW. as well as acciari has played,
they have so many options in the bottom 6 - seems unlikely he's back unless he takes same $ and is ok slugging it
out for a roster spot.

Yea that's my thought on Noel. He's been great, especially lately... but while he brings, energy/physicality etc, I think having a little more skill/finish wouldn't be a horrible thing and we have so many players on the cusp that I don't see them resigning him. I am sure Stud will probably start in Providence, but breaking in on the 4th line, learning from Bergy, maybe getting some PP2 time, I think would be good for him. We will see what shakes out in camp.

Pumped about Steen too... this depth we have is what makes moving Donato for Coyle so worth it.

Also, not 100% sold on T Freddy just yet. I wasn't impressed with him during his stint with the big club outside the fight.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
With coyle here next year the bruins are pretty set up for the center position on the first three lines. I would much rather studnicka get a year in Providence where he’s getting 17-20 minutes a game than fornhim to play 10 minutes a game in the nhl

Ehhh... I think both are valuable, and I understand the argument for either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad