Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not to pile on Pare but Bergeron was a 70 point player in the nhl when he was Pare’s age

It’s nice that he’s shown improvement this year in the Q and it seems like he plays a two way game but let’s never put that label on a young kid. It’s an awful lot to live up to lol

Reactions: DaaaaB's

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Was watching highlites of junior games tonite and saw an undrafted kid score his 34th in 49 games and man did he snipe it.Mitchell Balmas .Not sure criteria how some guys get overlooked but this kid has talent drafted or not.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not to pile on Pare but Bergeron was a 70 point player in the nhl when he was Pare’s age

It’s nice that he’s shown improvement this year in the Q and it seems like he plays a two way game but let’s never put that label on a young kid. It’s an awful lot to live up to lol

he`s a hard working kid and having seen him live a bunch while living in Halifax, real nice player to have on your team as he`s a guy you can rely on to bring an honest effort every night but IF he makes a NHL team, it would be as a 4th line player at best IMO.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Pare is an incredible mix of Patrice Bergeron and Ryan Spooner. Maybe not as a hockey player but for sure in appearance.

i

The kids a 6th round pick, if he develops into anything it'll be a plus for the team and good for him for taking a step forward this year.

Last edited:

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Was watching highlites of junior games tonite and saw an undrafted kid score his 34th in 49 games and man did he snipe it.Mitchell Balmas .Not sure criteria how some guys get overlooked but this kid has talent drafted or not.
I mean the kid is 20 years old so...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I mean the kid is 20 years old so...

Yea he is 20 but has talent.I seen alot lesser talents drafted .He won a Memorial Cup and is 6th in Quebec Scoring race on a team not picked to go far by any means.Josh Lawrence just turned 17 as well for Saint John and has talent justified by playing most of year as 16 yr old..Small though..And how old are all those US College kids failing for Bruins right now like Bjork & Donato ,JFK and pile of others ?

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yea he is 20 but has talent.I seen alot lesser talents drafted .He won a Memorial Cup and is 6th in Quebec Scoring race on a team not picked to go far by any means.Josh Lawrence just turned 17 as well for Saint John and has talent justified by playing most of year as 16 yr old..Small though..And how old are all those US College kids failing for Bruins right now like Bjork & Donato ,JFK and pile of others ?

I wouldn't say that JFK or Donato are failing by any means. Bjork is hurt. They're also the same age (20-24) playing against men in the AHL and having success. They have had some limited success at the NHL level as well.

Not saying it would be a bad thing to try to and sign someone like Balmas. Can't hurt to dive into the UDFA pool (assuming he's eligible for free agency)

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Jeez man you related to him or something? Lol talent aside, i dont think its a stretch to say at 20 yrs old he should be putting up the numbers he is against 16-18 yr olds. Against grown ass men? TBD but that bum college kid Bjork sure did look pretty good no?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
There must be a pretty good shot that the Bruins don't even give him a contract. Forward who produces well below 1ppg in CHL at the age of 20 has almost no chance of making it to the NHL. There's opportunity cost to handing out contracts to guys with extremely limited NHL upside.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jeez man you related to him or something? Lol talent aside, i dont think its a stretch to say at 20 yrs old he should be putting up the numbers he is against 16-18 yr olds. Against grown ass men? TBD but that bum college kid Bjork sure did look pretty good no?

The average age of a freshman D1 college hockey player is now over 20 years old. So for the ones that attend at 18/19, they are often playing against 21-23 year olds...

Who attend college AFTER their junior careers.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
The average age of a freshman D1 college hockey player is now over 20 years old. So for the ones that attend at 18/19, they are often playing against 21-23 year olds...

Who attend college AFTER their junior careers.
Im not trying to get into a pissing match here. If you want to get excited about a D+2 20 year old dunking on teenagers then more power to ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad