Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jets scouting staff does some good work.
When I heard they went into Dougie’s interview with the intention of taking him and changed up and took Schiefele you had to like that they were looking more than on ice.

Connor & Vesalainen fell into their lap and they made sure that they stayed there

Reactions: Fenian24

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Vesalainen passed over for Vaakanainen

Got a bad feeling
Vesalainen is not even the best passed over prospect. But I would surely prefer him to Vaakanainen. Wasn't fan of the pick at time of the draft and nothing has changed since.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Missing someone from
Ice dogs
It was covered

** Daniel Bukac - Niagara IceDogs

Bukac has played the last two years in the WHL, but had his rights released by Brandon after an injury plagued year. The towering defender had his rights picked up by Niagara where he will suit up for a quality young team looking to add size to a smaller blueline. He'll likely be looked at to be a stay at home type who can play a safe, physical game while paired with one of Niagara's smaller offensive blueliners. He'll play out his contract year in the OHL, but I probably wouldn't expect a ton from him offensively. The 25+ point mark would be good, as long as his defense is reliable.

All long with

*Axel Andersson - Kitchener Rangers
A 2nd round pick of the Bruins this year, Andersson was an import selection of the Kitchener Rangers this year. Sounds like he'll be coming over to play and he should make an immediate impact in the OHL. Kitchener needs someone to run their powerplay and I would expect that he has a good offensive season surrounded by some talent. A 40+ point season is definitely a reachable target.

loozer

Nov 2, 2007
Bay Area
World Jr. Summer show case rosters for US team blue and white have been released. Kyle Keyser is on team blue, while Curtis Hall will be playing for team white. Those were the only two US bruins prospects I saw. Vaak and Axel Andersson may be playing for their respective countries as well but I haven't seen rosters for the other teams. I would imagine Studnicka is also playing for one of the Canadian teams.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jakub Lauko is RL Best Individual “Value” pick

Cited top half of first round talent taken midway through the third round

Sweeney said post draft they had him rated with first round grade

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Article on Swayman, not the lazy Haggs article where he wondered if Halak`s presence may offer the chance to move Tuukka.

I don`t/didn`t know much about this kid, read here from those who saw him at D camp that he asserted himself well though

Bruins

False Start

May 8, 2018
Jakub Lauko is RL Best Individual “Value” pick

Cited top half of first round talent taken midway through the third round

Sweeney said post draft they had him rated with first round grade

So the real question is. Why didn't we take him with our 2nd rounder?

And why did he fall to the 3rd round in the first place?

Reactions: Estlin and Blowfish

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

who knows, why did/was Pasta passed over 24 times before being selected, why was Marchand passed 70 times? Makes little difference to me, just far too many factors and reasons why this prospect or that is picked where they are

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Interertjng take but pretty darn close.

After reading the article, I agree with some others. Don’t think this guy has actually seen any of these kids play and is just writing based off internet stats watching.

His bottom 5 is questionable to be kind. I like what I saw at DC from AA, but 7th out of all the B’s prospects is a stretch for me. Not sure if this guy has a hard on for the Swedes or what? Berglund is another guy I like, but 10th? And then the idea that the only reason he fell to the 7th round was because scouts have a hard time getting over to Sweden and watching anything other than the SHL and only go by numbers (oh the irony). Is this guy living in the 70’s? He apparently doesn’t realize that some NHL teams actually have scouts that (wait for it) LIVE IN SWEDEN!!!

Waste of 5 minutes. You get better analysis on prospects here.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Article on Swayman, not the lazy Haggs article where he wondered if Halak`s presence may offer the chance to move Tuukka.

I don`t/didn`t know much about this kid, read here from those who saw him at D camp that he asserted himself well though

Bruins

Like both Swayman and Keyser, but based on just the scrimmage Friday at DC, I thought Swayman struggled a bit. I saw him a couple of times this year in Hockey East and he looked fat better in those games.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Reminds me a little of the Frederic over Lindgren situation in that draft? Lots of people had Frederic rated much lower and Lindgren in the 30’s. B’s take Frederic with the late 1st (fans on HF riot) and get Lindgren later. A couple of years later, looks like the B’s got it right?

I absolutely loved what I saw from Lauko at DC. AA’s gameplay was very good (I had heard he struggled in the drills earlier in the week) and he was the best D in the scrimmage.

Every team and scout is different. Obviously the Red Line scout saw something in Lauko that he really liked. Sounds like the B’s saw some of the same stuff, but they just liked AA better. I’m hoping that falling to the third round (he was rated in the 40-50 range by a lot of people) will light a fire under Lauko’s ass.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Sweeney answered it when he said during the post draft press conference they were ecstatic they got 2 players they had rated as first round grades

Therefore it’s obvious Andersson was rated higher

Reactions: 00BW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad