Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Senyshyn is now 0-0-0 with a -6 in 3 games since his return. He wasn't chosen as one of the 5 skaters in tonight's shootout either. Not exactly playing his way onto the WJC team so far.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Senyshyn is now 0-0-0 with a -6 in 3 games since his return. He wasn't chosen as one of the 5 skaters in tonight's shootout either. Not exactly playing his way onto the WJC team so far.[/OTE]

Ok so now getting a little more concerning and I'm a seny fan with bruin cap Seny autograph. :( Is it the team? Which i heard were predicted tops or Seny? Still very early and Seny didn't look too bad at camp...but it is something to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Senyshyn is now 0-0-0 with a -6 in 3 games since his return. He wasn't chosen as one of the 5 skaters in tonight's shootout either. Not exactly playing his way onto the WJC team so far.

That's not good. For how long can the mono and appendectomy be used as an excuse (if they indeed still can)?

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Senyshyn is now 0-0-0 with a -6 in 3 games since his return. He wasn't chosen as one of the 5 skaters in tonight's shootout either. Not exactly playing his way onto the WJC team so far.[/OTE]

Ok so now getting a little more concerning and I'm a seny fan with bruin cap Seny autograph. :( Is it the team? Which i heard were predicted tops or Seny? Still very early and Seny didn't look too bad at camp...but it is something to keep an eye on.

It's only 3 games, it doesn't means much in the grand scheme of things. He could totally finish the year winning the OHL MVP for all we know, but it's not the team. The team is doing fine, they are 5-3 and have 3 PPG players on the roster even without Blake Speers who's still up with the Devils. It's not always someone else fault.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's not good. For how long can the mono and appendectomy be used as an excuse (if they indeed still can)?

Eh what's the difference. He got off to a slow start last year and there was panic, and he finished with Monster numbers.

We are as a group so obsessive that it can drive us insane. Check in again at New Years, and we'll see where his numbers are at

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

It's not the team. They are going to surprise a lot of people in the west. Probably won't be able to topple Windsor or London, but they are going to make a lot of noise. Very good young team.

As for Senyshyn, the mono and the appendectomy had an effect on his training in the summer and through training camp. If this keeps up once he's 100% in playing shape then I'll have concerns.

And we all know goals come in bunches even for the best goal scorers. He's getting his chances still. He had seven shots in one game. Unfortunately it was the same game he was a minus 3. Dan asked me about it and I'll repeat it here, " +/- has its place but not a be all end all. Go watch the highlights of that game. It's on their website. And when you do, tell me why he (and some of his teammates) deserve minuses from those goals."

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Eh what's the difference. He got off to a slow start last year and there was panic, and he finished with Monster numbers.

We are as a group so obsessive that it can drive us insane. Check in again at New Years, and we'll see where his numbers are at

I don't think it is obsessive considering the far superior options available at this drafting spot at the time. But Sweeney needs to be lambasted for that fiasco, not the player himself.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think it is obsessive considering the far superior options available at this drafting spot at the time. But Sweeney needs to be lambasted for that fiasco, not the player himself.

The "obsessive" I am referring to is that especially at this point in the season we are in the super small sample size, and a guy like Senyshyn could have a good weekend next weekend, and suddenly be above projections.

Looking at a players stats 3 games into a season and viewing them as anything other than SSZ is obsessive

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Does he get credit for Pastrnak - that was his suggestion based on multiple trips with Axelsson and other scouts to watch him since he missed I believe the Lake Placid tourney and in end why he probably made it to Boston

I was a Connor Barzal Konecney White guy

Any 2 of those 4 at 14 & 15 but let's see how plays out

I was a Latendresse guy over Bergeron in 2003:eek:

We need to see how plays out

I do love Konecney - if I was 12 I'm sure I'd have a poster lol

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Does he get credit for Pastrnak - that was his suggestion based on multiple trips with Axelsson and other scouts to watch him since he missed I believe the Lake Placid tourney and in end why he probably made it to Boston

What about all the trips done by Mike Chiarelli to scout Senyshyn ? Who gets the credit ? :naughty:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The guy who posted better stats than Senyshyn in his draft year ? Yes, I was high on him in the first round, in a far weaker draft than in 2015.

Neither was picked because of stats. Senyshyn because of potential. Sokolov fell off the map for lack of it.

Oh, and the guy you were high on in the first round that couldn't crack it until the 6th in a "far weaker draft" says it all doesn't it?

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What about all the trips done by Mike Chiarelli to scout Senyshyn ? Who gets the credit ? :naughty:

Lore has it that Mike Chiarelli stopped at a Tim Horton's and was last seen at a table eating out of a vat of timbits and never made it

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

Latendresse was only draft eligible 2 years after Bergeron, but I know what you mean, I was really disapointed when they picked Bergeron because I wanted Patrick O'Sullivan :laugh:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
It's not the team. They are going to surprise a lot of people in the west. Probably won't be able to topple Windsor or London, but they are going to make a lot of noise. Very good young team.

As for Senyshyn, the mono and the appendectomy had an effect on his training in the summer and through training camp. If this keeps up once he's 100% in playing shape then I'll have concerns.

And we all know goals come in bunches even for the best goal scorers. He's getting his chances still. He had seven shots in one game. Unfortunately it was the same game he was a minus 3. Dan asked me about it and I'll repeat it here, " +/- has its place but not a be all end all. Go watch the highlights of that game. It's on their website. And when you do, tell me why he (and some of his teammates) deserve minuses from those goals."

Some speculation among Soo fans to trade Senyshyn to a top team at the deadline to load up for next year. Do you see any truth to that? If the Hounds were to be really bad, it would be an easy decision, but with them probably be arround a .600 team, I'm not sure it's the kind of message a GM wants to deliver to fans/players?

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Senyshyn tonight with two goals in the first period.
Both were from in close where goal scorers thrive.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Neither was picked because of stats. Senyshyn because of potential. Sokolov fell off the map for lack of it.

Oh, and the guy you were high on in the first round that couldn't crack it until the 6th in a "far weaker draft" says it all doesn't it?

Sure does.

Not worth it to start worrying about Senyshyn yet. Still way too early.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Latendresse was only draft eligible 2 years after Bergeron, but I know what you mean, I was really disapointed when they picked Bergeron because I wanted Patrick O'Sullivan :laugh:

Ha it might have been O'Sullivan but I was not happy they took Bergeron-Cleary :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Still wanted Bellows over Kluzak, wig and all and should have got dibs on his kid

I was at class and flipped WBZ 1030 Boston on and they said Kluzak over Bellows. Weird? Class? When did they fo that draft during the week?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad