Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fraser is establishing himself as a sniper in the AHL. With His hat trick last night he is second in the league in goals scored. I wonder what's in store for his future. Right now he looks to be the third or fourth call-up forward prospect behind Spooner/Johnson.

Can he sure light it up at that level- reminds me of Charlie Simmer. He deserves to be called up if a wing goes down- with Johnson and Fraser you have to wonder why they don't go the Colborne route with Caron unless they have definite plans on him which is possible

That Bear

Jan 22, 2011
So who are prospects that have a shot at playing in the WJC

USA
Grzelcyk
Fitzgerald

Slovakia
Cehlarik

Sweden
Arnesson

Any others?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Not sure if this has been posted but it appears Bruins 6th round pick Anton Blidh, after a really good start with Frolunda J-20 (8g 6a in 19 GP) this season may have "graduated".

He was loaned out to Allsvenskan side Karlskrona (2pts in 11games) and is currently listed on Frolunda senior roster where he has put up an assist in 4 games and skated to an even rating.

Blidh looks to me like a Daniel Paille replacement down the line, good skater who works his bag off every shift on the ice and has a little offensive spark now and then. Really reminds me of P.J. Axelsson.

norwegianbruinsfan86

May 7, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted but it appears Bruins 6th round pick Anton Blidh, after a really good start with Frolunda J-20 (8g 6a in 19 GP) this season may have "graduated".

He was loaned out to Allsvenskan side Karlskrona (2pts in 11games) and is currently listed on Frolunda senior roster where he has put up an assist in 4 games and skated to an even rating.

Blidh looks to me like a Daniel Paille replacement down the line, good skater who works his bag off every shift on the ice and has a little offensive spark now and then. Really reminds me of P.J. Axelsson.

Frolunda have a lot of players currently with the swedish juniorteam and some other players with their national team before they are going to play in the European Trohpy finals. That is the reason that Blidh, along with some other players are called back to the Frolunda senior rosters.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=696373&navid=DL|NHL|home

Article on Grzelcyk on NHL.com. Really good pick. Was big boom or nothing, looking like he's headed in the right direction for sure.

Mike is a consummate pro, so it comes as no surprise that if I have read one story that captures who Matt Grzelcyk truly is in terms of his class and character, it is that one.

Thanks for sharing. I retweeted your link out and it's well worth the read.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Ryan Fitzgerald was cut from the U.S. WJC team this morning. Sounds like Matt Grzelcyk is a lock.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Frolunda have a lot of players currently with the swedish juniorteam and some other players with their national team before they are going to play in the European Trohpy finals. That is the reason that Blidh, along with some other players are called back to the Frolunda senior rosters.

So is it likely that Blidh will return to Karlskrona on loan when those players return?

norwegianbruinsfan86

May 7, 2012
So is it likely that Blidh will return to Karlskrona on loan when those players return?

That will more than likely happen, but I don't think that is bad thing for him. He gets a shot with the seniorteam to show what steps he has taken last couple of months. I think it's best for his development to go back and play more minutes with Karlskrona.

With the new agreement between NHL and SHL, that clubs now have 4 seasons from draftyear to get the player signed to a contract (at least if that player is drafted in his first year) will give both the club a chance to be even more patient with that player, and the player are given extra time to continue his development in Sweden. And because of that, I think the Bruins will be even more tempted to go back to Sweden in the upcoming drafts. They are in no rush to get players to NHL, so why not use all of your chances to get a player closest to NHL ready before they sign him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Freshman Ryan Fitzgerald making his mark at BC

Fitzgerald is fourth on the team in scoring with 18 points; Cangelosi is fifth with 17.
Fitzgerald, a fourth-round pick (No. 120 overall) of the Bruins in last summer’s draft, is a cousin of former Eagle Jimmy Hayes, now with the Florida Panthers, and current Eagle Kevin Hayes. They were both instrumental in Fitzgerald ending up at BC.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ng-his-mark/FsPSkTYSTQbf10nsxKQgFO/story.html

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Also cousin of Keith Tkachuk & his coming of age NHL prospect son.

Fitzgeralds are hockey royalty in New England.

Don't forget Uncle Scott Fitzgerald- Fitzy is Bruins assistant director of amateur scouting. Seriously injured in a car accident almost a year ago, but getting back in the game.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Also cousin of Keith Tkachuk & his coming of age NHL prospect son.

Fitzgeralds are hockey royalty in New England.

Don't forget Uncle Scott Fitzgerald- Fitzy is Bruins assistant director of amateur scouting. Seriously [/B]injured in a car accident almost a year ago, but getting back in the game.

I'm a little miffed at the Boston main stream media or even the Bruins for not giving this story more attention.

Maybe Fitzy' s wishes and I'm all wet. But I'm sure if he worked for the Sox or Pats it would be a HUGH story.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk on 98.5 tonight at 9:20; brings energy and some sand paper to his radio appearances

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Jared Knight is one of the most intriguing forward prospects in the Bruins organization. All scouting reports before and after he was drafted had me excited to see him (and his buddy Ryan Spooner) in a Boston uniform some day.

Spooner has progressed nicely, yet Knight has stalled. Injury ruined his first pro season in Providence and I hoped to see him break out this year and be an impact player in Providence, showing the organization that he could contribute to parent club soon.

Knight's second year in Providence hasn't turned out well to date (even though he is apparently healthy), to the point where Coach Cassidy called him out in a very direct fashion. Here's what he had to say in this Mark Divver article.

Winger Jared Knight is in a deep slump, with no goals in his last 22 games and one in his last 32.

“He’s offensively challenged right now. He’s been up in the lineup, he’s been down in the lineup. He’s been on the power play. He’s been off the power play,” said Cassidy.

“At some point, you have to work your way out of those situations and find a way to produce or bring something else. The only thing I worry about, when guys that rely on offense stop producing, you can’t let the rest of your game suffer. And that’s been the message. (Saturday) he had a lot of energy physically on the forecheck. But other nights it’s not there,” Cassidy said.

“I’ve seen players in the past come through, young guys, their offense dries up and their game dries up. You have to find a way to contribute to the cause.”

Knight, who turns 22 next week, was the 32nd overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft. He missed all but 10 games as a rookie last season because of injuries.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...eder-system-working-splendidly-for-bruins.ece

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Knight needs to get traded to a team where Seth Griffith won't take his offensive minutes again. I really wish the guy would have a spectacular career as a Bruin but if things aren't gonna work out in Boston they aren't gonna work out.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Jared Knight is one of the most intriguing forward prospects in the Bruins organization. All scouting reports before and after he was drafted had me excited to see him (and his buddy Ryan Spooner) in a Boston uniform some day.

Spooner has progressed nicely, yet Knight has stalled. Injury ruined his first pro season in Providence and I hoped to see him break out this year and be an impact player in Providence, showing the organization that he could contribute to parent club soon.

Knight's second year in Providence hasn't turned out well to date (even though he is apparently healthy), to the point where Coach Cassidy called him out in a very direct fashion. Here's what he had to say in this Mark Divver article.

Winger Jared Knight is in a deep slump, with no goals in his last 22 games and one in his last 32.

“He’s offensively challenged right now. He’s been up in the lineup, he’s been down in the lineup. He’s been on the power play. He’s been off the power play,†said Cassidy.

“At some point, you have to work your way out of those situations and find a way to produce or bring something else. The only thing I worry about, when guys that rely on offense stop producing, you can’t let the rest of your game suffer. And that’s been the message. (Saturday) he had a lot of energy physically on the forecheck. But other nights it’s not there,†Cassidy said.

“I’ve seen players in the past come through, young guys, their offense dries up and their game dries up. You have to find a way to contribute to the cause.â€

Knight, who turns 22 next week, was the 32nd overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft. He missed all but 10 games as a rookie last season because of injuries.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...eder-system-working-splendidly-for-bruins.ece

A great follow up question would have been," Coach, when Knight had a 4 point game on Friday night the very next game you played him 6 minutes, what was your thought process on that one?"

or why do you hold Knight to one standard but other aren't as accountable?

Or why did it take you so long to put him in the shoot out, Coach?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Was able to get out to watch the Frozen Fenway game today (despite the abysmal weather) and the one player that really caught my eye was Ahti Oksanen. Do you think the Bruins have tabs on this kid?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Congratulations to Ryan Spooner.

Bruins forward Ryan Spooner was named an AHL All-Star Thursday. Spooner is currently playing in the NHL with the Bruins.

In 21 AHL games this season, Spooner has five goals and 18 assists for 23 points He has nine points (all assists) in 16 games for the Bruins this season. The Bruins have been using him to center the team’s third line since Chris Kelly went down with a broken fibula on Dec. 7.

This is the first AHL All-Star selection for Spooner, who was a second-round pick of the Bruins in the 2010 draft. The All-Star game will take place during the Olympic break on Feb. 12.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone have a list of the Jan NEHJ top 10 prospects? Usually I pick one up at the rinks but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad