Bruin's post deadline Press Conference

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sorry guys. The team won a cup in 11, and went for it again in 13 and they were the favorite to win with the addition of Iginla in 14. They came up short, but you can't say they didn't roll the dice. In this day and age of cap constraints, you can't have your cake and eat it too.. you just can't.

You can either be mediocre year after year and not ever rise or fall, or you can go to 2 finals in 3 years, and be presidents trophy winners the next year.... and then have a down year or two without being able to go for it due to the cap constraints of past success.

If you all want to give back the President's trophy, and the finals appearance against Chicago, AND the 2011 CUP, then you might be able to have you big splash at the trade deadline. (cups are all that matter to me by the way, but for argument's sake)

This isn't men's league hockey where you can retool with the best players every year, there are rules.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team in the conference final, and i wouldn't be surprised to see them out in the first round. They had a crap February, but were the best team in the league in January.

There were NO big names in any of these trades, and especially none that were realistically going to put the team over the top this deadline.

I'm as big a fan of this team as there is, but try to understand the biz behind it all before being all angry and calling for people's jobs.

Holy crap, it's like I created a second account that people didn't hate, and posted.

This is like verbatim what I try and say here as often as possible.

Now all that being said, people are allowed to hate "the trade". It's pretty tough not to. But outside of that, bang on.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
which d man traded yesterday should the b's have gone for? I did not see anything special from those available, none of the depth d are better than what we have
You don't have to just target the players that are eventually traded.
Find a team that has a surplus of what you need, and contact them.
I can only assume that Chia did this, and was unsuccessful.
I do have to wonder how much time and effort was expended on Talbot.
I mean, I 'd almost have that be a non-trade, and have the effort towards
a D'man, that may or may not have ended up in fruition.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You don't have to just target the players that are eventually traded.
Find a team that has a surplus of what you need, and contact them.
I can only assume that Chia did this, and was unsuccessful.
I do have to wonder how much time and effort was expended on Talbot.
I mean, I 'd almost have that be a non-trade, and have the effort towards
a D'man, that may or may not have ended up in fruition.

Lebrun says Chia was awfully busy trying

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...ne-boston-bruins-gave-their-all-load-deadline

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Holy crap, it's like I created a second account that people didn't hate, and posted.

This is like verbatim what I try and say here as often as possible.

Now all that being said, people are allowed to hate "the trade". It's pretty tough not to. But outside of that, bang on.

Yeah, that guy is smart! and handsome. =-) and single ladies... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad