Bruin's post deadline Press Conference

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Lot of BS. To say Morrow, Trotman and Warsofski are better option then what was on the market was laughable. Of course, price were too high.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
"Hard to get a deal done...prices so high"

...unless you are losing the deal amirite?

So ****ing capitalize and turn some of your ****ing dead weight into prized picks / prospects?

You sell low on Boychuk and Seguin then refuse to sell high , ever...

I guarantee you Loui Eriksson is dealt for a package in the summer that makes Antoine Vermette look like Wayne Gretzky this deadline.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Interesting, I keep hitting refresh on the trade tracker and see Campbell and Paille still here, and Talbot being acquired...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: And the sad thing is they won't be sitting. It'll be the youth that has actually performed well.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wants to give the kids a chance to play.

But basically implied that Connolly will be taking Pasta's spot. And that Pasta, Spooner, and Ferlin will all play and sit. WTF? They only life this team has shown this season is because of the youth they've given a chance to lately. Now they're going to stop? Yikes.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This guy is a ****ing *******. Way to **** us against the cap.

This was the series of moves eh? Garbage

Best part is that he used the cap issues as an excuse for not swinging a bigger trade. Uhm, hello? You ****ing created the cap issues with your ****** moves, asshat...:laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
But basically implied that Connolly will be taking Pasta's spot. And that Pasta, Spooner, and Ferlin will all play and sit. WTF? They only life this team has shown this season is because of the youth they've given a chance to lately. Now they're going to stop? Yikes.

Not sure why they would want to break up Lucic Spooner and Pasta .I would put Connolly with Bergeron .

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He doesn't even give good excuses. Loads of BS with **** dribbling down his chin as I mentioned before. Pathetic. The entire time he was talking I was hoping his phone would ring and he'd be fired mid-press conference.

We bought it for years, but I think this is the first year his script of BS and lies and excuses has worn off. I don't think even he believes what he was saying.

Yeah, Trotman and Warsofsky are going to look real ****ing good in the playoffs.

At least the reporters asked him some tougher questions for once, but he avoided them for the most part.

"Yeah, like, I mean, like, yeah you know, we had options but like I like our group here and once we get to the playoffs anything can happen [even when you have an average team]."

Younger, faster, more skilled 4th line. That's why we got rid of Thornton.

And Caron. And Cunningham.

And added Talbot, who is overpaid, declining, and really not a very good player. The kind of player we should be moving away from on our 4th line, or so I had thought.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I wonder if the last couple of games swayed Chia in thinking they have a chance. Now what do the players do with the vote of confidence from the GM? Do they start playing with more excitement and energy like the young kids gave them, or do they go back to the good old boys club where the half hearted effort for 40 of the 60 minutes continue with the same lame excuses to the media. Cause at this point I have had enough excuses from the GM and the players. Its time for action instead of words.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Yup, Spooner, Pasta and Ferlin (and to an extent Caron) have given this team a boost of speed, energy and enthusiasm.

Trade deadline day passes and come playoff time(if they get there) when Krejci returns Spooner, Pasta and Ferlin will be sitting in favor of Paille, Campbell and Talbot. Lucic will go back to not moving his feet playing with Krejci and Connolly, Kelly will be back on the 3rd line, and they'll be gone in 4 or 5 in round 1.

Do Chia and Co. clearly value experience and grit over speed and skill. Too bad it's 2015 and not 2011. Give me young fresh wheels over slow gritty experienced players any day. Better short term, better long term, it's a win-win except for Chia, Neely and Claude.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So where are all the people that said..

1. Boychuk deal was great value
2. It's only October, he has the whole year to improve
3. Believed his series of moves speech

You mean trading Boychuk for the cap space to trade for our savior Talbot isn't a winning formula?!?!

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

We all knew that those uys were going to be scratches come playoff time. It happens all the time here, those young guys get scratched come playoff time. Just the way they roll. Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton and next up Pastrnak.

Coach will look to a guy like Daugevins over Soderberg or Reich over Kessel or Redden over Hamilton or anyone over Marchand every day of the week.

YOu give him these guys and her will play them. EVERY SINGLE TIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad