Confirmed with Link: Bruins-Ottawa game rescheduled for Sunday, April 28th @ 7PM

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Unless they build an extra day off; I'd rather not finish the season playing three straight. If that's the case, I'd prefer them to just not play it. We have been complaining of being tired enough; never mind if we have to do that just before the playoffs start.

Hopefully the standings will shake out in such a way that the game is a throw away.

Even if it does not impact the Eastern Conference it could have an effect if one team makes the finals, if you get a Ducks/Bruins final and the Ducks have played all their games and have 1 more point then the Bruins could be screwed with not getting home ice.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Even if it does not impact the Eastern Conference it could have an effect if one team makes the finals, if you get a Ducks/Bruins final and the Ducks have played all their games and have 1 more point then the Bruins could be screwed with not getting home ice.

Could also give the B's one more game to tweak lines, get Yeti, Redden or rookies some ice, etc.

Not a big deal, just food for thought on a day when I aint thinkin too good.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
In my opinion (not that it matters), the game has to be played. It could be dedicated to the victims and families of the tragedy, revenues from the game could be donated to help, stuff like that... The game itself might have little meaning to the standings. In all liklihood, both teams will be in the playoffs, maybe it changes the opponent. Even if it doesn't, an exhibition style game though it may be, would be good for the fans.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
In my opinion (not that it matters), the game has to be played. It could be dedicated to the victims and families of the tragedy, revenues from the game could be donated to help, stuff like that... The game itself might have little meaning to the standings. In all liklihood, both teams will be in the playoffs, maybe it changes the opponent. Even if it doesn't, an exhibition style game though it may be, would be good for the fans.

Agreed. There's an opportunity there to potentially do some good with this game, it should be played.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why not have a street hockey game; would love to see Tuukka wearing a Don Mattingly Rawlings glove robbing Kyle Turris. Fighting would be much more interesting as well; but this would be the most watched game in the history of hockey and if they really wanted to add a touch they could play it in some neighborhood...how cool would it be to see instead of zambonies, one of those side walk sweepers comes thru

also, an ice cream truck between periods with JJ passing out fugdicles and creamsicles would be epic

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Why not have a street hockey game; would love to see Tuukka wearing a Don Mattingly Rawlings glove robbing Kyle Turris. Fighting would be much more interesting as well; but this would be the most watched game in the history of hockey and if they really wanted to add a touch they could play it in some neighborhood...how cool would it be to see instead of zambonies, one of those side walk sweepers comes thru

also, an ice cream truck between periods with JJ passing out fugdicles and creamsicles would be epic

Reading this made me so happy. :laugh::laugh:

Only problem is that JJ is too cheap to pass out fudgesicles and creamsicles...he'd charge everyone $2. :laugh:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I came here to post something similar to this. Needs to be played to show that terrorism does not deter life.
I love the idea of it being a dedication game.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Darren Dreger of TSN just said all things point to it being in Boston on Sunday the 28th.

I'm assuming it would be an afternoon game, so playoff pairings are locked up in the afternoon for teams who need to fly out to their first road game on Tuesday.

If it were, the Celtics could schedule an evening playoff game there too. Apparently conversion can take approximately 3 hours only.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Darren Dreger of TSN just said all things point to it being in Boston on Sunday the 28th.

I'm assuming it would be an afternoon game, so playoff pairings are locked up in the afternoon for teams who need to fly out to their first road game on Tuesday.

If it were, the Celtics could schedule an evening playoff game there too. Apparently conversion can take approximately 3 hours only.

I wonder if it's possible to switch the Saturday, 4/27 game to a noon start to accommodate an afternoon game the next day?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Yes he was on hockey central and said it was on the 28th.

Great news. The Bruins might be able to use this game to avoid the Rangers in the first round.

If it's a meaningless game: leisurely skate
If it's better to lose: leisurely skate
If it's better to win: the Bruins always beat the Sens

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

Thanks Dan. First time I've been able to smile in the last 24 hours.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
hmm... sens play saturday night on CBC, but they have no afternoon game that day and montreal is playing toronto, so the only ratings they'll get from the sens game are in the ottawa region.

I dont think they'd have a huge problem switching that to an afternoon game to accommodate an afternoon game in boston the next day.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
My guess is that they play the game on the 28th in the early evening, perhaps 5 pm or 6 pm.

NESN has the Red Sox-Astros at 1:30 that day so they could then show both games...TV considerations often decide things. Would end early enough so that teams would know whom they are playing in the playoffs that night at a reasonable hour.

Not to mention that they probably don't want to have Sox and Bruins going on at the same time if they can avoid it. Celtics series with Knicks will probably have games in Boston on 24th and 26th since those are the dates that are supposedly being held.

Additional from Twitter:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 4m

Ottawa at Boston has been re-scheduled for Sunday, April 28th.

Game is at 7 pm, per NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=666051&cmpid=nhl-twt

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
@TSNBobMcKenzie 4:30 PM
Rescheduled OTT-BOS game will be played Sunday April 28, 7 pm ET, the day after rest of regular season concludes.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Guess the Bs get to control who they play in the playoffs...with this being the only game that day and Ottawa and Boston will likely be 1 point within moving a seed or 2.

So, who do we want?

Leafs - scary tough

Ottawa - that would be nice but they have solid goaltending

Islanders - gritty team - but probably best matchup in the end

NY Rangers - avoid at all costs in my opinion with Lundqvist and their playoff grit and coaching

Winnipeg - they probably won't make it anyways, but it would be nice - although they have a wicked home crowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad