Confirmed with Link: Bruins-Ottawa game rescheduled for Sunday, April 28th @ 7PM

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I doubt that.

Depending on what happens, it might be like the Celtics-Pacers game, won't affect the standings at all. That's pretty unlikely though, the Senators are only 1 and 2 points ahead of the Islanders and Rangers, and we're one point back to Montreal.

It will likely be played, not sure when or where.

Riiseli

Unregistered User
Dec 21, 2009
Senators @ Bruins on 22nd and Bruins @ Flyers on 24th would work arena wise. But that would require rescheduling another game and result in 5 games in 7 days for the B's.
As of right now there are playoff implications for both teams, and they can't wait to reschedule it.

It's going to have to be played. Probably the 28th.
I suppose they could reschedule it for Monday the 28th and cancel the game, if it had no implications at that point.

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
NHL should wait until after the end of the season, and if seeding/division lead can change from game, then play it. If not, then forget it.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Depending on what happens, it might be like the Celtics-Pacers game, won't affect the standings at all. That's pretty unlikely though, the Senators are only 1 and 2 points ahead of the Islanders and Rangers, and we're one point back to Montreal.

It will likely be played, not sure when or where.

If I'm Chia I get that game played regardless.

1) Claude can use the time to play with lines

2) It was a SHORT season. I could see on 82, but 48? Makes no sense to lose that

3) the 2 points could matter in the finals...

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
NHL should wait until after the end of the season, and if seeding/division lead can change from game, then play it. If not, then forget it.

They definitely can't do that. Far too many logistical concerns in play to wait. As of right now the game is very important to both clubs. They are operating in the right now in terms of rescheduling, which means that they will. Once it's rescheduled, it's going to be played.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They definitely can't do that. Far too many logistical concerns in play to wait. As of right now the game is very important to both clubs. They are operating in the right now in terms of rescheduling, which means that they will. Once it's rescheduled, it's going to be played.

And there is a LOT of money involved. Not wanting to sound crass, but no one wants to forfeit around 3-4 million in gate receipts

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And there is a LOT of money involved. Not wanting to sound crass, but no one wants to forfeit around 3-4 million in gate receipts

Celtics just did and dont plan on making up tonight's game

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
There is a difference, though both franchises could both lose money on cancellations. The Celtics have their slot decided and their first round opponent known. Bruins are still scrambling with Montreal for first place in the division , the result being an easier opponent (on paper, at least) for the playoffs..

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

That's because both Celtics and Pacers are locked into their spots at 3rd and 7th.

No way they don't play the game if there could be a seeding impact, which will most likely be the case with the Bos-Ott game with Boston in a fight for 2nd/4th with Mtl and Ottawa being in a tight race for 6-9th.

I don't know when they'll make the decision, but as of now, they just have to play that game. And Sunday 28th is the most logical open date.

What should be done is to schedule it for April 28th and if they find out after everything is done on the 27th that the seedings can't change anymore, then not to play the game for nothing...

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Celtics kind of don't have a choice. The season ends tomorrow, and the arena is booked every day until Saturday, which is when the postseason is scheduled to begin.

I guess if the game was critical they might be able to play at Noon on Thursday, but even that might not be possible, as I bet Fleetwood Mac's contract allows them the venue around 9 or 10 am

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'll say it again: they will not reschedule this game only to cancel it in the end.

truth. and it won't be in providence. no way JJ loses all those greenbacks. only day it can be is sunday the 28th. they'll push b's playoff start back a day. will not be scheduled to make a 3 days-in-a-row scenario.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
The playoffs don't begin until the 30th, so even if they played on Sunday (28th), they will have a day off+ (assuming the game will be an early afternoon game) before having to play Tuesday evening.

And they could easily mitigate this by having the Ottawa series and Boston series start on the 1st (Wednesday)

TD Garden also is available for the 28th.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
they'll push b's playoff start back a day.

Push it from where? Do they already have a set date for the Bruins playoff opener?

And they could easily mitigate this by having the Ottawa series and Boston series start on the 1st (Wednesday)

Exactly. All the first-round series never start on the same day anyhow.

TD Garden also is available for the 28th.

Isn't it possible that Knicks-Celtics game 4 would be on the 28th? That's what I counted on when I bought a ticket for that game.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Not only does it matter to the eastern standings it could change home ice in the cup finals if Ottowa or Boston make it.

Kings got 52 points right now Ottowa should also be looking to pass them.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
What Lawrence said. The game will occur on the 28th.

That said, in an ideal world(which it isn't), the game would be cancelled and each team given one point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad