Confirmed with Link: Bruins-Ottawa game rescheduled for Sunday, April 28th @ 7PM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a mess - but unless the NHL allows the Bruins to play Ottawa on the 28th it seems unlikely the game can be played at TD Garden.

The only mutual open dates that Ottawa and the Bruins have are the 24th and 26th BUT the Celtics have placed a hold on those dates for their playoff series with the Knicks.

The Bruins are going to wind up playing 3 straight nights no matter what.

The Bruins could wind up playing on a weekday afternoon at TD or move the game to Providence.

The other possibility is the game would be played in neutral Quebec City.

My best guess is the game will be played on the 28th.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Makes the most sense to hold it on the 28th and just try to have the bruins and Sens play their playoff games on the 2nd game day if possible.

Easier than trying to hold it somewhere else.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
P Bruins first and second home playoff games are 4/26 & 4/28.

Thread title is VERY misleading, as it suggests a source for the speculation.

I agree the title should be altered.

The game will likely be on the 28th and the B's and Send playoff respective series will have to start a day later than the rest.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
Speculations and rumors..... hhhhmmmmm seems to be what most forums are anyway... I will add this before this thread is locked....

If the game does not mean anything to the standings, playoff races, etc.... it does not happen.... if it does, they will play on Sunday or Monday 4/28 - 4/29

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
The game will likely be on the 28th and the B's and Send playoff respective series will have to start a day later than the rest.

Half of the first-round series would probably be starting on Tuesday and half of them on Wednesday anyhow. So make the Bruins and Senators start on Wednesday, and it's business as usual.

The only mutual open dates that Ottawa and the Bruins have are the 24th and 26th BUT the Celtics have placed a hold on those dates for their playoff series with the Knicks.

How certain are those dates? I've been trying to figure out the Knicks-Celtics schedule quite hard, cause I'm coming to NY and Boston from Finland next week and I'm planning to see game 4 of that series. The NBA playoffs start on April 20th. I've been looking at playoff schedules from previous years, and I haven't found a single first-round game 3 that would have been played as soon as four days from the start of the playoffs. That's why I thought Celtics would be having their home games on Friday 26th and Sunday 28th.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I bet the game isn't played unless there are playoff implications.

I wouldn't mind one less game if the seedings are already set but 1 less game played equals 1 less game's worth of revenue for JJ. In a season where he has already lost about half of his home games this wouldn't sit nicely. Although, he could pull off a nice PR move and play it somewhere else and donate the proceeds of that game to help the victims. How are BC or BU's facilities?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I hope they can play it on the 28th when there are no other games left. It could let the Bruins dictate who they're playing in the first round.

I don't want any part of the Rangers.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Logistically it looks to me like it would have to be the 28th, in Boston. Push the Ottawa and Boston playoff series' back a day.

This is one of those situations where they just have to make it work this way, and there's really no way around it. If it means an extra day between games 1 and 2, or games 2 and 3...so be it

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Unless they build an extra day off; I'd rather not finish the season playing three straight. If that's the case, I'd prefer them to just not play it. We have been complaining of being tired enough; never mind if we have to do that just before the playoffs start.

Hopefully the standings will shake out in such a way that the game is a throw away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad