Proposal: Bruins Offseason Free Agency/Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I would like to see all 3 of K. Miller, McQuaid and Seidenberg gone and stay away from Yandle too much for what he brings, just resign Krug, then sign Demers and trade for 2 of Brodin/Vaatanen/Shattenkirk/Trouba. I would deal Spooner and Krejci for 2 of those D and then you can always sign another Center or two, maybe Shaw and even go for Stamkos, why not shoot for the moon.

Would rather Yandle for $$. Not really into Shattenkirk and what it will take to get him. Trading for him will be a disaster.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
depends what we have to give up for Brodin ;)

seriously though what are you guys looking for?

I would go for Brodin 1st as we'll need a lefty to take over for chara after this year and that guy is not Krug. we essentially need to plan for two top pairing guys. that's the only reason I've ever entertained the idea of bringing in Yandle is for when chara steps aside you have yandle and krug as your top two lefties.... but then the right side is still in dire straights.

chara-chiller
krug-brodin
morrow-mcquaid

or

chara-chiller
yandle-mcquaid
krug-k miller

I think two trades for top 4 dmen isn't going to happen. we'll be able to trade for one and sign another ufa (yandle or demers)

I would also hope sweeney resigns ALL RFA's (ferlin/randell/koko/griff/morrow) and use them with other pieces to send off for D help. teams like minni/NJ/Car/Winipeg like const controlled young players and may give a defensive piece to acquire those.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What's an off season on HF without some McQuaid bashing? Last year it was Miller can do the same job for less, well he couldn't. McQuaid was exposed a bit last year because they had him playing top 4 minutes and he isn't a top 4 D, he is a very good 3rd pairing defenseman who brings a good physical game to the table, stands up for his teammates and provides some leadership.

Adam McQuaid is the least of the D's problems, use him in the roll he should be used for and he is an asset to the team, unless you like hockey without hits or fights then he is useless, in which case you are targeting McQuaid for his style of game not his actual play, it would be like me using Alex Semin to condemn all finesse Russian players.

While he is a bit overpaid the Bruins should not have cap issues for the remaining two years on his deal, unless the pull a Chiarelli along the way. Kevan Miller will get at least 2 million as a UFA in my opinion and McQuaid is a much better player than Miller.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
the big issue I think is where do we think Morrow and C Miller fit in?

if you have Kevan and Adam then you either ride chiller with chara or he's in the press box. same thing goes if you keep seidenberg...morrows back in the press box... i like both morrow and chiller but one will likely be gone.

don't know much about demers but is he a reliable #4 guy? two way style that could pair with krug and not get completely pushed around?

it would be better if VanMiller or Mcq could play their offhand or one was a lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad