Proposal: Bruins Offseason Free Agency/Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Who gives a flying f*** about Shaw this team needs defense and talent.

Until they prove me wrong they are in the same path of mediocrity as they have been in the last 3 years.

Speed and talent is the path to championships , not slow 3rd liners that bring 10 goals and no speed.

A new direction and coach is needed not the same old same old that this management is preaching.

1st round picks last year meh, Liles/Stempniak meh, they are building a team of 3rd liners not of skilled players, pull off the wool and see the truth, if nothing is done this team will be horrendous next year. Prove me wrong???

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Until they prove me wrong they are in the same path of mediocrity as they have been in the last 3 years.

Speed and talent is the path to championships , not slow 3rd liners that bring 10 goals and no speed.

A new direction and coach is needed not the same old same old that this management is preaching.

1st round picks last year meh, Liles/Stempniak meh, they are building a team of 3rd liners not of skilled players, pull off the wool and see the truth, if nothing is done this team will be horrendous next year. Prove me wrong???

Uhhh, we're all dealing with hypotheticals here. Nobody is proving anybody wrong, lol. This is all table math we're doing, tough guy.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts

Most non playoff teams would face challenges the following year if no changes are made.

It's funny how the fan base of the reigning champs are actually quite devastated that a player like Anrew Shaw will be pricing himself out. He brings 'elements' to that team that sometimes don't always show up on the scoreboard and sometimes, subliminally help them win.

You must of hated Shawn Thorton huh?

We should sign Kessel! More speed more talent!

Shaw would be sweet here at around 3 million max IMO. Of course if Hayes was able to be traded elsewhere. He's versatile, feisty and turns it up in the playoffs. Also like David Perron in free agency too.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at K.Hayes from the Rangers...seems like he's in the dog house with AV.

Agree, but I don't think Gorton will let him go. More chance of Kreider and I dig that. We'll see, wouldnt mind trying to ship Jimmy over there, if Kevin stays there it might make it easier :laugh: as long as he isnt on the Bs next year, thats for sure.

Rags will make some surprising trades I think, Gorton's first full year, won't have any hands in the way this time, let's see what he does.

I wonder what the Hawks will do, Ladd won't be back, I dont want a bar of him, I'd be interested to see what happens to Anisimov. I think Bowman will make a big trade, watch him trade Panarin for #1 in this years draft and take Matthews or Laine :laugh: I think Crawford might be out of a job but that makes me wonder who they will take, maybe a goalie swap with Dallas and bring back Niemi with salary retained? I wish it was July already!

I think this offseason is going to be verrrrrrrrrry busy. Lots of pennies need to drop.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
But you can't repair one hole by making a hole somewhere else. The boat will still sink.

There are many more good wingers than defensemen though.

We could trade Marchand for a #2/#3 D and then fill the wing in FA with guys like:

Eriksson
Okposo
Ladd
Hudler
Boedker
Backes

If we can clear the cap space(Seidenberg, Mcquaid, Hayes,etc) I think the best plan is trading Marchand for a D, signing a guy like Yandle, Goligoski, or Russell, and then signing 2 wingers.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If that happens I guarantee Koko puts up 50+ points and this place will implode :laugh:

I know your kidding but I`d wager a more likely scenario is Koko packs his bags and either heads back home or signs on with some elite team in Europe. I suspect opposing GM`s are less than enticed by a guy who`s shown little more than being a very good AHL player

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Given that we're pretty set down the left side for next season;
Marchand
Belesky
Vatrano (assuming he gets the gig)
and we can use connolly as a cheap 4th line LW option (prefer him over hayes)

down the right side is where I think we have to fill in the gaps;

XXX
pasta
xxxx
Hayes (unless he's moved which i doubt he should be a 4th line regular)

given the talent available and the need for some guys who will play a tougher role i'd take a flyer on stewart for the 3rd line and Sweeney would have to at least make Okposo an offer. making 2.8M now is he going to break the bank? everyone thought belesky was going to get a huge payday and signed a reasonable deal. I think maybe sweeney can entice Okposo to do the same. somewhere in the neighborhood of 5.5/season. he should be able to play with 63/37 or on krecji's line. otherwise unless we're making some trades there's not a lot of great "talent available" at the wing. david perron is also a realistic option for a middle 6 "value deal" of term and cost

i'm not sold on bringing back eriksson just because of his age(31) which would mean decline is going to start 2 years into whatever deal he signs.

so we could have;
marchand-bergeron-okposo
belesky-krecji-pasta
vatrano-spooner-stewart
connolly-acciari-hayes
ex randell

duffy

Feb 12, 2006

We could trade Marchand for a #2/#3 D and then fill the wing in FA with guys like:

Eriksson
Okposo
Ladd
Hudler
Boedker
Backes

If we can clear the cap space(Seidenberg, Mcquaid, Hayes,etc) I think the best plan is trading Marchand for a D, signing a guy like Yandle, Goligoski, or Russell, and then signing 2 wingers.

Why is it noone is considering Dan Hamhuis? He is better defensively than all 3 above and plays a heavy game! I would say he would be more cap friendly also. He is also at an age and skill level to help the yutes and move asside or down the lineup as they gain experience. I don't believe Yandle or Goligoski will help on the D side and not familiar enough with Russell to guess. As for trading Marchand, you better have Eriksson locked up long-term or again your left chasing your tail. Before I even considered Marsh , I would do all I could to rid us of DK terrible contract. Posters talk about Rask not earning his $ and I agree he isn't but he is definitely closer to earning it than DK! No matter how you slice it the B's have 6 players not earning their contracts(DK,ZC,DS,TR,McQ, and JH)! Problem is almost all have NMC / NTC. Sweeney def has his work cut out for him. I do have confidence in him if Neely and that imbocile Sinden stay out of it!
Let's hope for the lottery and a good off season for DS.
Duffy in Mineville.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
is there any chance we throw a combo if RFA's out there to acquire a dman

spooner/griffith/koko/morrow for Dumba+ or something to that effect? cost controlled young players for a guy who may be looking for more than minni is willing to pay out and is sometimes in the dog house. could really benefit from a CJ system. i'd take a flyer on demers if you can get him for 3-4 years. moving seids is probably a must do this offseason and probably move mcquaid and sign K miller for 1/4 of the cost and keep on 3rd pairing or an extra.

the only way I wanna see Yandle here is if we move krug for someone like JVR otherwise keep krug and search for another top pairing guy next offseason for the left side.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Shaw and Perron would be nice additions, Shaws grit and leadership were both sadly missing here last year.

Still need to add a top2-3 D obviously but you need to add other components as well which Shaw would help with. A line with Marchand and Shaw would be tremendous.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Elliotte Friedman was on Edmonton’s 630 CHED on Friday afternoon.

On if he thinks Tyson Barrie, Sami Vatanen, or Justin Faulk would be available via trade:

“I would say this. I think in Anaheim, one of their young defensemen is going to get moved. I just don’t know if they’ve decided which one it’s going to be. For a long time, I thought last year it was going to be Cam Fowler. And then this year, when they were a nightmare early in the year, Cam Fowler was their best player. I know that it changed their opinion of him.

“So I think that Anaheim, at the end of the season, will sit down, do their player evaluations, decide who’s going to be signable and who isn’t, and make their decision then.

“Tyson Barrie, absolutely – I think for the right deal he’s available. I know this year Colorado had a lot of issues trying to get him signed, and at one point I got the sense they were really doubtful it would happen. So I do think that he’s available.

“Justin Faulk is an interesting one. My initial response would be I can’t imagine it. He’s a big-time scorer, and he’s got a great contract. If I’m looking at that from a team point of view, it’s a great deal. I would tell you I think anybody could be traded, but I think that’s an unbelievable deal if Carolina’s doing that.â€

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-barrie-available-for-the-right-deal/

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Shaw and Perron would be nice additions, Shaws grit and leadership were both sadly missing here last year.

Still need to add a top2-3 D obviously but you need to add other components as well which Shaw would help with. A line with Marchand and Shaw would be tremendous.

Shaw would be a great leader - not and could ride the Boston Pride float on the Boston St Patrick Day Parade

I'm not sure if you heard what Shaw said or just don't care but this guy is no leader and it would be colossal blunder

I am assuming you were joking and are smarter than this post

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don`t even have a conversation about what or whom is available up front until the D has been addressed as much as it can

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Shaw would be a great leader - not and could ride the Boston Pride float on the Boston St Patrick Day Parade

I'm not sure if you heard what Shaw said or just don't care but this guy is no leader and it would be colossal blunder

I am assuming you were joking and are smarter than this post

Apparently I did miss something on Shaw, haven't been paying a ton of attention to playoffs, basing my comments on his 2013 final performance and the games I have sen him play since.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently I did miss something on Shaw, haven't been paying a ton of attention to playoffs, basing my comments on his 2013 final performance and the games I have sen him play since.

Yah he got suspended for a homophobic slur and not good.

We don't always agree but you're an excellent hockey guy and I know you would know if Sweeney signed this guy after that he would be bringing on crap he does not need

I would stay away from Shaw at this point

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Bruins could suit up the 84-85 Oilers forwards and still finish out of the play-offs if they go with the four pylons known as Chara, Seidenberg, Kevan Miller and McQuaid.

Anyone watching these play-offs see you need more guys like Krug then a bunch of traffic cones.

Chara would still be super effective with a Trouba or Shattenkirk or even Demers IMO... The other three would be effective with no one IMO.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yah he got suspended for a homophobic slur and not good.

We don't always agree but you're an excellent hockey guy and I know you would know if Sweeney signed this guy after that he would be bringing on crap he does not need

I would stay away from Shaw at this point

And this is what happens when you stop watching in the playoffs when the Bruins aren't in:dunce:

So how about that Brouwer guy on the third line for some leadership :)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Bruins could suit up the 84-85 Oilers forwards and still finish out of the play-offs if they go with the four pylons known as Chara, Seidenberg, Kevan Miller and McQuaid.

Anyone watching these play-offs see you need more guys like Krug then a bunch of traffic cones.

Chara would still be super effective with a Trouba or Shattenkirk or even Demers IMO... The other three would be effective with no one IMO.

I disagree.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Elliotte Friedman was on Edmonton’s 630 CHED on Friday afternoon.

On if he thinks Tyson Barrie, Sami Vatanen, or Justin Faulk would be available via trade:

“I would say this. I think in Anaheim, one of their young defensemen is going to get moved. I just don’t know if they’ve decided which one it’s going to be. For a long time, I thought last year it was going to be Cam Fowler. And then this year, when they were a nightmare early in the year, Cam Fowler was their best player. I know that it changed their opinion of him.

“So I think that Anaheim, at the end of the season, will sit down, do their player evaluations, decide who’s going to be signable and who isn’t, and make their decision then.

“Tyson Barrie, absolutely – I think for the right deal he’s available. I know this year Colorado had a lot of issues trying to get him signed, and at one point I got the sense they were really doubtful it would happen. So I do think that he’s available.

“Justin Faulk is an interesting one. My initial response would be I can’t imagine it. He’s a big-time scorer, and he’s got a great contract. If I’m looking at that from a team point of view, it’s a great deal. I would tell you I think anybody could be traded, but I think that’s an unbelievable deal if Carolina’s doing that.â€

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-barrie-available-for-the-right-deal/

I don't know how good Barrie is defensively but I saw him live here in Denver a few weeks ago and that guy is an unbelievable skater. For the right price I'd be very interested in seeing what Claude could do with him on the defensive end because his skating is something we could definitely use.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

100% correct.

Big, slow, defensive D are going the way of the Enforcer in today's game. You can be big and defensive if you can skate, but it you can't, your cooked. Chara is the exception as his reach and elite defensive awareness makes up for his lack of mobility, even at 39 years old.

How many teams left in the playoffs are carrying a bunch of Seidenberg/Kevan/McQuaid types, let alone dressing 3 of them on a regular basis.

If you had to watch those 3 deal with the pace that these playoffs are being played at thus far, it would be embarrassing.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Eriksson
Okposo
Ladd
Hudler
Boedker
Backes

Marchand will get 7/7.5 M per.
Erikson 6/6.5 M per.
Okposo 6.5/ 7 M per.

I'll take Marchand 10/10 and won't look back.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love Ferlin but he didn't look like the same bull when I saw him recently- likely ramifications from his bad concussion. I had hoped he would be in line for the third line RW spot able to play a heavier power game. Not sure right now.

Is there a RW version of Beleskey out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad