Seravalli: Bruins may need to move on from Frederic due to cap reasons.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ive always liked him, love to see the Jets talk to him

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Does Seravelli have any sources that have told him this? Or is this just him saying what he thinks might happen? If it’s the latter, then his statements have as much weight as anything of hfboards.
No one has insiders blabbing info from the Bruins offices. It just does not happen since Sweeney took over.

Kind of jarring for long time fans, who had Sindin yuck it up with anyone with a microphone. These days, every move is a complete surprise to the fans.

Part of me thinks the whole Gavrikov deal went down the tubes because Jamro started flapping his gums about it before anything was final, so the Bruins just walked away. Another part of me thinks they intentionally dumped the deal simply to punish Jarmo for being lippy about a deal the Bruins were in negotiations on.

Hell on earth for reporters looking for something to fill space. I think that's why they nearly unanimously liked Cassidy, who was always available and held back very little from them. The hacks were the ones truly saddened by the news of his firing.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He will have alot of teams to choose from.. won't be an expensive player but could have a bidding war

I'm sure he would love to stay in Boston but this situation is perfect for him from a financial point of view

don't know if he'll be inexpensive if a 27yo Bunting feels he's worth 5M. I'd rather have Frederic.

• Wow
Reactions: wintersej

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Frederick seems like he is still progressing but his point totals this year really had something to do with who he was playing with. He looks like a veery good utility player for your bottom six and can fill in at any forward position. He can put up some points with the right players but not many other teams are going to have a Taylor Hall on their 3rd line. I think he would be a great 4th liner, he just might have priced himself out of that role.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The people here that are singing the praises of Frederic and also saying Taylor Hall has no trade value didn’t watch any games.
6mil for a guy coming off a 36pt year, in a cap crunch off-season is what hurts Hall's value. He's also got a no trade list.

Looked good and underutilized against FLA though.

Maybe they package the two of em and use the space to hitch a wagon to Bertuzzi, but I'd be surprised.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
6mil for a guy coming off a 36pt year, in a cap crunch off-season is what hurts Hall's value. He's also got a no trade list.

Looked good and underutilized against FLA though.
Maybe they package the two of em and use the space to hitch a wagon to Bertuzzi, but I'd be surprised.
I'm not so sure that 36 points
is that bad when you're playing on the 3rd line with Frederic and you've been injured

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm not so sure that 36 points
is that bad when you're playing on the 3rd line with Frederic and you've been injured
Well Frederic with finished with more pts on that 3rd line and for 1/6 the price.

Hey if someone wants to overpay for him then I'm all for it, but personally I think the club could use the both of em next year.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Verhaeghe 2.0?
I assume you mean "player who has a decent year kind buried on a good team, breaks out elsewhere"... maybe.

But completely different players. Verhaeghe's skating and shot are far superior. Also a higher IQ. Frederic is big, and strong, and occasionally brings nasty and some decent scoring. But he doesn't have the offensive upside the Verhaeghe had at the same point.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He's listed as LW/C, does he often play center and if so, how is he?

He actually mostly played RW with Coyle and Hall on the defensive zone start line. It enabled him to get some “one timer from Hall” goals and some rebound goals. His best position is center but he hasn’t been able to see much time there. Even though he is best at center there is a question if he is good enough to be a 3rd line center, if that makes sense. Need someone to be able to drive there. I wouldn’t expect 17 even strength goals from him without being attached to someone like Hall, though…and the Bruins being able to play Hall on the 3rd line was a fluke.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ive always liked him, love to see the Jets talk to him

I keep wondering if there is something around Zacha and Frederic and Shieffle. The part about trying to trade for Schief I hate the most is having to remember how to spell his name. Also the title of this should be changed since the article states the Bruins might have to trade Frederic and does not mention not tendering him.

No I just understand what players actually get traded for. Comparing rental prices to the prices of a pending UFA that isn't going to be qualified is a nonsensical comparison.

Yes but the article doesn’t actually mention the Bruins not rendering him. Just trading RFA rights. The OP had Bruins hate excitement.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yes but the article doesn’t actually mention the Bruins not rendering him. Just trading RFA rights.

Yeah if that's the case, he'd bring back way more than like a 5th. I was just assuming that they were only trying to trade his UFA rights, not that someone else would be trading for his RFA rights with the intent of qualifying him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I keep wondering if there is something around Zacha and Frederic and Shieffle. The part about trying to trade for Schief I hate the most is having to remember how to spell his name. Also the title of this should be changed since the article states the Bruins might have to trade Frederic and does not mention not tendering him.

Yes but the article doesn’t actually mention the Bruins not rendering him. Just trading RFA rights. The OP had Bruins hate excitement.

Haha trick is saying Mark S, don’t spell his last name.

I think a deal could be done based on that

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad