Bruins Management: Two weeks to turn this around?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The bollocks on the timing of the Boychuk deal is magnified beyond belief right now.

He goes for a 40ish and mid 50ish pick in 2016.

Sekera may come here for a 15th ish pick and top prospect.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The bollocks on the timing of the Boychuk deal is magnified beyond belief right now.

There is no reason to continue to employ the fool who chose Boychuk to solve our cap problems instead of buying out Campbell/Kelly and moving McQ or Bart.

And the asking price on all of his targets has doubled since he started targeting certain players he is a moron for not paying the price in December to get one of these guys.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
All this talk of firings disgusts me. At least wait until the season is over.

I am very proud of Chiarelli's comments. I am so happy that he stood his ground against the oppressive Jacobs and spoke the truth instead of resorting to the usual cliches. Not only did Chiarelli and Julien bring us a Stanley Cup, they brought their country a gold medal. Has Chia made mistakes? Probably. But to fire a guy for making mistakes is childish [mod]. It's about who will give the team the best chance to win going forward, and Chia is a smart enough guy that he can learn from his mistakes and do better next time around.

Chiarelli and Julien are two of the best in the business, and I am becoming more and more convinced that this fanbase is utterly unworthy of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

I am very proud of Chiarelli's comments. I am so happy that he stood his ground against the oppressive Jacobs and spoke the truth instead of resorting to the usual cliches. Not only did Chiarelli and Julien bring us a Stanley Cup, they brought their country a gold medal. Has Chia made mistakes? Probably. But to fire a guy for making mistakes is childish [mod]. It's about who will give the team the best chance to win going forward, and Chia is a smart enough guy that he can learn from his mistakes and do better next time around.

Chiarelli and Julien are two of the best in the business, and I am becoming more and more convinced that this fanbase is utterly unworthy of them.

:shakehead

When I am paying $250 per ticket, as a fan, I EXPECT better. I'm not paying that much to watch management do nothing and watch this team **** their pants.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014

I am very proud of Chiarelli's comments. I am so happy that he stood his ground against the oppressive Jacobs and spoke the truth instead of resorting to the usual cliches. Not only did Chiarelli and Julien bring us a Stanley Cup, they brought their country a gold medal. Has Chia made mistakes? Probably. But to fire a guy for making mistakes is childish and backwards. It's about who will give the team the best chance to win going forward, and Chia is a smart enough guy that he can learn from his mistakes and do better next time around.

edit

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Sorry, but no one will pay that much for Sekera. A late first + meh prospect, definitely yes, more than that highly unlikely.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Chiarelli spoke yesterday:
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=37343

The latest injuries have caused even more speculation that perhaps a trade could be looming, but Chiarelli said on Sunday that he will continue to be patient, as he has been all season.

“There's a number of trades I could have made,” he said. “But as a manager, you look to what's for the betterment of the organization — short-term, medium-term and long-term — and you've got to weigh the balance. Probably every other manager could say that, too, but I'm not going to make a costly trade for the sake of making a trade.”

Chiarelli still expects the team, as it is currently constructed, to continue pushing for a playoff spot, but that being said, he does expect better performances than he saw over the last five games.

“We're expected to perform — as a team, as a coaching staff, as a management staff — and that's the reality of it,” he said. “So if we don't succeed — if we don't perform as the level that's expected to us — then as has been reported, there will be changes.

“I’m going to always work hard and try and improve the team, and we've got some good pieces, so hopefully we'll get better, and meet expectations.”

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Chiarelli can make all the trades he wants to get this team into the playoffs, but, these days, I have no faith in Julien's ability to take these players and use them to maximize their abilities. The Black Hawks win was an aberration until proven otherwise.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Means jack to me. :laugh:

Same as Joe's MVP and Bourque's Cup.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...s_notebook_embattled_chiarelli_enjoys_victory

With his team sinking and the widely held belief that his job security is tied to not just getting into the playoffs but making a long run, his position to make a good trade with one of his fellow GMs has been somewhat compromised. So be it, said Chiarelli.

“It’s part of the job and, in this world of social media, all the managers read everything, so it’s hard for me to do my job,” said Chiarelli. “But tough luck. That’s what it is. I’m going to try and make the team better. It’s my ninth year here, so . . . I’m going to try to make the team better all the time.”

Asked if he felt it was surprising to find himself in such apparent trouble after one bad year after he’d helped restore the team’s elite status, Chiarelli said it comes with the territory.

“We’re expected to perform, as a team, as a coaching staff, as a management staff. That’s the reality of it. If we don’t succeed at the level that’s expected of us then, as has been reported, there’ll be changes,” said Chiarelli. “I’m always going to work hard and try and improve the team. We’ve got some good pieces and hopefully we can get better and meet expectations.”

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for the read Gee Wally.
From all of what I read it sounds like Chia does have his head screwed on properly and it also seems like he will add to this team.
The question is what exactly and if I was able to read him properly, I believe it will be key small to medium size moves at best for now and then hope he can do the rest of he still has the job later on after the season end.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...s_notebook_embattled_chiarelli_enjoys_victory

With his team sinking and the widely held belief that his job security is tied to not just getting into the playoffs but making a long run, his position to make a good trade with one of his fellow GMs has been somewhat compromised. So be it, said Chiarelli.

“It’s part of the job and, in this world of social media, all the managers read everything, so it’s hard for me to do my job,†said Chiarelli. “But tough luck. That’s what it is. I’m going to try and make the team better. It’s my ninth year here, so . . . I’m going to try to make the team better all the time.â€

Asked if he felt it was surprising to find himself in such apparent trouble after one bad year after he’d helped restore the team’s elite status, Chiarelli said it comes with the territory.

“We’re expected to perform, as a team, as a coaching staff, as a management staff. That’s the reality of it. If we don’t succeed at the level that’s expected of us then, as has been reported, there’ll be changes,†said Chiarelli. “I’m always going to work hard and try and improve the team. We’ve got some good pieces and hopefully we can get better and meet expectations.â€

I've got the impression Chia didn't figure Cam would be going all Ulf on him. I have to think he is pretty shocked. The Red Sox management is getting extensions coming off a last place finish. He must be a combo hurt/pissed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would say Neely's Job is safe as president so why risk it...becoming gm ...love to see it tho

I don't believe this article. Who is the actual writer? Just says 4th period

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Chiarelli can make all the trades he wants to get this team into the playoffs, but, these days, I have no faith in Julien's ability to take these players and use them to maximize their abilities. The Black Hawks win was an aberration until proven otherwise.

Julien not the problem. Some of our core players have a "work ethic" problem and since Clode doesn't have any legitimate options to bench them without harming the team, it gives the results we're seeing lately. I have no problem to blame/fire a coach when needed but in this particular case, it's on: 1-the players, 2- the GM, 3- Claude. I'm not an expert but I've seen enough hockey to be able to determine when we have a country club/ fat cats problem instead of a coaching problem. I understand that some people are tired of Claude but the numbers are on his side.

David Krejci*

People saying that one bad year shouldn't be enough to constitute firing. It's not just one bad year. The reason this team is constructed as it is, is a result of bad decisions and roster choices that have snowballed over the last few years. All these bad contracts, all these bad drafts, these bad trades, this is all now coming back to bite them in the ass. It's not just one year. I don't care about the standings. It's about whether the team is set up to truly contend, and they aren't.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I've got the impression Chia didn't figure Cam would be going all Ulf on him. I have to think he is pretty shocked. The Red Sox management is getting extensions coming off a last place finish. He must be a combo hurt/pissed

Probably also knows 9 years is a lifetime and much of that has been spent working under Sea Bass who didn't hire him so now the noose has been fit his position has been compromised.

But the BUffalo Sabres and Vancouver Canucks don't like our organization and two of our main targets played for those teams he was in a tough position to begin with.

Hes probably just annoyed at himself for not going for a president/GM gig elsewhere a year or two ago when his stock was higher prior to the Segs and JB deals.

9 years is a long time it really wasn't recently that Peter Chiarelli arrived post Rask hijacking in Boston and dropped anchor with two all star free agents. And it wasn't recently that PC made good "winner" trades (Horty and Seids are two clear cut 'W's for PC.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad