Bruins management starting to panic over new seats at TD Garden

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Sabres beat writer went to a Celtics game last night and he did not mince words. The Boston media has not said a thing in weeks but the situation has NOT improved

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Honestly liked the Bobby Orr statue in it's previous location. The Garden plus the Zakim Bridge made for a phenomenal backdrop. Inside the Hub on Causeway it almost feels diminished.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Were Bruins fans really surprised by these changes? SOMEBODY had to be punished for the team losing Game 7 of the 2019 Stanley Cup Finals at home. It certainly wasn't gonna be the team. :whatever:

Reactions: Merrrlin

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I just can't believe that this flaw could leak through all the way to the finished product. How is it even possible that they overlook a fundamental aspect of the fan experience such as seating? Its mind boggling to me.

I have no interest to go to this venue, where I would feel like im paying to be the owner's cattle rather than a fan of the team.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins sent an update to STH's Friday afternoon

Seating Update as of 2/7/2020: A Message From TD Garden President Amy Latimer.

Dear TD Garden Guests:

As the Bruins and Celtics hit the mid-season point, we are excited about their performances thus far. All of us at TD Garden hope that you are enjoying the new spaces and amenities that were unveiled this fall as part of the arena’s Legendary Transformation.

One component of this transformation was the replacement of the 24-year-old seats in the arena. Through guest feedback, we recognized that there were some areas of concern regarding the new seats, specifically legroom and comfort. We were able to make immediate modifications to address some concerns, such as adjusting all loge seat back angles to improve legroom.

In the balcony, we found that the new plush cushioning, armrest design and overall ergonomics were contributing to discomfort.

Based on that, and the recommendations provided by seating consultants, we will be replacing balcony seats and armrests. The new seats, similar in size, will have a custom, narrower armrest and a non-padded seat base and seat back to improve legroom and comfort.

The work will take place this off season. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you this season. We have appreciated your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide fans the best experience possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Amy Latimer
President, TD Garden

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah those seats look terrible. Team is lucky they are good. Otherwise, they would really be hurting business wise.

The Bruins got severe backlash from the Celtics and concert promoters.

We live in a world today that people are content to stay at home unless there is a compelling reason to go out to a venue.

To give an example - I just watched 'The Lion King' 2019 remake on Disney + on my 4K TV and it was stunning. People today are willing to invest in a high-end TV experience at home and then stay home. This is why food home delivery has become a huge business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad