Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Pens

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So much this. When Lucic and Horton are active on the forecheck and banging bodies, they're highly effective. However, they never play this way and that is why they have looked horrible all season long. It is horribly frustrating when you know how good they can be, yet watch this uninspired floating all season long.

Why does Lucic always take the brunt...Nobody forecheck worth a damn today.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
This team just doesn't match up well against Pitt for whatever reason.

I don't know, the first game you guys had control for a good bit and then the pens came back. This one was close. I think a 7 game series would flip back and forth 2-3 times.

There's a decent match up here.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
This team looks just the same as last year...not enough offense.

Nope, not from LKH, or the 3rd line.

Not sure what Chia's waiting for. Tie game w/o that horrid 2nd goal, but yeah, we're back to trying to win games against good teams 1-0.

Not good enough. They were spent, but so were the pens. When you're spent, and slow? One line had decent chances, b/c they're quick and harder to bottle up.

DK looks like he's out. Move Seguin to center, and now you're on the market for 2 wings and a D-man.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
5 Minutes left in the game. We see The Lucic line for about a minute, the Bergy line for even less, and a conglomeration of the 3/4 lines the rest of the time. Makes sense.

This and the fact that the Bergeron line was the last rotation in the third period. Not sure what the gameplay was there...

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
Krecji the playmaker there in front of the net screening the goalie, where is Lucic or Horton? playing somewhere on the perimeter ...

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin

I said Lucic AND Horton. Also, Lucic made his name by being a freight train, destroying people, taking the turnovers he causes and scoring off of them. Well if he's not causing the other team to make mistakes that turn into scoring chances for us, he's pretty damn useless.

I like his skillset, but the guy needs to use it more.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
They held Pittsburgh to there lowest shot total of the season (32-18 in favor of b's) and outplayed them for the most part....as they did in the 1st period of the 1st game until fatigue set in

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
They've won 9 in a row without malkin and Boston's only goal came when letang was on the ice.

Doesn't change the fact that Letang is the best Dman on the team/Norris candidate. The more time he is off the ice the better it is for us.

Im not sure how much of him you have seen this season, but he looks like a different player to me. Bigger, stronger, and more defensively responsible.

Meh..

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Lucic and Horton got their one great game in yesterday.

Time for them to float for another 3-4 games.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
When Lucic actually fore checked he was unstoppable. Too bad he floated for 90 percent of the game

Agree 100%; you'd think after the success of yesterday it would be a wake up call but he and Horton went back to sleep.

If PC can find a taker for Horton I say move him. He shows up every 6 games or so on the score sheet and hasn't yet shown why he was duped Nasty Nate.

But that was a really disappointing game to watch.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Nope, not from LKH, or the 3rd line.

Not sure what Chia's waiting for. Tie game w/o that horrid 2nd goal, but yeah, we're back to trying to win games against good teams 1-0.

Not good enough. They were spent, but so were the pens. When you're spent, and slow? One line had decent chances, b/c they're quick and harder to bottle up.

DK looks like he's out. Move Seguin to center, and now you're on the market for 2 wings and a D-man.

I thought the same thing...we did it to them up 2-0 last game too. Team looks like they want ties or something...strange...they sit in that 1-2-2 stationary the whole game it seems now...

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Always.

Misdirected anger from people who gave up milk money, or had it shaken out of pockets while held up by ankles.

Done trying to figure it out.

People saw Crosby today. Anyone notice anything different a/b his speed through the neutral zone vs our centers?

DuGH...YaEh...LuCic sUcJks maNy..ManY much... dUhhhh....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It doesn't really matter if Pit has a couple guys out. They still have Sid and Neal, and have a ridiculous amount of excellent point scorers. Pens are a great offensive team that we have shut down pretty well the past two games, but can't manage to score much against.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
They've won 9 in a row without malkin and Boston's only goal came when letang was on the ice.

That tells you that Chia has some work to do.

Pittsburgh is the better team as well as Montreal in the east.

Wait until Malkin comes back and if Pittsburgh makes a few moves they may be unstoppable.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't know, the first game you guys had control for a good bit and then the pens came back. This one was close. I think a 7 game series would flip back and forth 2-3 times.

There's a decent match up here.

Boston is something like 3-10 against you guys in the past few years. I know regular season records mean nothing come playoffs, but I wouldn't want to play Pitt in a 7 game series with the way this team in currently constructed. Especially considering Malkin will be coming back.

Tim O'Reilly

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ont.
Visit site
Much better effort. That's 2 in a rowed that were solid. We played better than the other night vs the Pens. Hope David K is ok. If we get our PP improve (aka Streit for NYI) we can beat them in the playoffs. Let's hope we don't lose another center or we might have to contact Ken Linseman for some help.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. Go have yee a beer and give a good cheer!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well, at least the B's are done with the Pens in Pittsburgh...til the play-offs.

till next month here

Well, Chris Drury is only 35 or 36 and could probably still play center- maybe we could do the popular HF Bruins 2010 Trade Deadline deal and swap Marchand and our first to the Rangers for his rights- bet the Rangers would it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad