Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Pens

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
God dammit. They better make a trade soon. I can't watch this much longer. No confidence in anything other than the Bergeron line to score on a consistent basis.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
We can't even handle a Letang/Malkin less Pens team.

Chia has to do something pretty soon, especially with the Krejci injury if it's serious.

Yup.

It may be time to axe Caron as well. He just doesn't have the NHL speed. Id trade him now while he still has some value.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Well, at least the B's are done with the Pens in Pittsburgh...til the play-offs.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
If Krejci can't go against Winnipeg, then it's clear that Peverley will center the top line. Could be interesting. It would not surprise me if Campbell centers the third line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
wonder if Spooner gets pulled from lineup- game starts at 3:05

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the B's played like they did in the 3rd they might have actually won. They didn't check at all and when you face against a fast team, you have to. Anyways, I hope Krejci is ok and that it's not a long term injury.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Ill guess shattered kneecap on that one.
Hhe had the knee bent and that means the pad slid below the knee.

And tuukka gets outplayed again in a big game.
Other than that it was an even game.

Vokoun just made the key saves unlike took

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Team just doesn't know how to break out of their own zone with any fluidity. Just messy breakouts leading to slow entry. Our skaters never have a jump on their defensemen on the forecheck. Team also doesn't gain the zone with speed with possession.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Doesn't look good the way Krecji left the ice.

Hopefully it is not as bad as it looked; if so, we have to hope that Soderberg is the 2nd coming of Henrik Zetterberg.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Disgusting.

Chiarelli has lots of moves to make. Ference and Boychuk have to go. And we need an entire 3rd line.

You seem to be crying about Chiarelli a lot today.

Please, do tell me what moves he should make instead of just crying about him? I'd love to see these wonderful trades that you have in mind.

Not many teams have made major moves so far. The Bruins don't have the same prospects to trade that other teams will as well.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
When Lucic actually fore checked he was unstoppable. Too bad he floated for 90 percent of the game

So much this. When Lucic and Horton are active on the forecheck and banging bodies, they're highly effective. However, they never play this way and that is why they have looked horrible all season long. It is horribly frustrating when you know how good they can be, yet watch this uninspired floating all season long.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Team just doesn't know how to break out of their own zone with any fluidity. Just messy breakouts leading to slow entry. Our skaters never have a jump on their defensemen on the forecheck. Team also doesn't gain the zone with speed with possession.

Agreed...everything is perimeter too, and they get in the zone and seem to just want to get a faceoff...dump it to the goalie...

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Anyone else hear Rask (I think) losing his mind when he finally got to the bench?

Definitely thought I caught a "...**** SAKES!" there when he was going in the door. Can't blame him. That was a little ridiculous. Wouldn't have needed to get he extra attacker if he done what he was supposed to against Vitale, but that's another can of worms...

Disgusting.

Chiarelli has lots of moves to make. Ference and Boychuk have to go. And we need an entire 3rd line.

And officially done with your Chicken Little ********. Every Goddamned game. *Click*

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
5 Minutes left in the game. We see The Lucic line for about a minute, the Bergy line for even less, and a conglomeration of the 3/4 lines the rest of the time. Makes sense.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Whatever reason?

They are a deep physical team that works hard and can skate. That's a pretty clear reason to me.

And they also have an awful defense and two mediocre goalies that Boston can't exploit. That was my point. They've usually done a pretty good job containing Pitts offense in the past. The fact that they've scored 3 goals in two game against them this year, none of which came after the 1st period, is cause for concern.

Flashspec

Jan 7, 2009
Toronto, ON
I saw some parts of the game, so maybe I'm wrong in my assessment here, but why don't the Bs play the Penguins physically? Whenever I see the Flyers play the Penguins, they seem to get in their face, and it throws them off. Bruins have the personnel for that sort of game but I didn't see it too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad