Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose but not from lack of effort

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Too bad. The first period was indeed meh. The Bruins had 20 shots on goal and dominated the second. Stanton closing his hand on the puck in the crease was blantant; had a perfect view of it in real time. The B's also carried the play in the third.

Early in the third, I was thinking this looks like one if those classic "dominate offensively and lose on a freaky goal" games and damned if that's not exactly how it turned out.

Frustrating but I'm not blaming anyone's moral fiber for it.

That Stanton thing was ridiculous. I was waiting for the BS chant.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If a player covers puck with hand you then drive stick down as hard as you can on it.Teach him a lesson.Bruins last nite showed same problem they had since last year.No goal scorers. Chiarelli needs to keep the picks he has and start the retooling now.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
That Stanton thing was ridiculous. I was waiting for the BS chant.

I don't know if it was apparent on TV but all the fans needed was torches and pitchforks to look like a castle-storming mob.

Lack was leaving rebounds all over the place. They all seemed to bounce over sticks or land too far away from Bruins who were too close to the net. The guy had the proverbial horseshoe up his patootie. It was frustrating as hell to watch; I can only imagine how it felt to be on the ice.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I like the effort. Two really good games in a row in my opinion. The difference was the game against Chicago they buried their chances and last night they didn't.

At least Florida only got a point, and Flyers lost.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Too bad. The first period was indeed meh. The Bruins had 20 shots on goal and dominated the second. Stanton closing his hand on the puck in the crease was blantant; had a perfect view of it in real time. The B's also carried the play in the third.

Early in the third, I was thinking this looks like one if those classic "dominate offensively and lose on a freaky goal" games and damned if that's not exactly how it turned out.

Frustrating but I'm not blaming anyone's moral fiber for it.

Well, you must have really enjoyed those games that the NHL teams played the Soviet teams. The NHL teams would always outshoot the Soviet teams by a large margin and lose anyways. Shots on goals and 'dominating' one period is not important. Winning the game or even getting a loser point is what counts for the playoff race.

alex9337

Feb 25, 2015
I have been a Bruin fan since the 1966 season and I have never been more frustrated with this team than I am now. The players talk about taking positives from a 2-1 loss on home ice to a back up goalie makes me want to puke.

Complete lack of effort in crashing the net, Rask has to get up off his damn knees and how many damn shots did they take that did not even hit the net. Should implement team fines for taking a shot from inside the red dot that does not hit the net. Pathetic.... :rant:

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks were missing their starting goalie Ryan Miller..and three YES THREE top4 dmen

Edler, Tanev, Bieksa.

Also missing their no.2 center - Bonino

No excuse to not win this game. I had 60 bucks on the bruins >.<

*edit...burrows and corrado were out too.....wth

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree with previous posters on the missed shots, as well as the injuries the Canucks were playing through.

Insult to injury in all this, we finish the season 0-6 against the Habs and Canucks, with the obvious 0-3 at home. Sure, there's been a lot of turnover for both Vancouver and Boston since 2011, but outside of the psychological problems that are plaguing this team, it boggles the mind how they can't ratchet it up a notch against their (formerly bitter, I guess) rivals.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
If a player covers puck with hand you then drive stick down as hard as you can on it.Teach him a lesson.Bruins last nite showed same problem they had since last year.No goal scorers. Chiarelli needs to keep the picks he has and start the retooling now.

Based on the way the Bs handle (or don't handle, as it were) shootouts, I was glad a penalty shot wasn't called, with this team I always would prefer penalty over penalty shot, and even then, with the way their PP can be (i.e. vs. Dallas), sometimes that's not even a good thing to go on the PP (even though it should be and is for most teams) and if they tried to "teach them a lesson" by doing what you suggested then the Bs would be called for the penalty and VAN goes on the PP, not saying it's right, just the way it is (e.g. Hansen dive).

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Claude Julien and his outmoded system hockey is indeed the problem. CJ always picks his final roster with a nod to politics. Paille-Campbell-Gagne was a CJ-created problem and there was no end in sight until real life intervened. New blood-new coach-new direction. That's the ticket to the future.

Outmoded system provide the team a lot points in the standing in the past couple of years and a SC...

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I have been a Bruin fan since the 1966 season and I have never been more frustrated with this team than I am now. The players talk about taking positives from a 2-1 loss on home ice to a back up goalie makes me want to puke.

Complete lack of effort in crashing the net, Rask has to get up off his damn knees and how many damn shots did they take that did not even hit the net. Should implement team fines for taking a shot from inside the red dot that does not hit the net. Pathetic.... :rant:

They were crashing the net all game. I don't know what you were watching, sorry. Sometimes, as much as it sucks, you don't get the bounces.

And of course they have to take positives - what do you want them to do, take negatives? How does that help?

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Oh, so you mean like when CHI won the Cup, and then they traded a bunch of guys, only to win the Cup again two years later?

Oh...wait :sarcasm:

The Cap is stagnant, the B's have holes that need to be addressed, and hard decisions need to be made. The "selling process" as you call it is a necessary evil. Do you really think it would be smarter to throw away picks and/or prospects (the future) on a team that has been maddeningly inconsistent all year, only to have them bow out in the first round?

I don't.

Also, with the way that some of the vets have been playing, I think that the B's could get rid of Paille, Campbell, Sides, Loui at the deadline and roll with PRO guys or pieces they get in the trades and have just as good a shot at the playoffs. They were losing with Krejci in the lineup, and yet with him out, the team has turned in two of it's more energetic performances all month.

If you sell, and are smart about it, there is no reason the team will not be more ready to compete next year than this one is now.

-------------
Your reference was made toward Chicago reorganisation. Selling involves much more, especially if it touches the core. Hope you see the difference.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Tired of hearing excuses.

Close is not good enough.

Results are what matter.

This team is going Nowhere Fast!

Trade someone. Fire someone. Deal someone.
If Chia can't do it, find someone with the balls to do it!!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Tired of hearing excuses.

Close is not good enough.

Results are what matter.

This team is going Nowhere Fast!

Trade someone. Fire someone. Deal someone.
If Chia can't do it, find someone with the balls to do it!!

Can't disagree with this at all.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
But... But... When you come back from a long road trip like that, you know it’s going to be tough your first game back. I thought our guys handled it well by dominating this game, putting a lot of opportunities on net, but just couldn’t seem to find the back of the net tonight.

tumblr_n5labtsDjG1skgd7ao1_500.gif

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
But... But... When you come back from a long road trip like that, you know it’s going to be tough your first game back. I thought our guys handled it well by dominating this game, putting a lot of opportunities on net, but just couldn’t seem to find the back of the net tonight.

tumblr_n5labtsDjG1skgd7ao1_500.gif

He is 100 percent right. It is a proven fact that the first game after a long road trip is tough and I thought the bruins handled it well.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Crawford is 2nd in the league in terms of quality starts %. Eddie Lack is one of the worst in the league. Math says Crawford just had a terrible game and that the B's offense sucks.

My comment was a joke it wasn't serious but of course I consider the Lack -buffalo comments a joke as well. I didn't see the game last night but I can tell you Lack had two great games before it. Every goalie gets hot not just the great ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad