Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose but not from lack of effort

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The eighth-place Bruins remain in a dogfight to make the playoffs. It most likely will stay this way until April. But they’ll be in good shape if they play like they did against the Canucks. In the long run, high numbers of chances usually make bad luck irrelevant. -Fluto

As much as I want to believe this message so much, this just doesn't hold any bearing with the Bruins for some reason.

that's exactly how I saw it but the sun always shines in my world and I just started following this team

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I must not be as patient as I used to be with the Bruins. I watched the first period from the gym. Watched the Bruins score the first goal in the first few minutes and then watched the Nucks immediately tie it up. The rest of the period was meh, so I went home and gave up on watching the rest of the game. Effort is overrated when you need goals leading to points.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen the bottom line here is that we lost the game in a race for the final playoff spot. This is not the time for excuses just win we are not in november any more.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I generally don't subscribe to the idea that the team is sandbagging and content with 8th place after what happened last year in 1st, but I do believe that Chara has been instructed to take it easy until the post season.

Z doesn't have the energy bars left to waste. I think we won't see Chara put it on the line, until it is time to put it on the line.

I don't think he's been told to take it easy. I think he just can't go full tilt, that knee simply isn't 100%.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
What is the Bruins record when they score first? Seems like they lose more than they win.

That being said, i'm really liking what I see from Ferlin. The guy looks good, he's skating well and making smart plays.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
41 shots or whatever but still my biggest issue with this team when it comes to the offensive zone is an absolute allergy to making life difficult for the opposing goalies. The ONLY bloody player who willingly plants his arse RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GOALIE not off to the side is Loui............you know, the guy who has taken a pretty solid interwebz beating here

Gallagher proves you don`t need to be 6`5 to cause issues......too many softies looking for the tip rather than cause fits for goalies

They won't crash the net either, never mind parking their ***** in front of it :shakehead

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What is the Bruins record when they score first? Seems like they lose more than they win.

That being said, i'm really liking what I see from Ferlin. The guy looks good, he's skating well and making smart plays.

IIRC NBC had a graphic Sunday about that- IIRC it said the Bruins were 20-2-1 when they score first???

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
Fung%20Wah-1546119.jpg

The coup de grace for me was seeing Julien putting Daniel Paille on the ice with three minutes left. Apparantly Claude thought that the blind squirrel was on a roll. News Flash to Julian, Paille isn't due to score another goal until the middle of April.

And Chara as the 6th attacker when Rask was pulled? Chara looks about as agile as a Feng Wah bus minus the flames. Anybody got a fork? Because Chara and Seidenberg are cooked and this team is done.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
All the more idiotic why you trade Boychuk in the first place. Stupid.

I admit I'm prejudiced because I love JB#55 so much as a player but this is the truth.

You had Seidenburg coming off an ACL tear- what in God's name made Chiarelli think he would be 100% coming off an injury like that? It usually takes a full season before a player is truly healed and in top playing form after suffering that kind of injury.

It wasn't just losing #55 as the #3 defenseman. It was losing #55 as a temporary replacement if Seidenburg wasn't 100% or if Chara got hurt, both of which came to pass at the same time.

Unless Chiarelli really improves the defense this summer the ramifications of the Boychuk trade will be felt for a long time to come.

God I hate that trade :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Seeing Chara in a forward role with 2 minutes left had me cringing. The guy moves like an 80 year old.

Speaking on behalf of males over the age of 50, that's probably an insult to anyone who IS 80 years old.:D I probably moved better than that right after my knee surgery.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Even when they were winning this year, they topped out around 2 per game, so scoring only 1 isn't a big shock to me. They're offensively inept. Devoid of any real finish. It's what Chia and Claude covet, and it's why this team stinks on ice.

09-10 all over again (Offensively).

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Claude is not the problem. He can only do so much with the players Chiarelli provides him.

Claude Julien and his outmoded system hockey is indeed the problem. CJ always picks his final roster with a nod to politics. Paille-Campbell-Gagne was a CJ-created problem and there was no end in sight until real life intervened. New blood-new coach-new direction. That's the ticket to the future.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Claude Julien and his outmoded system hockey is indeed the problem. CJ always picks his final roster with a nod to politics. Paille-Campbell-Gagne was a CJ-created problem and there was no end in sight until real life intervened. New blood-new coach-new direction. That's the ticket to the future.

2 rookies on the first line,2 second year players on the second and third lines,another rookie on the 4th line and 2 aging and injury effected defensemen might have something to do with it.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
2 rookies on the first line,2 second year players on the second and third lines,another rookie on the 4th line and 2 aging and injury effected defensemen might have something to do with it.

So that explains all the continual up-and-down board work, game in and game out. The crowd loves watching Pastrnak muck it up along the boards, and how about that terrific backchecking with a nod from Claude.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I must not be as patient as I used to be with the Bruins. I watched the first period from the gym. Watched the Bruins score the first goal in the first few minutes and then watched the Nucks immediately tie it up. The rest of the period was meh, so I went home and gave up on watching the rest of the game. Effort is overrated when you need goals leading to points.

Too bad. The first period was indeed meh. The Bruins had 20 shots on goal and dominated the second. Stanton closing his hand on the puck in the crease was blantant; had a perfect view of it in real time. The B's also carried the play in the third.

Early in the third, I was thinking this looks like one if those classic "dominate offensively and lose on a freaky goal" games and damned if that's not exactly how it turned out.

Frustrating but I'm not blaming anyone's moral fiber for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad