Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Saturday HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Should be a good tilt with both teams having multiple regulars out.

Gonna come down to the goaltending, which isnt great considering it's our only real weak spot this year so far but Anderson has shown signs the last two games of putting it together.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
You don't want him getting those type of minutes.
With this team I think the best approach is to let them worry about who Bergeron should cover. Take the offensive approach to the match up.

Maybe just on the D zone draws. GOAT with his newfound skating stride....imagine just a touch of a mean streak now? Unimaginable a year ago but hey the kid improved his game when nobody thought he could. Could happen....

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe just on the D zone draws. GOAT with his newfound skating stride....imagine just a touch of a mean streak now? Unimaginable a year ago but hey the kid improved his game when nobody thought he could. Could happen....
I'm with you there but I don't think he has a mean streak in him.
Would be great if he did.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
That's just on the pp I think. Some seem to think he's taking line 2, but I think this tweet is referring to the PP
Yes. It states, "joining #1 PP unit."

Kerfoot is taking JT's spot on 5v5. Can't put Nylander as a C because his metrics with Matthews are really good, doesn't make sense to separate that duo.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Boston has given up 14 goals in 7 games. Half the amount we have in 8 games. I would just like to score 14 goals on them to fix that :)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I got use to the Leafs playing every other night. I can't deal with 3 days between games. :)

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Not surprising, gotta be careful on the PK. Have to stay disciplined. Bruins last game vs. Tampa, the Bergy line was outclassed at 5v5, but they killed Tampa on the PP. All 3 accumulated for 7 points on 3 PP opportunities. 0 points at 5v5.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Perhaps he has a really slow and long fuse.

The face-off the other night he just steamrolled the opposition player.

What's Joel Otto doing these days? Toughness coach an 4th line C consultant / GOAT roommate. The Leafs pay very well.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Leafs lose 5-1
Marner always steps up when we lose a star player! Every time Matthews was out he rocked opponents.

This time he lost his star center and it all depends on d!(khead Babcock to put him with Matthews. Which won’t happen because you know, thats not how you spread out your offence.

Keefe please, he has the Marlies 4-0 and our prospects as a organization is ranked bottom 5th i think isn’t it? Anyways he just wins and adapts. I just hope he will like his new assistant coaches Dubas hired for him ha

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Two back to back sets next week after this one, crazy.

3 wins out of 5 would be great. (Saturday, Monday, Friday)

No reason why they can't win the second game of a back-to-back. People just assume that the Leafs will go winless in the second game of a back-to-back this season?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If he gets into line matching at home we are done.

Yes I know he'll line match the Bergeron line.

As he probably should. Matching the 4th lines, yeah sure. But if he wants Kerfoot or even Matthews out against him that's tactically his best option.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Marner always steps up when we lose a star player! Every time Matthews was out he rocked opponents.

This time he lost his star center and it all depends on d!(khead Babcock to put him with Matthews. Which won’t happen because you know, thats not how you spread out your offence.

Keefe please, he has the Marlies 4-0 and our prospects as a organization is ranked bottom 5th i think isn’t it? Anyways he just wins and adapts. I just hope he will like his new assistant coaches Dubas hired for him ha

Everything we want in a leader and a $10.893M AAV player right there.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Watched the bolts and Bruins last night it never ceases to amaze me the shear amount of things the Bruins get away with every damn game.

But I guess that's what happens when your teams owner is the chairman of the league. I really would like to understand how thats not considered a conflict of interest

Reactions: Cobra777

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No reason why they can't win the second game of a back-to-back. People just assume that the Leafs will go winless in the second game of a back-to-back this season?
I don't assume that will happen all season. Nor do I assume they will win every night, 3/5 isn't bad.
Tuesday in Boston against a rested Bruin team, doesn't seem like a win.
They could win in Montreal but I don't see it.

What do you predict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad