Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Saturday HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander's talents get wasted on the bumper spot, so it should be interesting what Mcfarland does.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
wow I am shocked nylander is getting a chance. I agree not the best spot for him but Marner is better at the same spot so what can you do. I doubt they change the way they plan the pp for just a couple of weeks so he will have to do it. Maybe Matthews and nylander switching might work better but then you lose Matthews slapper which has been quite good so far.

But great to see it I was sure babs was going to force kapanen or moore into that slot. Now just play it 1:30 minimum

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The lines aren't bad but it's funny Spezza is the 3rd line centre, when he couldn't get a regular spot before. Babcock makes 0 sense.
If he line matches which he will, Cassidy is going to eat us alive.

This was the kind of thing I imagine Dubas highlighted at the end of year evaluations. So continue to do what failed in the past ---> one would have to assume you are not interested in sticking around with your current employer. Anyone care to debate that?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don't think it will take long for Spezza to see the Marner line, me thinks. Expecting a big game from Mikheyev. He could be the real beneficiary of JT's injury.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Nylander should be in the middle, similar to where Point and Scheifele are on their PPs.

That gives Matthews a close option for a quick one timer(Nylander) if his shooting lane is taken up.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Need Andersen to be as good as Rask

Need defense to not be totally incompetent

If those 2 things happen, we win

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This was the kind of thing I imagine Dubas highlighted at the end of year evaluations. So continue to do what failed in the past ---> one would have to assume you are not interested in sticking around with your current employer. Anyone care to debate that?
Are you suggesting Dubas gave him an ultimatum?

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I was secretly hoping that spezza would slot into the 4c role, 3rd line unchanged, and goat would play with marner and Moore.

Goat and marner played well briefly when marner was on the 4th line. I think it could work.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Are you suggesting Dubas gave him an ultimatum?

I think it was made clear to Babcock that he needed to be more flexible with his game strategies and adapting/in game decision making.

Purely speculation but I think safe to say Dubas liked what he heard in that meeting. The playing not to lose line matching at home against our rivals who have proven they can beat us at that game --> I am saying that Babcock would know that he is on borrowed time if he doesn't make changes that management clearly would see as failed strategies. I would have to wonder how badly he would want to stay on board if he doesn't adapt. Taking it a step further one could argue that if it's not outright defiance then it is stubborn narcissism -- which is something perhaps he is not capable of changing. Defiance or character flaw in the end, does it matter? He would be shown the door and rightly so.

Reactions: ACC1224

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Hutchinson needs a win in one of those B2B's. Babcock had a short leash with the Enroth a few years back and I think he lobbies for Dubas to bring in a capable backup again that can carry the mail when Freddie needs a rest.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Have a feeling their PP is going to rip us apart in this one. You know Pastrnak is going to get at least one of those PP goals too

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I don't mind these lines. Itll be interesting to see. I saw somewhere that Soups Leads us in 5 vs 5 points. Guy has been good and has size. I think he should be in the top 6 ... if he continues to play this well.

Andy needs to have a really solid game and I think the Leafs have a good chance at a W. No dumb penalties... let the Bruins do that.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Rather Nylander at C as that center depth is pretty bad. Multiple players playing a slot too high
That’s of course what happens when a top 2 center is injured. The other centres move up a slot too high.

I think it’s better to keep Nylander on a wing with Matthews. No need to mess with the flow of every line due to one injury.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
How many injuries did Boston have last year especially on D?

Every one else do a little more. Battle a little harder for loose pucks. Babcock said they believe it's their time. Time to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad