Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Game 3 - 7pm - Series tied 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If nylander is back, have to assume Robertson is the odd man out?
Unfortunately, though I think it's not deserved necessarily as he's played decent. IMO Knies has been a bit of a weak link (besides Marner who has been downright awful, but he's obviously not going to get scratched) and him and Robertson should be rotated if anything. Don't mess with that fourth line.

Reactions: weems

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I think people are building Swayman up to be some kind of Superman. He's a guy with a .915 save percentage. Boston hasn't won any of the games against the Leafs this year because of Swayman, and they won't win tonight (whether because of Swayman or otherwise). As long as the Leafs continue to pressure Boston's defense, they will create turnovers and goals. It's like no one watched the Boston/Florida series last year, or the Carolina/Boston series the year before that. Boston's defense can't move the puck well under pressure. It's not a complicated strategy.

No goalie can be expected to stop this leaf teams offense only the leafs are capable of doing the to themselves

I predict a leaf blowout tonight

Reactions: Evilhomer

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Unfortunately, though I think it's not deserved necessarily as he's played decent. IMO Knies has been a bit of a weak link (besides Marner who has been downright awful, but he's obviously not going to get scratched) and him and Robertson should be rotated if anything. Don't mess with that fourth line.

I like Knies upside more longterm than Robertson but I think Nick has been playing better for awhile now and is more of a scoring threat which could be huge against a team that can be tough to score on.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
whos this Skiliter guy? honestly dont think ive heard of him

When there was the Canadian Division there were only a certain number of refs reffing the games. The leafs were 1-13 with him and 22-5 with any other ref at one point in the season.

I’m not sure of our record with him since that. But there clearly was a major bias in the past.

Reactions: OddyOh

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
For those wondering about Nylander, I imagine they won't let anyone know he is playing until the pre-game warmup.
Best to keep Boston in the dark about it.

Reactions: OddyOh

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How about two cell phones with minimum 200mbs download capacity. Bell and Rogers
2 dish antennas just be in the safe side. SpaceX dishes are a beauty

As for the game
We have won a game without Nylander and Marner playing
Happy to have Marner dressed tonight. Hope he can contribute tonight
Cell phones are somewhat throttled. Dishes can have a bad signal if it rains hard enough. I looked into a one of Elons dishes but was told my area is too dense and might have poor quality signal.
I run 1.5GB/Sec on Fiber and 100MB/sec on cable. I also have backup power for the routers and modems. Nothing yet for the rest of the place so I would be forced to a laptop if the power goes down. I have been considering a natural gas backup generator for the future but am starting to lean to a few battery solutions to keep me up for awhile if the power goes out. It looks like it would be a far cheaper solution. A large induction cook top, double wall ovens, washer/drier etc etc.....starts to add up from a load perspective.

Reactions: fahad203

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
All I ask, is that our Leafs don't beat themselves. I find most of our losses are self-inflicted through either effort, and/or attention to detail. The outcomes are in their own hands.
Agreed, 100%. Attention to detail and no soft goals and they can win the next 3.

Would a low stress 5 game series win be a nice change?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
All I ask, is that our Leafs don't beat themselves. I find most of our losses are self-inflicted through either effort, and/or attention to detail. The outcomes are in their own hands.

It usually starts with a dumb pinch/play or a PK goal against, then it unravels.

Reactions: ACC1224

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
At what point do we call them the 3rd line? Playing more than the Holmberg unit at the moment.
Holmberg hasnt done much. Wonder if he's the odd man out when MCMann comes back,

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
GL73hisXgAAsJFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad