Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Game 3 - 7pm - Series tied 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Our home record was quite frankly awful. I hope they figure it out because solving Swayman is also going to be a tough one.

Reactions: Tak7

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We definitely losing 1 of the games at home. Here's hoping we lose game 4 because my heart can't take being down 2-1 and then having to think we're gonna go down 3-1

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Our home record was quite frankly awful. I hope they figure it out because solving Swayman is also going to be a tough one.
I think people are building Swayman up to be some kind of Superman. He's a guy with a .915 save percentage. Boston hasn't won any of the games against the Leafs this year because of Swayman, and they won't win tonight (whether because of Swayman or otherwise). As long as the Leafs continue to pressure Boston's defense, they will create turnovers and goals. It's like no one watched the Boston/Florida series last year, or the Carolina/Boston series the year before that. Boston's defense can't move the puck well under pressure. It's not a complicated strategy.

Reactions: tom leafers and Pi

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Surprised there's no thread up yet.

Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 2024-04-24 | TSN

Hopefully Samsonov can continue his play from last game.
I wouldn't expect any lineup changes other than the hope that Nylander is back., that would be such a boost.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
The saying goes, "When you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything". Therefore, I'm guessing Nylander will not play tonight. It sure has been a mystery as to how/when the injury occurred in the first place, unless I have missed something.

Reactions: ACC1224

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think people are building Swayman up to be some kind of Superman. He's a guy with a .915 save percentage. Boston hasn't won any of the games against the Leafs this year because of Swayman, and they won't win tonight (whether because of Swayman or otherwise). As long as the Leafs continue to pressure Boston's defense, they will create turnovers and goals. It's like no one watched the Boston/Florida series last year, or the Carolina/Boston series the year before that. Boston's defense can't move the puck well under pressure. It's not a complicated strategy.

I will say that goaltenders putting up .960%+ (vs TOR) for awhile are bound to come back down to earth so maybe we're due to solve him. But he's been a beast against Toronto.

Reactions: TopCheeseShotta

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Home record is really poor, and they have history of getting this stupid stage fright thing in these moments at home.

An early goal will fire up that building though - feeling good about this, especially if Willy is back.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I have 2 internet providers and 2 TV over IP services set up for redundancy. 1 Cable and 1 Fiber. Zero chance I miss this one unless Jesus calls me home.

How about two cell phones with minimum 200mbs download capacity. Bell and Rogers
2 dish antennas just be in the safe side. SpaceX dishes are a beauty

As for the game
We have won a game without Nylander and Marner playing
Happy to have Marner dressed tonight. Hope he can contribute tonight

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
It would be very nice to have sustained momentum in this series.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
:laugh: So they grade your thread and won't post it if it isn't good enough? That's crazy.

I'm sure someone will come along and make one that will be good enough.
Some people take this forum a lot more seriously than they should (this is a bit hypocritical coming from me, but still.)

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
excited to see how this group responds to the win. It's one thing to see them step up in game 2 after a loss and come out with a full 60 minutes. Anything less of that would have been a major disappointment. But where this group tends to fail is their willingness to take their foot off the gas in moments exactly like this.

I do think this squad is built different than in years past. We no longer rely on skilled plays to get us into games. In fact, the start of game 1 and 2 almost looked like there wasn't even a puck on the ice at times. Which is a great way to will everyone into the game.

Energy and emotion will be very high tonight in SBA, so I really hope guys don't let that energy get the best of them and get reckless. I think that is my biggest worry. I don't doubt our boys will come ready to play anymore. This group has shown that they are prepared to physically dictate the series. That said, I do worry about their lack of discipline taking the air out of the building. We have to walk that tight rope of feeding off the energy of the crowd all while keeping our composure and not take stupid penalties or getting inpatient offensively. I really do think Boston's game plan is going to be about weathering the storm early, and waiting for us to make the mistakes we historically seem to find unavoidable.

Overall, I have been really happy with our performances in game 1 and 2. I know we didn't get the result in game 1, but it wasn't because we got punked and physically bullied like years past. We've shown up to the fight in both games ready to knock them in their teeth. As long as we continue to play with that passion, I can live with whatever results

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Yeah, Boston's goaltending is good but let's not over exaggerate this. He's a rookie in terms of GP in the playoffs.

Reactions: Evilhomer

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If nylander is back, have to assume Robertson is the odd man out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad