Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs | Friday @ 7pm - Gardiner Not @ Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Boston's forward group is pretty pitiful with Marchand, Backes, Spooner, Krejci, etc out. We should be favoured whether Matthews is in or not, gotta show up for both games

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
me too.
actually i wouldn't shed tears if we revamped our entire defense.

yeah it's pretty clear by now the mix we have isn't working. Right now I see Rielly and Zaitsev as two guys they seem committed to, but that's it...the rest is up in the air.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
yeah it's pretty clear by now the mix we have isn't working. Right now I see Rielly and Zaitsev as two guys they seem committed to, but that's it...the rest is up in the air.

I thought it was pretty clear before the puck dropped on opening night of the season that this would be the case, believing this group was bottom 1/3rd of the league. ;)

Presently only Arizona 68 goals against have surrendered more goals than the Leafs 60. So the Dcore and goaltending has been even worse than I thought/feared.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Just realised the Leafs are tied with a few others having played the most games thus far. Carolina has played 4 less. Weird schedule.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Just realised the Leafs are tied with a few others having played the most games thus far. Carolina has played 4 less. Weird schedule.
i also noticed that teams that usually play less games compared to other teams throughout the season usually miss the playoffs

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
These games will be tough if Matthews is sitting, but at the same time, if there's a chance he further aggravates whatever injury he has, I hope we sit him. After Saturday we have no games until Thursday, so that could be some good time for him to (hopefully) get fully healthy again.

I expect Gards and Andersen are fine, maintenance days are pretty common. If they're both fine, but Matthews is out, then getting 2 points in these 2 games would be a very solid result.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Carolina and Boston always play less games than other teams in the first half of the season. I wonder why.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Kind of off-topic, but I thought Komarov played great last night. Hope to see a more well-rounded game like that this weekend.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Carolina and Boston always play less games than other teams in the first half of the season. I wonder why.
this is why carolina hasn't made the playoffs in so long. they don't play as many games as the other teams, leaving them to feel pressured and eventually under preform. its the nhl's fault

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I thought it was pretty clear before the puck dropped on opening night of the season that this would be the case, believing this group was bottom 1/3rd of the league. ;)

Presently only Arizona 68 goals against have surrendered more goals than the Leafs 60. So the Dcore and goaltending has been even worse than I thought/feared.

It depends what you expected from Andersen. If you realized he's an average starter and will have his ups and downs like he did last season, then this isn't really unexpected. he'll end up somewhere in the .915-.920 range for the year.

I know some people are surprised at the performance of the defence, but I'm not one of them. had them rated somewhere in the bottom 10 bluelines before the year and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Boston's forward group is pretty pitiful with Marchand, Backes, Spooner, Krejci, etc out. We should be favoured whether Matthews is in or not, gotta show up for both games

I'd be a lot more comfortable if Matthews was in the lineup if he plays I would expect a win tomorrow, if he doesn't, they could still do it because Boston is beat up but it's A LOT tougher

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'd be a lot more comfortable if Matthews was in the lineup if he plays I would expect a win tomorrow, if he doesn't, they could still do it because Boston is beat up but it's A LOT tougher

1co2ll.jpg

url

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto is getting some help from Calgary so far tonight, so a win tomorrow would be HUGE start putting some distance between you and the teams behind you

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
they could have pulled to within 1 point of us now we can solidify our spot a little bit tomorrow
Yeah, we're not talking about Florida here. I don't feel comfortable writing off the team only 3 points back and one of the closest Atlantic teams to catching us at this point. Sure, Detroit might fall back but they haven't yet.

In the end hopefully we can get some wins out of these games. Flopping on the western road trip sucks, but winning the games within the division are key. It's a long year, but all the points matter. Get some wins against Boston and hopefully the team can keep working on the flaws they can fix.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Obviously all points are important, and games now matter just as much as games in March, but it does feel a bit early to be scoreboard watching. Still feels like there will be some teams that had hot starts that will hit the proverbial wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00