Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs | Friday @ 7pm - Gardiner Not @ Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
please sweep this Home at Home
(i'm curious why we're getting all the home/homes vs. Boston, not like Montreal or Ottawa).

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A back to back then off until next Thursday.

Taking away 3/4 points would be pretty huge.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
oh yah :(
thanks for reminding me of that horrible fact, Kiwi. :P

It feels better when you remember we won the last game without him Daisy but I wouldn't be surprised if there careful with him since after the b2b we get a 4 day break so he can get a decent break to get fit again ;)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Gardiner trade?,

seriously though I hope he isn't serious as much of a tire fire as he is we still desperately need him in the lineup

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It feels better when you remember we won the last game without him Daisy but I wouldn't be surprised if there careful with him since after the b2b we get a 4 day break so he can get a decent break to get fit again ;)

is this a natural break, or is this our bye week?
they'll probably rest him for both games. imo. i would i don't trust boston.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Imagine Borgman in the top 4.... that would be a trainwreck

They would probably slide Carrick up, I'm not sure that's much better honestly

We've played a ton of games early so I think it may just be a natural break

If Matthew's is fit I'd play him, but if he's even close to questionable I'd sit him and give him the days off to recover

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It doesn't even look like we have a bye week, but we have two 5 day breaks in January, I'm guessing one is the all star break.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
They would probably slide Carrick up, I'm not sure that's much better honestly

Giving Carrick more minutes is not an improvement on anything.

More than the four points this weekend, which I think are attainable, I'm really hoping for Nylander and Marner to break out of their funks. Nylander gets the fire in his eyes when he sees Pastrnak, and Marner played very well against Boston last year. If both of those guys get going, the rest of the team will fall into place. It's hard to be competitive when your offensively built team has weapons #2 and #3 cold as ice. We smoked Boston last year and they're having another rough go this year. These are big games against a divisional opponent, getting 3 or 4 points could have real playoff implications.

Reactions: Elephanto

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I just hope as many guys that can play healthy in the next games do so.

Tough games ahead here even if Boston hasn't been amazing so far this season. Just try to claw as many points out of this and then take the scheduling opportunity to rest up a bit.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Gardiner trade?,

seriously though I hope he isn't serious as much of a tire fire as he is we still desperately need him in the lineup
Leafs head coach Mike Babcock said after practice Andersen and Gardiner both had maintenance days, while Matthews remains day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
I expect 2 out of 3 in the lineup for Friday.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Keep Borgman-Carrick as a sheltered bottom pairing, Dermott would be a much better top-4 option for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad