GDT: Bruins - July 1st - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm curious to see where Matt Martin goes. Martin, like Backes, is just what the Bruins need. A few days ago, Sportsnet reported that the Bruins were interested...

While there is indeed a value to a physical player who hits, that value to me is outweighed by the fact that he plays against other 4th liners and is always outshot, outchanced and outscored. If the other team's 4th line is putting the puck in your net, it's not a good thing.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Likely will be 3rd C, float on RW PP perhaps. Will definitely be taking draws. Solid signing imo.
Spooner likely going to RW.
As for rumors.. Demers is still out there... RHD... a definite need.

Do you feel comfortable with Spooner on the wing?

Marchand Bergeron Spooner
Belesky Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Backes ??
?? Kelly (IMO) Hayes

If Vesey comes, that would address our top 9 while giving us flexibility on defense.

I still would prefer Shattenkirk over Demers...even if it means trading assets.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Some people are never happy regardless what we do, FA prices are high, we can't waste the prime of our best 3 players in bergy, marshy, and Rask. San Jose is an old team and look what they did, no one expected pits to even make the playoffs. Why not reserve the torches for when you actually see the on ice product? We need to add a dman but it's literally an hour into FA, chill.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'dd pass on Martin.

The way the team is structured, we have no need for him and paying him anything over $2mill on the 4th line is a mess.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Likely will be 3rd C, float on RW PP perhaps. Will definitely be taking draws. Solid signing imo.
Spooner likely going to RW.
As for rumors.. Demers is still out there... RHD... a definite need.

He was just interviewed on Nhl Network Radio and stated he will be playing 3rd line center and during different situations/crunch time he will go to right-wing but stated during negotiations he was told he would be the 3rd line center behind Bergy and Krejci.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Weise deal is 4 years 2.35 per for PHI

Again, not a bad $ amount but why sign anyone to 4 years to be a 4th liner (which is where he should be).

Damn I wish Bill Belichick would take an NHL front office job.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He was just interviewed on Nhl Network Radio and stated he will be playing 3rd line center and during different situations/crunch time he will go to right-wing but stated during negotiations he was told he would be the 3rd line center behind Bergy and Krejci.

Pack your bags Ryan.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Again, not a bad $ amount but why sign anyone to 4 years to be a 4th liner (which is where he should be).

Damn I wish Bill Belichick would take an NHL front office job.

Yup...that's one reason why Chicago has been so good...they bring their young guys up and play them in the bottom 6 until they are ready to take the next step. I like that strategy rather than tying up a 4th line spot for 4 years.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I'm not sold on Spooner being moved to RW. I think he might be traded, now that the 3rd line C is filled. Has anyone heard any murmurs either way?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Obviously Backes would have better on a shorter deal..but you almost certainly don't get him for 3/4 years.

Any GOOD businessman would tell you that you have to be prepared to walk away from a deal.

It's better to lose a 30+ UFA than to get him and regret it later on.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Jimmy Murphy tweeted some NHL exec told him he can see Boston moving Krejci for Shattenkirk now....

take that with a grain of salt..

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Jimmy Murphy tweeted some NHL exec told him he can see Boston moving Krejci for Shattenkirk now....

take that with a grain of salt..

Yeah, I mean, I could see that too. Whether there were any actual conversations of that is a different story.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
Do you feel comfortable with Spooner on the wing?

Marchand Bergeron Spooner
Belesky Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Backes ??
?? Kelly (IMO) Hayes

If Vesey comes, that would address our top 9 while giving us flexibility on defense.

I still would prefer Shattenkirk over Demers...even if it means trading assets.

i think we end up seeing someone from the ahl make the next jump to that 3RW (griffith?). or if we sign vesey swing vatrano over to 3RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad