Rumor: Bruins interested in Tyler Toffoli

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I'm fine with Zboril and a 2nd.

I'd prefer Toffoli as a back up if we can't get a better winger. I think he might do well on Krejci's wing but I also think he might suck and not make a difference.

He could suck, but his career production and underlying stats suggest he could be an excellent fit with a playmaker like Krejci. Right now, he is playing with lesser known rookie, Blake Lazotte at C.

Below you can see that when Toffoli is shooting, he is scoring...and he does most of his damage 5v5. Below that you can also see that his possession stats are phenomenal, so even when he isn't scoring, he is an impact player. However, his PDO has been dreadful as well, so in terms of puck luck, he is just not having an easy time right now. The Bruins are on a TEAR. The pucks are bouncing their way. It's a fun time to be alive in Boston...Toffoli could use a little bit of fun in his life.

The question is what would it take to pry him away from LAK? Picks, yes, but the Bruins need to send salary the other way.

upload_2019-11-5_13-44-26.png

upload_2019-11-5_13-44-33.png

Reactions: Lt Dan

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I was saying the kings have too many D bodies as is in the AHL

If your looking to pick up Zboril you would want him playing in the NHL. He is at the point where he needs NHL games. Not saying the Kings are looking at that or it would work for him, but any team interested in Zboril would probably want to start to get him games.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If your looking to pick up Zboril you would want him playing in the NHL. He is at the point where he needs NHL games. Not saying the Kings are looking at that or it would work for him, but any team interested in Zboril would probably want to start to get him games.

good to hear he is ready for NHL games. Ideally in this scenario LA moves Martinez elsewhere to make room then.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
good to hear he is ready for NHL games. Ideally in this scenario LA moves Martinez elsewhere to make room then.

Zboril has been the best Defenseman in Providence, outplaying Vaakanainan even.

He would look good in a Kings jersey. In the case Blake doesn't think he is ready, the Bruins could send John Moore when he is healthy.

As for Toffoli, the Bruins would need the Kings to retain some salary...

So this?

To LAK: 2020 2nd, 2020 5th, LD Jakob Zboril, LD John Moore
To BOS: Tyler Toffoli 50% retained

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Zboril has been the best Defenseman in Providence, outplaying Vaakanainan even.

He would look good in a Kings jersey. In the case Blake doesn't think he is ready, the Bruins could send John Moore when he is healthy.

As for Toffoli, the Bruins would need the Kings to retain some salary...

So this?

To LAK: 2020 2nd, 2020 5th, LD Jakob Zboril, LD John Moore
To BOS: Tyler Toffoli 50% retained
Very do-able
Well done

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
81108E7C-E1FC-4885-8A3B-A81BF448FF8B.png

Here is his ”terrible” 2018-19. Very underrated player and if put in a position to succeed would put up a solid amount of points while playing good defense.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
why are so many b's fans read to get rid of zboril? kid is finally starting to figure it out. i can only assume that cehlarik would be in this deal with a 2nd b prospect and a relatively high pick

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
And i as a Kings fan have interest in sending Toffoli to the Bruins, a 2nd, and mid level prospect?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
why are so many b's fans read to get rid of zboril? kid is finally starting to figure it out. i can only assume that cehlarik would be in this deal with a 2nd b prospect and a relatively high pick

I would rather not trade him. Id rather trade someone like Cehlarik. But i think there will be a decent cost since he has an extra year and the Bruins would need the Kings to retain.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Ideally, they move a lesser D prospect, but I doubt LA goes for anything less than Zboril, Vaakanainen or Lauzon. There is a logjam in the Bruins' D corps. Only one of those guys likely has a future in a Bruins' uniform and the others elsewhere. Krug is likely to resign as is Grzelcyk. It's Chara's vacant spot that these kids are waiting to open up.

Vaakanainen has played top-pairing minutes on the international stage and prior to his woes this year, looked poised to play next to McAvoy at some point. Lauzon looks like a solid two-way D and it would be a luxury to have him in the bottom pairing . Zboril also, looks like a really versatile two-way guy, maybe a bit more skilled than Lauzon, but he still has his brain farts.

It would hurt to see Zboril flourish in another jersey, but there are still questions about whether he can be called upon to play 20 mins a night. I don't really have those concerns with Vaak ore Lauzon depending on what you expect in terms of offense.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I would rather not trade him. Id rather trade someone like Cehlarik. But i think there will be a decent cost since he has an extra year and the Bruins would need the Kings to retain.

IF LA wants Cehlarik, all they need to do is what for the Bruins to waive him later this season and they can have him for free. The Bruins can no longer build a trade package around Cehlarik when he is no longer waiver eligible. I don't understand the last sentence in your post. Who has an extra year? Toffoli is 100% UFA at the end of the year. That being said, the bruins would still need LA to retain unless they were open to taking Backes back as a salary dump.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
IF LA wants Cehlarik, all they need to do is what for the Bruins to waive him later this season and they can have him for free. The Bruins can no longer build a trade package around Cehlarik when he is no longer waiver eligible. I don't understand the last sentence in your post. Who has an extra year? Toffoli is 100% UFA at the end of the year. That being said, the bruins would still need LA to retain unless they were open to taking Backes back as a salary dump.

Im an idiot, your right he only has this year left. My brain went to last year when there were rumors the Bruins were interested in Toffoli (and he had the extra year at that time).

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No idea why LA fans would want Zboril. He is a bust.

Rather have a 5th round pick.

LA should just wait and let TT score his 25 goals and trade him for the best offer.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
50% retained TT for a 2nd that becomes a 1st if he re-signs or BOS makes ECF.
Not a chance. Better guys will be available for a 1st later on. No reason to shoot the grand finale rockets on Arbor Day instead of July 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad