Rumor: Bruins interested in Tyler Toffoli

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
If you can extrapolate after 13 games, can I just cut out the first four and do the same while chalking it up to a dreadful team starting hot?

Toffoli responded well to sitting a game. If I felt he'd respond just as well to being awful for the past 100 games, I'd hope the Bruins acquire him.

Dudes averaged 21G 200+ shots a season the last five years and that’s with him missing 20 games one year

So I have a 400+ game sample size

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm fine with Zboril and a 2nd.

I'd prefer Toffoli as a back up if we can't get a better winger. I think he might do well on Krejci's wing but I also think he might suck and not make a difference.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Dudes averaged 21G 200+ shots a season the last five years and that’s with him missing 20 games one year

So I have a 400+ game sample size
Over the past 2 seasons Toffoli has identical stats to Danton Heinen. I know that TT once had 30 goals, but from everything I've seen he looks more like a 20 goal, 40-45 pt player than the 30 goal 55 pt player he was 4 seasons ago. If I'm the Bruins I would be reluctant to offer much for the soon to be UFA seeing as you have comparables on the team already.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'd be ok with either Zboril, Frederic or Vaakanainen (though I fully admit I dont know how highly regarded each player is in Boston) and a 2nd for Toffoli and a later pick.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
his value dropped significantly after last years production... not sure what he's worth

that was more a product of the garbage coach we had; as literally everyone improved this year

Toffoli's 7pts in 13gp is back on par with his usual 40pt production

but i wouldn't know why Boston is interested, they really don't need help scoring

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I'd be ok with either Zboril, Frederic or Vaakanainen (though I fully admit I dont know how highly regarded each player is in Boston) and a 2nd for Toffoli and a later pick.
The latter two are more highly regarded, if anything it would be one of them straight up but even that I wouldn't do. Everyone seems to be on board with Zboril + 2nd but honestly a 2nd straight up seems kind of fair to me. Maybe a small add but I'd rather not have it be Zboril. Wouldn't really be too upset if that ended up being the cost though.

that was more a product of the garbage coach we had; as literally everyone improved this year

Toffoli's 7pts in 13gp is back on par with his usual 40pt production

but i wouldn't know why Boston is interested, they really don't need help scoring
We could use a 2nd line RW to replace MoJo

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I wouldn't put too much into acquiring Toffoli. Right now he was a flash in the pan. He has similar numbers to every other winger we've tried on the second line. I wouldn't go any higher than Zboril and a 2nd. That's fair value, considering the risk each team is taking. Toffoli could pot 30 goals next to krejci. or he could pot 15. It's a gamble for each team and the only thing that will win or lose the trade is the players performance.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Zboril + 2nd seems very agreed upon.

Not sure where Zboril would play in a very crowded AHL d corpse but is very fair.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I believe the rumor last year was that the Kings were interested in Bruins prospect Jack Studnicka. Not sure if their interest in him is still high given that the Kings have a stockpile of center prospects in the pipeline.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I believe the rumor last year was that the Kings were interested in Bruins prospect Jack Studnicka. Not sure if their interest in him is still high given that the Kings have a stockpile of center prospects in the pipeline.
there was also a rumor about Kovalchuk to Boston at the deadline with LA retaining like 20%.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Jack Studnicka isn't going anywhere. He is being groomed as the future 1/2 centre for the Bruins. He is playing very well in Providence and will be a regular with the big club in 1-2 years.

If the Bruins were to ever trade Studnicka it would part of a package that would bring back a top flight centre. In other words, they aren't trading him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad