Rumor: Bruins interested in RFA F Ryan Strome

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Strome would be 4th on the 19-20 teams scoring chart. Ahead of EVERYONE not on the first line.

First, you act like Strome somehow doubled his point total overnight, magically becoming a better player. When everyone knows -- including the Rangers management -- that it was all Panarin.

Second, which one of Bergeron, Krejci and Coyle are you putting on the 4th line so you can play Ryan Strome above them?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
First, you act like Strome somehow doubled his point total overnight, magically becoming a better player. When everyone knows -- including the Rangers management -- that it was all Panarin.

Second, which one of Bergeron, Krejci and Coyle are you putting on the 4th line so you can play Ryan Strome above them?
Strome still doubled his point total playing with Panarin, meaning he can be a good complementary player to better players. We aren't asking him to be Panarin. We're asking him to complement other players.

Strome can also play wing. I'd rather a Strome in the system than an overpaid vet that we need to PAY first to move in a couple years.

Also, Bergeron/Krejci aren't lasting forever... wouldn't hurt to have another player able to play C in the NHL level in our system already.

Reactions: bernmeister

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Strome still doubled his point total playing with Panarin, meaning he can be a good complementary player to better players. We aren't asking him to be Panarin. We're asking him to complement other players.

Strome can also play wing. I'd rather a Strome in the system than an overpaid vet that we need to PAY first to move in a couple years.

Also, Bergeron/Krejci aren't lasting forever... wouldn't hurt to have another player able to play C in the NHL level in our system already.

It's not crazy but I just don't see where he fits in the lineup and I don't see how he's going to be worth whatever cap hit he's asking for.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
It's not crazy but I just don't see where he fits in the lineup and I don't see how he's going to be worth whatever cap hit he's asking for.
Depends on what his cap hit will be. Also would be a good stop gap until the Bruins figure out what the hell they doing post Bergeron-Krejci, which likely starts as early as the next season.

If his cap is reasonable, throw him on the wing this season, then the following year roll Bergeron/Coyle/Strome down the middle, unless one of our prospect step up.

Take advantage of this weird financial year, if we can lock him up to something reasonable on a 2-3 year deal, that's not outlandish.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Not saying Storme is the guy. But you can basically pencil in those two to miss a combined 40 games this year.

It’d be nice to have someone who’s played the position before on hand for those nights.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Everyone knows Strome was a product of Panarin but its not like hes a garbage player. He compliments good players well. People forget Panarin had a career year next to Strome as well
All Fast! >.<

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Is this guy really a Bruin type???Think he can score some ,but that team is pretty hard in all three zones up front

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Everyone knows Strome was a product of Panarin but its not like hes a garbage player. He compliments good players well. People forget Panarin had a career year next to Strome as well

I prefer to keep Strome. one of the few skilled guys that is willing to play a tough game when needed. players like that are important. not overpay but rather resign him than trade him for less than his value not Spooner lol

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
25E04A0E-AD28-4668-A5FE-251E726373B0.gif

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
why do the Bruins need another center ?
He can also play wing and Bergeron/Krejci 1-2 duo probably coming to an end after Krejci's contract runs out.

Bruins have also liked having centers as wings because they can swap in and out of draws if needed.

Depends on his price, but I wouldn't be against it, once we officially find out if we are out of the Hall sweepstakes.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

He scored 18 goals without Panarin his 1st full season here, and scored 17 goals 50 points for the Islanders earlier in his career. I agree. Strome gets hate for no reason. Yes he takes penalties but every good player takes bad penalties from time to time Kane, Landeskog, Matthews, Marner all have taken stupid offensive zone penalties at times. It happens. personally I hope they keep Strome 4 years and not much of a raise if he wants security. He would be stupid to leave Panarin who can get him another career year. He can play center and wing which is valuable. Imagine leaving and going on a team and then have a down year. He has a good thing here. I hope this gets done within reasonable contract. Years and term. No more than 4 years at 5.0 per is what I’d offer the most. 1.9 mil raise but he has security and is chemistry which I think matters and is underrated in hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad