Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, because having Hayes back in the lineup instead of Beleskey is really an upgrade:shakehead

Ugh! How close is Acciari and what was his injury exactly? I'd like to see an Acciari-Moore-Blidh line as our 4th and see how they do, leave Beleskey on IR and Hayes in the press box.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Veteran winger Matt Beleskey, hobbled in the final minute of the first period Saturday in Buffalo, met with team doctors Monday morning and learned that he will be sidelined for approximately six weeks with an injured right knee.

The Bruins issued a short boilerplate release following their 4-3 win over the Panthers Monday night that was scant in details. It did not state whether Beleskey injured cartilage or ligaments or both, and it also did not say whether the injury would require surgical repair.

“He’s seeing our doctors, as we speak,†said Bruins coach Claude Julien, said after the club’s morning workout at Warrior Ice Arena. “We’ll probably have a clear answer later on today.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...vHsM/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos4

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Vatrano skated under the protection of a non-contact red jersey as the Bruins prepared for tomorrow night’s match on the road against the Washington Capitals.

“Anytime a guy joins a team for practice, even with the red jersey and not contact and very light, it is a step in the right direction and that is the best way for him right now to get up to the pace of our game," said Bruins coach Claude Julien. "It’s going to take a while. When you've been out that long, the more time he can spend with us working on his game and finding his rhythm the better he is going to be.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...o_joins_bruins_for_first_practice_this_season

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Any more news on Frankie? Sounded like he was ahead of schedule, will it be this week? I really hope he can provide us with another scorer.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Any more news on Frankie? Sounded like he was ahead of schedule, will it be this week? I really hope he can provide us with another scorer.

Claude said he was close but that he wouldn't be on the road trip, so maybe Saturday?

BluesTraveler

May 25, 2016
Kevan Miller out with an upper-body injury, per Fluto.

Am I the only one who thinks teams should just stop bothering and say guys have "Body injuries"?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Have there been any updates on Liles?

Not that I'm aware of. He took part in the Bruins annual toy shopping event a little over a week ago, so I would presume he wasn't at Savard-level incapacity at that point in time. But no news isn't particularly good news; I imagine if he were skating, or even doing off-ice workouts, the Bruins would publish it...and AFAIK, they haven't said a word.

Given his concussion history, and the growing concern over concussions, they may be going really slow with JML. Or, given his concussion history, it could be that his chance of returning this season - or ever - are nil.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Not that I'm aware of. He took part in the Bruins annual toy shopping event a little over a week ago, so I would presume he wasn't at Savard-level incapacity at that point in time. But no news isn't particularly good news; I imagine if he were skating, or even doing off-ice workouts, the Bruins would publish it...and AFAIK, they haven't said a word.

Given his concussion history, and the growing concern over concussions, they may be going really slow with JML. Or, given his concussion history, it could be that his chance of returning this season - or ever - are nil.

Which is such a shame for him and unfortunately so many others who deal with it. Will hold out some hope that any news that does come out will be good. Get well soon JM.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bad news and that is an understatement. I still think that Backes' play has been affected by his procedure.

Even worse, I just saw a Fluto tweet that Hayes practiced on the top line.

He f****** better not be.

Hey lets play the s******* player on the top line, f****** idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad