Post-Game Talk: Bruins in Ottawa 7:00 pm on City TV (The Brad Marchand Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
He's sometimes like a bad boyfriend, treats you like crap then you get fed up, and right before you dump him, he does some awesome romantic gesture. And repeat.

That is a horrible analogy. That is more like Zibanejad then Michalek for sure. Plays lackidaisical and suddenly he is flying out there, dominating like Hoffman or EK and seemingly with their jets too, like in recent games.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We missed Michalek because we got Smith in the top 6. Instead Puempel or Prince should have been there.

To be fair, Milo has been solid the 2 games he's been back. I'm just waiting for his usual disappearing act to begin.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That is a horrible analogy. That is more like Zibanejad then Michalek for sure. Plays lackidaisical and suddenly he is flying out there, dominating like Hoffman or EK and seemingly with their jets too, like in recent games.

True^

MM coming back allows the lines to be setup more like they should be. MM can play a solid game on either wing in the middle 6. He can kill penalties and be useful on the PP.

Coincidentally removing Chiasson has been a plus as well. He could likely trade off with Neil but Neil brings more intangibles and IMO deserves to play ahead of him most of the time as well.

I have liked Prince's game the last couple, even though he is probably not suited to a 4th line role. He is adding a dash of offense to that 4th line. I am glad they left him in the lineup and did not try to force Chiasson over to that wing. The 4th line is better with Prince than it would be with Chiasson.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015
This. And people, who question why he has so little of #1 PP time. He is disaster on PP. He tries to be playmaker. All you have to do is shut the f''''' puck. I see why there is problems with new contract. He wants money as all around star player. But when he is not scoring, he is useless.
And this game shows again, that maybe its top#6 F we are needed most. D can hold their own if they want too.

Disaster on the PP? He leads the team in PP goals and when he was on the point with Karlsson before December 8th the PP was the best in hockey. I don't get this idea of Hoffman trying to be a playmaker either. The PP is set up for either him, Ryan, or EK to get shots, and he shoots quite a fair bit.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Did Ceci play with Methot? If so, how did he look?

Good. Honestly, having Methot with Ceci makes this team look like they have 2 decent lines on D. Also, Wier looks better too being on the 5/6th pairing.

If Claesson and Karlsson can stay playing well together, I'd keep Ceci and Methot together. Methot really stabilizes Ceci and it's good to give some experience to that line.

I'd keep Methot with Ceci; unless they start looking bad. So far that isn't the case. The D looked good last night from top to bottom (even with a few small mistakes).

*** edit *** Haha, apparently I may be the only one who thinks so! But I think the D has looked MUCH better with Methot and Ceci togehter and Claesson being up with Karlsson.

Last edited:

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I was at last nights game, the atmosphere was incredible and even more impressive was Karlsson. We are so lucky to have him wow. I have never seen someone dictate the play and the game everytime he's on the ice since Lindstrom. What a talent.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
For all the flack that Cole gets for screwing up names and being behind the play, he is still a legend at calling games.

Love his calls when Andy makes a big save. "Stopped..... by..... Anderson!!!"

member 248215

I was at the game last night and felt the Sens played a really strong game. They controlled the play for most of it and definitely had the most opportunities. Rask made some incredible saves, robbed Turris at least three times, Prince with two cross bars, McCormick robbed too, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. Hoffman was the only one who stood out as having a bad game: his shot kept getting blocked, his passes never connected, he'd steal the puck then lose it right back, just not much luck for him last night. Wiercioch I felt had a really strong game. Claesson made a couple of mistakes but overall I like him with Karlsson, mostly because it puts Methot with Ceci. Ideally, if we could put in Wideman for Borowiecki I think these pairings look pretty good. Andy also had a semi shutout because that one goal was flukey as hell.

One moment I thought was awesome last night was when some Bruins player barreled into Anderson, so Wiercioch basically barreled into him and pushed him through the net then into the boards, roughing him up a little. Andy appreciated it as he tapped on his legs after the whistle. It was a commercial break so they all went to the bench, and once there Andy tapped Wiercioch again twice and then they low fived each other. I also loved how Karlsson got mad about basically being pushed into Anderson by a cross check to the back. Good to know the guys will protect their goaltender.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
For all the flack that Cole gets for screwing up names and being behind the play, he is still a legend at calling games.

Love his calls when Andy makes a big save. "Stopped..... by..... Anderson!!!"

Agree. Sure he's a little senile and says Ottawa Sens, but I love it when he calls our games. Makes the game feel epic.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Agree. Sure he's a little senile and says Ottawa Sens, but I love it when he calls our games. Makes the game feel epic.

Cole is still the best in the business at that. By a wide margin. I love it when he calls the Sens.

Let stick up his ass Hughson call the Leaf games.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Cole is still the best in the business at that. By a wide margin. I love it when he calls the Sens.

Let stick up his ass Hughson call the Leaf games.

Hughson is horrible. His voice is so monotone and sleep inducing.

His favourite phrase "ooops" is really annoying as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad