Post-Game Talk: Bruins in Ottawa 7:00 pm on City TV (The Brad Marchand Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
To people who often criticize Cody Ceci and Milan Michalek: look at the difference they make.

Look at the difference between this team in the span of one week.

Milan is a top 6 forward. Cody is a top 4 D. Both are key two way players for this squad. I've seen so much nonsense around Michalek being "dead cap weight" and Ceci being a rushed and not belonging here or not a top 4 guy. Its so wrong and their ability to affect shots/chances against cannot be understated with great skating, size and good decision making.

Our two Mr. Second Halfs are coming to life in Wiercioch and Zibnaejad. Look out for these guys over the next 20 games and more.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It was beautiful... though the B's had a stretch of good puck control in the 3rd, the Sens really drove the play for most of the game. And the CBC crew called a good game. The refs let Krug play like a sumo wrestler, so there was even some injustice to rail at, if you're into that.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
To people who often criticize Cody Ceci and Milan Michalek: look at the difference they make.

Look at the difference between this team in the span of one week.

Milan is a top 6 forward. Cody is a top 4 D. Both are key two way players for this squad. I've seen so much nonsense around Michalek being "dead cap weight" and Ceci being a rushed and not belonging here or not a top 4 guy. Its so wrong and their ability to affect shots/chances against cannot be understated with great skating, size and good decision making.

Our two Mr. Second Halfs are coming to life in Wiercioch and Zibnaejad. Look out for these guys over the next 20 games and more.

I think ceci playing with methot has made a difference too. Not saying he's a bad player but having methot helps him out i think

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson is a monster, he is probably the third best Swedish player ever and he is gaining big time on no.2 (Forsberg)

1 being lidstrom? I would say forsberg is the most talented swede of all time. Better career lidstrom for sure though.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This was honestly one of the best games the Sens have played this season. Well deserved win. If it wasn't for Rask, the Sens would have been up by a couple of goals.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think this was probably the best passing game I've seen from Ottawa in a long, long time. Lots of good tape-to-tape passes, both short and long...catching guys perfectly on the rush so they don't break stride. Lots of strong skating and quick plays. Great puck movement.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
That line had a great game. Could have scored a couple. You could make an argument that they were our best line.

Neil literally saved a goal too... Considering it was an OT game that was a HUGE play. Among others he made. Prince was dangerous all night.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think this was probably the best passing game I've seen from Ottawa in a long, long time. Lots of good tape-to-tape passes, both short and long...catching guys perfectly on the rush so they don't break stride. Lots of strong skating and quick plays. Great puck movement.

This post is not applied to Mark Stone tonight

barabr10

UM ya that;s right
Jul 4, 2011
ottawa
Has anyone noticed that over the past 5 games the sens haven't been getting outshot like crazy and are actually out shooting teams, in my eyes they're slowly becoming stronger and will finish the season strong

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Has anyone noticed that over the past 5 games the sens haven't been getting outshot like crazy and are actually out shooting teams, in my eyes they're slowly becoming stronger and will finish the season strong

It's no surprise that we have way better puck management with Cowen out of the lineup. Claesson may have made a few mistakes, but for the most part he helps the transition and doesn't turn the puck over 80% of the time he tries to make a pass > 10 feet.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I read a lot of posts about Karlsson's increduble game.

Then I watch the three stars.

And he's none of them?

Makes you question why these stars are even used/given out.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I read a lot of posts about Karlsson's increduble game.

Then I watch the three stars.

And he's none of them?

Makes you question why these stars are even used/given out.

They named him All Galaxy for the game and thought mere stars were beneath him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
They named him All Galaxy for the game and thought mere stars were beneath him.

In 2017, the MONSTARS will steal Doughty, Toews, Crosby, Seguin and Kane ' s powers based on HF recommendation. Karlsson and the Looney Toons and Bill Murray will defeat them in tightly contested game to save all NHL players from being intergalactic slaves in a theme park.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
In 2017, the MONSTARS will steal Doughty, Toews, Crosby, Seguin and Kane ' s powers based on HF recommendation. Karlsson and the Looney Toons and Bill Murray will defeat them in tightly contested game to save all NHL players from being intergalactic slaves in a theme park.

I would watch that :)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is really amazing that Karlsson can play so many minutes. Was he on the ice for the entire length of the overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad