Management Bruins GM Don Sweeney addresses signings- All Sweeney Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’d like Sweeney to add a great second line center

A veteran shutdown D who’s exceptional on the PK

A solid second line forward who has shown he can play thru pain in the playoffs and elevate his game as well

A rugged all around D with a RH shot who can drop the gloves and be a top PK and end of periods guy

Sweeney can add 4 guys like that to a team that just outscored 2 teams 7-1 and could have been more
outscored two teams 7-1 and lost the two prior to that. over 82 games that's a .50o record, not bad i guess. like the coaches say, don't get too high with a win or too low with a loss. this team is good, but still not quite great. they needed a 2nd line wing all last year except for briefly when they had big Rick. now he's gone and they need to fill that spot still. None of the kids has stepped up to take it. It's fine, I won't lose sleep over it, but they have a surplus of prospects and need a winger. What's the big issue I'm missing here?

Reactions: zaYG

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
the guy they should have been in on is Mike Hoffman. He has been outstanding in Florida and was had for dirt cheap due to the recency of that whole situation with his girlfriend. But that kind of stuff always blows over and the Boston room is rock solid. He'd have been a great pickup. For once Don Godfather has a good point which is that a lot of goal scorers have been moved over the last couple years while the Bruins have had a hard time solidifying the 2nd line wing spot. Yes they traded for Rick Nash and had some bad luck but then they did nothing to replace him. The team is still good and it's not like it's a disaster that they haven't made a trade, but it is fair to ask them to be a little more proactive when teams in their division have improved.

Hoffman would be a nice pickup

Not sure how Panthers are so mediocre

Just kill the Bruins?+

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
outscored two teams 7-1 and lost the two prior to that. over 82 games that's a .50o record, not bad i guess. like the coaches say, don't get too high with a win or too low with a loss. this team is good, but still not quite great. they needed a 2nd line wing all last year except for briefly when they had big Rick. now he's gone and they need to fill that spot still. None of the kids has stepped up to take it. It's fine, I won't lose sleep over it, but they have a surplus of prospects and need a winger. What's the big issue I'm missing here?
Agreed. The team has some holes but what team doesn't this year? Tampa? That's about it. Pretty much every team this year look like pretenders to me. Would be nice to fill in the gaps but I don't really think there are many available players that are worth it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I watched the Penguins game and maybe I am missing something but the Bruins dominated their ass. The goalies were the story- one got first star the other stormed off the ice . Halak was so pissed at his performance it’s the only game he didn’t talk after the game. Sullivan said his goalie was the difference between a win and ugly.

The Buffalo game featured the most egregious nullified goal call I can remember. Bruins deserved going into third with lead and likely a win.

The last 7 games 5-2 with 7 eye ball test better teams and none really close.

I read a lot of these trade proposals and the only ones that make sense or are fair are mine when I reread to see if I used their or there correctly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney & Company have developed a top 5 pro roster & top 5 prospect pool

Oh wait? Da Flyers are loaded

Oh yah, I forgot I read last year Samuel Morin is a monster top 25 prospect and Grzelcyk is on team because daddy works at Garden

Bwhahahaha

Just one example

Kudos to me who drafted Morin in the SIM wstched him a few times wasn’t overly impressed with a few things I identified and swapped him to another HF owner before he figured out - letting him glom on to the HF mantra he’s awesome

Folks hate to tell you Donny Hockey is cleaning up

Sorry haters and fake Bruins fans who post here but many of us know you are rooting for failure

Reactions: Chief Nine

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Agreed. The team has some holes but what team doesn't this year? Tampa? That's about it. Pretty much every team this year look like pretenders to me. Would be nice to fill in the gaps but I don't really think there are many available players that are worth it.

not true

most teams have 2 capable and consistent scoring lines....some thing Bruins lack

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I watched the Penguins game and maybe I am missing something but the Bruins dominated their ass. The goalies were the story- one got first star the other stormed off the ice . Halak was so pissed at his performance it’s the only game he didn’t talk after the game. Sullivan said his goalie was the difference between a win and ugly.

The Buffalo game featured the most egregious nullified goal call I can remember. Bruins deserved going into third with lead and likely a win.

I read a lot of these trade proposals and the only ones that make sense or are fair are mine when I reread to see if I used their or there correctly
I love moral victories. hopefully they award the Cup based on the eye test this year.

7 better teams seems like pretty good odds but i'd prefer they trade for a winger and potentially have 0 better teams. I know you're in love with the kids, but even Dom has said they don't have room for all of them.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Ridiculously I never messed up 'their' and 'there' and 'they're' in my life until I was teaching my youngest about them last year and somehow started messing them up all the time now. It's driving me crazy as I flipped the switch from auto-pilot to manual and keep messing them up. I get dumber by the day.
As do any proposals I might put forward or think about - so I'm glad your's make sense.

And I think they've played fantastic lately. The last couple losses didn't bother me as you just know that if they play like that then the wins will start racking up. For a bunch of no-name players they sure seem to be getting the job done and playing some fun hockey.

Still think they could use some help up front, whether that's Rick Nash, Jeff Carter or someone else - I'd just like to see one more veteran forward that you can plug and play. Don't want them to try and knock it out of the park with some young kid or make a huge shake-up - just a solid reliable veteran.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

For all the bashing DS gets (some deserved) he has made some good moves to plug holes..Halak for one, Moore for another. I'm not convinced that the kid line will produce in the playoffs (hopefully wrong) when things get tough so stabilizing a strong middle 6 should be focus now.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
For all the bashing DS gets (some deserved) he has made some good moves to plug holes..Halak for one, Moore for another. I'm not convinced that the kid line will produce in the playoffs (hopefully wrong) when things get tough so stabilizing a strong middle 6 should be focus now.

Agreed. Awesome moves and I'm not afraid to say that I was unsure when he made them.

I believe we'll get the secondary scoring help we need.

The reason I believe that, is because we had arguably one of the thinner/weaker defense corps in the League just a few short years ago. Now we have an excellent D corp -- so much so that many around here are comfortable trading a guy like Grzelcyk in order to get that offensive help. That didn't happen by mistake.

It's not an end product and it's not perfect, but fair is fair. People whining about the job Sweeney is doing are off base.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

really hoping to see this blue line get healthy as I think we`ll see Moore`s offensive production go up. Right now, it appears like almost all his focus is on preventing goals which is completely understandable. Like what he`s done out there

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ridiculously I never messed up 'their' and 'there' and 'they're' in my life until I was teaching my youngest about them last year and somehow started messing them up all the time now. It's driving me crazy as I flipped the switch from auto-pilot to manual and keep messing them up. I get dumber by the day.
As do any proposals I might put forward or think about - so I'm glad your's make sense.

And I think they've played fantastic lately. The last couple losses didn't bother me as you just know that if they play like that then the wins will start racking up. For a bunch of no-name players they sure seem to be getting the job done and playing some fun hockey.

Still think they could use some help up front, whether that's Rick Nash, Jeff Carter or someone else - I'd just like to see one more veteran forward that you can plug and play. Don't want them to try and knock it out of the park with some young kid or make a huge shake-up - just a solid reliable veteran.
If they do something it will be obviously after 1/2 way mark in January

It won’t be a rental the player will have term after the year

The only two targets I’ve been told where I know the person telling me has access is Saad & Schenn

That shows they’ve targeted top 6 players who aren’t rentals

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
DKH stands for Don’t Know Hockey which is why I joined to get caught up

dKH Dissolved Carbonate Hardness

Degrees of carbonate hardness is a unit of water hardness, specifically for temporary or carbonate hardness. Carbonate hardness is a measure of the concentration of carbonates such as calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate per volume of water.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Great move bringing in Smith too, 4th line has looked much better knowing some competition is around as another poster alluded to earlier.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
DKH stands for Don’t Know Hockey which is why I joined to get caught up[/QUOTE

I'm going with Donny Knows Hockey.

That way when the Bruins win the Cup in 2020, people will look-at you as a prophet who saw this coming years in advance.:bow:

If they don't win the Cup in 2020, I'll go with your wish........ Don't Know Hockey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love moral victories. hopefully they award the Cup based on the eye test this year.

7 better teams seems like pretty good odds but i'd prefer they trade for a winger and potentially have 0 better teams. I know you're in love with the kids, but even Dom has said they don't have room for all of them.
They don’t have but no need to give away

I’ve had many discussions with Dom and my peeps that HF Bruins board grades very poorly (we settled on 80% so not all 20% of you passed) on valuing young players

That’s why you see experts here (snicker)

Propose

Pastrnak McAvoy Studnicka & Lindgren for Trouba

Or

Pastrnak Carlo future 1 (Vaakanainen pick) for Trouba

Incredible

And these are posters here that routinely talk down to those of us here who joined for fun like they invented the game and could GM a team to 82-0

Whatever floats your boat I guess

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If they do something it will be obviously after 1/2 way mark in January

It won’t be a rental the player will have term after the year

The only two targets I’ve been told where I know the person telling me has access is Saad & Schenn

That shows they’ve targeted top 6 players who aren’t rentals

That's nice to hear. Both are solid players.

Hoping for an affordable dependable second hand truck with winter tires and not to empty the account on a flashy but unreliable sports car.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
As far as rentals though, how about Eric Staal? I think he'd be a pretty good fit that they could possibly extend or get on a year-to-year contract.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going with Donny Knows Hockey.

That way when the Bruins win the Cup in 2020, people will look-at you as a prophet who saw this coming years in advance.:bow:
My biggest concern is not winning the Cup but hopefully they have it again on a Saturday and weather is good

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Wagner has been so much better in the past 6 games since he got on the line with Kuraly.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad