Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe you could find a less “arrogant” one then? :laugh:

Well, yeah, those Harvard guys, every last one of them thinks they are smarter than anyone else. I know, because I've met every one of them personally and gotten to know them. What a bunch of douches.

Reactions: Chief Nine

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I had this exact thought a long time ago. I remember on this site somewhere saying I think Sweeney is arrogant and doesn’t have a ton of friends in other gms around the league and the senyshyn pick was incredibly bold and reeked of “i’m smarter than everyone.” I said that I hope he is or I’ll never forgive him.

I can understand taking a player like Dylan strome and him not working out. He was universally pegged as a top 5 guy. But taking a player universally considered a mid 2nd round guy at 15 who doesn’t work out. That’s inexcusable.

Now if senyshyn worked Sweeney looks at everyone and says “see! I’m a genius! None of you believed in this pick and you’re all wrong and I’m right!!” But genius and town idiot is a very fine line. And with senyshyn one year away from officially being stamped bust, he should be making his way on the stage to get tomatoes thrown at him.
What a bunch of B. S.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think DeBrusk has a heck of a shot, but looking right now even he should have been picked behind Barzal Connor and Chabot

the draft is hard to predict, I think the Beleskey, Backes, Hayes acquisitions stink to the high heavens and ruined this cores chances. Mcquaid trade made them soft this year. This FO does more damage than good IMO
They were soft last year in the playoffs with McQuaid.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't know who's arrogant or not but I say get over it. This is a hockey-board not a, who said, she said, he did it Mommy /Daddy...What a joke.

There's a few guys on here who like to be the smartest guy in the room and break down every-post they read. I don't know if its their insecurity in the real world or if its just their pathological need to "win". Maybe its just to make themselves feel betters about themselves or to make them different in someones else's eyes.

Whatever it is unless its in good nature and adds some comic relief...Move On.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I had this exact thought a long time ago. I remember on this site somewhere saying I think Sweeney is arrogant and doesn’t have a ton of friends in other gms around the league and the senyshyn pick was incredibly bold and reeked of “i’m smarter than everyone.” I said that I hope he is or I’ll never forgive him.

I can understand taking a player like Dylan strome and him not working out. He was universally pegged as a top 5 guy. But taking a player universally considered a mid 2nd round guy at 15 who doesn’t work out. That’s inexcusable.

Now if senyshyn worked Sweeney looks at everyone and says “see! I’m a genius! None of you believed in this pick and you’re all wrong and I’m right!!” But genius and town idiot is a very fine line. And with senyshyn one year away from officially being stamped bust, he should be making his way on the stage to get tomatoes thrown at him.

look these type of reach do workout sometimes..... especially if at the spot you are picking, there is no clear standout and you are not liking any of the prospects available

you think it was correct that Brayden Point went in the third round? He should have went in the 1st....

BUT in that 2015 draft at 13-14-15 the Bruins didn't even draft one of the BPA even though it was dangling in their face.... not too sure about Zboril but was reading he was sort of a reach as he was probably the best D available (along with Chabot) but not considered BPA

this is where it hurts because Barzal and Connor were considered this. And both could have gone in the 8-12 range

Hopefully Sweeney will learn from this mistake and pick the BPA regardless of anything else. Even if they have incompatible personality (read a rumor that Sweeney didn't come out impressed after interviewing Barzal or Connor) etc.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Getting back to brass tacks: The Bruins continue on a downward spiral. Hamstrung by buy outs, bad contracts given to aging, declining vets, and missed draft opportunities, the team is basically treading water and watching other teams surpass them.

And Sweeney has the team in a weak, actually nearly powerless, position to do a damn thing about it.

If people think this is “ok” or want to gloss over it, they have a right to. But, it’s just an avoidance tactic. It’s comforting to just accept the negative things that can’t be changed and just hope for the best.

But, please, don’t insult our intelligence with group shaming ad hominem proscriptions against those calling this out.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
look these type of reach do workout sometimes..... especially if at the spot you are picking, there is no clear standout and you are not liking any of the prospects available

you think it was correct that Brayden Point went in the third round? He should have went in the 1st....

BUT in that 2015 draft at 13-14-15 the Bruins didn't even draft one of the BPA even though it was dangling in their face.... not too sure about Zboril but was reading he was sort of a reach as he was probably the best D available (along with Chabot) but not considered BPA

this is where it hurts because Barzal and Connor were considered this. And both could have gone in the 8-12 range

Hopefully Sweeney will learn from this mistake and pick the BPA regardless of anything else. Even if they have incompatible personality (read a rumor that Sweeney didn't come out impressed after interviewing Barzal or Connor) etc.

I watched Zboril play a ton in Quebec League and always found him lazy and uninterested lots of shifts.Basically not enough heart.I said it before and say it again.Never liked that pick from day 1.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I still take Debrusk over Connor, he has grit and is a future leader. Connor, is good but would just be another small soft forward. They needed to move McQuaid as a 6th dee, tough yeah, but plays half the games and at almost 3 million a cap hit. That cap space could be used if Bergy or Chara are longer then expected, then they have to go make a desperate trade or start selling. Senyshyn is heating up and should be up soon.

Chabot is just moving the goal posts again, insert name of guy who is over performing. Zboril was the best guy available on dee. Barzal yeah don't know why that was a pass but no way in hell does he put up the pts he did last year with us. Not as a 3rd line center or rarely used on the PP. Unless they traded Krech which maybe that would have been the best thing and slot Barzal in the 2nd spot. The retro glasses are getting fogged up, lol.

Reactions: TCB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I watched Zboril play a ton in Quebec League and always found him lazy and uninterested lots of shifts.Basically not enough heart.I said it before and say it again.Never liked that pick from day 1.

ahhh i didn't know this......I didn't know much about him but he had good stats for a D

It was between him and Chabot....and I think the issue with Chabot was being overly finesse/not as good on the defensive end... but high level offensive potential

Sweeney probably would like to have this one back . On the flipside Zboril has not got a proper chance to get his feet wet. He had a few hiccups but overall I thought he played decent and made some nice passes out of the zone/pinches

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I still take Debrusk over Connor, he has grit and is a future leader. Connor, is good but would just be another small soft forward. They needed to move McQuaid as a 6th dee, tough yeah, but plays half the games and at almost 3 million a cap hit. That cap space could be used if Bergy or Chara are longer then expected, then they have to go make a desperate trade or start selling. Senyshyn is heating up and should be up soon.

Chabot is just moving the goal posts again, insert name of guy who is over performing. Zboril was the best guy available on dee. Barzal yeah don't know why that was a pass but no way in hell does he put up the pts he did last year with us. Not as a 3rd line center or rarely used on the PP. Unless they traded Krech which maybe that would have been the best thing and slot Barzal in the 2nd spot. The retro glasses are getting fogged up, lol.

Krejci c@#43blocked Barzal from being picked(guess).... I mean they are kind of similar if you think about it. Just Barzal is younger and much quicker skater which fits well in todays league

And because the Bruins love that half sandpaper half skilled type of rugged 3c... you are right, where was Barzal going to fit in the lineup was probably one of the questions

but again, you can't draft like this

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Never said I owned the boards, so what in the blue blazes are you even on about? Really breaking my post down because you, once again, can't realistically counter an argument. How is a post based off a 50/50 possibility "factual"? To start, this is a Sweeney thread, so what does the Bruins missing the playoffs before Sweeney was GM have to do with anything here?

While you may have never said that you own the boards, the tone that you adopt and the language that you use in many of your posts do present you with such an attitude. You really are aggressive in a lot of your posts.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Nikita scherbak just potted one for the kings . He was sitting on waivers could have picked him up for free. These are the type of signings Donny should do. He is a young former high first round pick and cost nothing . He has skills to score.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Barzal isn’t putting up the points this year like he did last year, 3G, 18a and a -12. The difference is he now has a coach who doesn’t allow him to free run, and he doesn’t have Tavares to protect him from the top checkers. Chabot, although solid offensively, would have been a good choice but still early on him to. Good to have a dman who gets lots of points but better to have a dman who knows who his starting goalie is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad