Post-Game Talk: Bruins get Buffaloed in Shootout - only get one point

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The pure opposite of the recent struggling shootout attempts where we over dangle instead of simply shooting. Mind boggling.

As for those lines I think it all but spells the end for Spooner, no? As ridiculous as that should seem.

It is ridiculous, but I think we all knew that it would be at least one of Spooner or Pastrnak who was coming out when Krejci got back, most likely Spooner because of the position he plays.

Heaven forbid Spooner keep his spot over the likes of Mr. No Goals in 2 months Soderberg, or Clode's binky Campbell.

When Connolly gets back another decision has to be made, most likely between Pasta and Brett. Highly unlikely Smith, Paille or Talbot are sitting, despite their production or lack thereof.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
It is ridiculous, but I think we all knew that it would be at least one of Spooner or Pastrnak who was coming out when Krejci got back, most likely Spooner because of the position he plays.

Heaven forbid Spooner keep his spot over the likes of Mr. No Goals in 2 months Soderberg, or Clode's binky Campbell.

When Connolly gets back another decision has to be made, most likely between Pasta and Brett. Highly unlikely Smith, Paille or Talbot are sitting, despite their production or lack thereof.

For me Spooner's play on the half wall on PP1 is enough for him to keep his position. Honestly, I think he's more effective there than Krejci and is the best we've had there since Savy.

I would keep the kid line together and play Krejci on the wing with Soderberg and Loui. Move Kelly to the 4th between Talbot and Ferlin. When Connolly comes back put him with Bergry & Marchand and drop Smith to the 4th bumping Ferlin.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

It's ridiculous. And indefensible.

Seriously. It boggles the mind that it's possible one of the few guys creating offense on this team is going to sit out, for any number of the deadweights on this squad.

But somehow, we'll find a way to play The Deadweight in force and sit players actually doing ****.

And the list of The Deadweights just seems to keep growing. It used to be only Paille, Campbell, and Kelly. It's now grown to include Soderberg and Smith.

Paille
Campbell
Kelly
Smith
Soda

None of those guys deserve a start in this lineup over Spooner. None of them deserve a start over Pasta. They just don't. Period.

Let's see what Claude "The Genius" Julien does after the Great Pastrnak Day of Maintenance.

I'm crossing my fingers Spooner has a big game, and makes it possible for him to be sent down, or sat in favor of The Deadweights.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Those that peed on the President trophy just can't whine after a regular season loss. You just can't have it both ways saying regular season achievement means nothing and then complain when they don't succeed.

And if I had to chose a loss this week, it would have been to Buffalo or TB. The must wins are against Ott and Flo. Especially Ott since Flo would need 8 more points than the Bruins in their remaining 12 games .

In the end, the Bruins lost 1 point last night against an awful team. They still are 4pts up on Ottawa and have the tie-breaker.

Big game on Thursday.

I was told the B's absolutely had to win the prez trophy so we would have home ice vs St louis or Anaheim. We didn't lose to either of those teams so i guess the prez trophy worked its magic.

And of course who can forget Sooshi's epic thread "Where is the Prez trophy" detailing which member of the team had it for their day and where they took it. Just seeing Phil Pritchard handling that historic and storied prize with white gloves gives me goosebumps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad