Post-Game Talk: Bruins get Buffaloed in Shootout - only get one point

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Ugh. Embarrassing. You couldn't have asked for a better scenario to get two points that were very needed.

To add insult to injury, I got laughed at by a bunch of Ranger fans at the bar last night when they lost. It comes with living in enemy territory, but still. Ouch.

they won't be laughing when 8 beats 1 in 6. (yup, after all is said and done i still have hope. actually, that's all i have right now).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Those that peed on the President trophy just can't whine after a regular season loss. You just can't have it both ways saying regular season achievement means nothing and then complain when they don't succeed.

And if I had to chose a loss this week, it would have been to Buffalo or TB. The must wins are against Ott and Flo. Especially Ott since Flo would need 8 more points than the Bruins in their remaining 12 games .

In the end, the Bruins lost 1 point last night against an awful team. They still are 4pts up on Ottawa and have the tie-breaker.

Big game on Thursday.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
To many Players not Producing at this point Smith should not be on the second line @ this point. Soderberg has been a mess for a few months now and maybe should sit a few games when David Returns. Campbell and the 4th line are not producing enough to warrant a lot of time on the ice and maybe try Ferlin a big body who likes to drive to the Net.

Outside of the penalty, which I thought was a bit ticky-tack I thought Soderberg played a pretty good game last night.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Those that peed on the President trophy just can't whine after a regular season loss. You just can't have it both ways saying regular season achievement means nothing and then complain when they don't succeed.

And if I had to chose a loss this week, it would have been to Buffalo or TB. The must wins are against Ott and Flo. Especially Ott since Flo would need 8 more points than the Bruins in their remaining 12 games .

In the end, the Bruins lost 1 point last night against an awful team. They still are 4pts up on Ottawa and have the tie-breaker.

Big game on Thursday.

Come on now...You know better than this... If we were firmly entrenched in the 3 hole in the division nobody says anything about this loss..

But,, the regular season matters if YOU DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ...I don't care if they finish 1st or 8th, but I will ***** when they are in 8th and lose to the worst team in hockey.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Come on now...You know better than this... If we were firmly entrenched in the 3 hole in the division nobody says anything about this loss..

But,, the regular season matters if YOU DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ...I don't care if they finish 1st or 8th, but I will ***** when they are in 8th and lose to the worst team in hockey.

I was just listening to WGR in Buffalo online and fans are demanding Nolan be fired for winning the game last night, :laugh:

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
It's almost worth losing to the Sabres just to see them freak out. If they don't land McEichel, grown men will actually weep.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

For sure, getting that 2nd point yesterday would have been better.

But I rather "lose" to the worst team in hockey than to Ottawa.

Let's see if they get up their play and beat them again tommorrow night.

After the Ott game,we'll have between 2-6pts lead over Ott with the tie-breaker. THAT game is important and they need it to keep their good cushion. They lose and it will be a dog fight till the end.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Bruins can't score again, why?

Lack of talent and too much 4th line, I can't see how head office doesn't see this.

It happens endlessly.

Every team plays their 4th an average of 9 min per game at best, look at the box scores tonight. Campbell 11:30-12:30 so that takes away 3 minutes on average per game away from someone with touch.

Doesn't sound lime much, but 5% for every game for the entire year is a lot in the long run.

C J doesn't want the team to be worn out come playoff time ... a round of 18 holes can be draining especially in the hot sun.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
so not caring about the president's trophy means we aren't allowed to care about this team in 8th place not taking 2 points out of the easiest game on the schedule...... when there's a team a few points behind them running hot with an easier schedule fighting for our playoff spot......

this is incredible stuff.......

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
In Ottawa against the hottest team and goalie where it is 18 degrees today then head down to Florida for the weekend where it is 88 in Tampa right now and expected warm this weekend. Always good for the body.

Then they come home to play imo the best team in the West and the best team in the East and its brutal after that.

They lose in regulation Thursday with that schedule and Bergeron not at 100% going to be an interesting final three weeks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's almost worth losing to the Sabres just to see them freak out. If they don't land McEichel, grown men will actually weep.

We were discussing this last night waiting for the shoot out how if I am Buffalo I want McDavid.

My dream scenario is Edmonton to get him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

And if I had to chose a loss this week, it would have been to Buffalo or TB. The must wins are against Ott and Florida. Especially Ott since Flo would need 8 more points than the Bruins in their remaining 12 games .

Big game on Thursday.

Very good points.I agree games coming are ones that really matter.The lack of scoring bothers me and that coaches inability to shorten bench and shift players to other spots when games on the line.He way to loyal to undeserving players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This should have been a guaranteed 2 points.

Buffalo dressed 5 players who have ZERO goals and 3 players who have ONE goal.

Bobby Orr by himself could have beaten the Sabres

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Big game on Thursday.

:nod:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
We were discussing this last night waiting for the shoot out how if I am Buffalo I want McDavid.

My dream scenario is Edmonton to get him.

i gotta admit, watching the sabres lose out on not only mcdavid but eichel too might be too good to pass up. they play arizona twice at the end of this month, which will be awful to watch but interesting to see the results. the way lindback played last night, tim murray has to be thinking of kidnapping him and putting him on the first flight to cancun.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
After getting shutout by Washington I was actually worried about this game. God-awful team, figured the Bruins would take them lightly and sure enough, we end up losing.

The only bright spot of this game was that we officially put the nail in the Maple Leafs playoff coffin. Sure it was going to happen sooner or later, but still something to be proud of. :laugh:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
So you agree with that statement? That we can't consider the President's trophy to be an overrated accomplishment AND that this team should not be fighting to make the playoffs?

Those two ideas can't co-exist? It has to be black-and-white, all or nothing?

I do, I think the notion that discrediting an 82 game accomplishment in favour of a single game result is foolhardy.

Not that you can't be disappointed in a loss, just a matter of perspective. The fact that they're in a position for it to actually matter is far more concerning that the fact that they lost a single game that they should have won against a terrible team.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I do, I think the notion that discrediting an 82 game accomplishment in favour of a single game result is foolhardy.

Not that you can't be disappointed in a loss, just a matter of perspective. The fact that they're in a position for it to actually matter is far more concerning that the fact that they lost a single game that they should have won against a terrible team.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but i think most of the people who are upset about losing to Buffalo are upset for precisely the reason that it indicates why the B's are where they are. If they were sitting in first, 5 points clear i don't think i'd care if they lost to the Sabres. In a fight for the last playoff spot that point could be very important

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I don't want to speak for anyone else, but i think most of the people who are upset about losing to Buffalo are upset for precisely the reason that it indicates why the B's are where they are. If they were sitting in first, 5 points clear i don't think i'd care if they lost to the Sabres. In a fight for the last playoff spot that point could be very important

That's fair, I just think people put far too much weight into small samples and then completely blow off the results of an 82 game season. This season has been poor, whether they won last night or lost doesn't change that, you're going to lose to a sh!tty team during the course of a season. Teams get lucky (or unlucky), they have poor stretches, injuries, etc. Hell, if you only took the first month of the season into consideration for the past few years, the Leafs are in the midst of a dynasty :)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Ugh. Embarrassing. You couldn't have asked for a better scenario to get two points that were very needed.

To add insult to injury, I got laughed at by a bunch of Ranger fans at the bar last night when they lost. It comes with living in enemy territory, but still. Ouch.

You know things are bad when Habs fans can't ever be bothered to bust your balls anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad