Management Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney - 1/11/2022

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. Wondering when over the break they had a sit down w Cassidy to clear the air
I think Cassidy grabbed a beer sat down and thought maybe I need to make a few adjustments

we all probably do that or should unless you are perfect like Bergeron

the Backes & Krejci comments and the Bergeron story is feedback

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
hahah not me I didn’t like the contract. You were your usual relaxed self and said give it more than ten games lol. You’re the one w the far superior sim team
You are too kind but correct lol

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Couldn't agree more.
It's mind-numbing how many times this gets brought up. - I am near done with beating my head against the wall with it.
No matter how good a young goalie looks in a short sample size nor how good he looks in limited starts with a solid veteran starter - they are going to get exposed if you rush things and give them the reigns. Relax. Do not put time on ffwd - no matter how great you think the kid in net is. You're risking your season, the kid's career and your future between the pipes. It's one of the most common mistakes made in the NHL. It happens all the time.
It really does and has for decades. GM's just can't help themselves. Just on the Bruins alone the names over the years are many.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He makes 3 M and has been overall very good

what am I missing here ? He’s not Larry Robinson ? He doesn’t have a beard and cross checks everyone like Bortuzzo or Savard?

I agree. He's pretty solid on the backend.

Wasn't suggesting he should be moved. Just clarifying his status.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It really does and has for decades. GM's just can't help themselves. Just on the Bruins alone the names over the years are many.

I know we've agreed on this before in regards to Swyaman and Vladar, signing a starter, etc. People are either too young or forget the pre Thomas/Rask years. But all you have to do is look around the league. G.M.s should know better but - It's been going on forever. Doesn't matter how good they look - Goalies that are forced into the starting role too early fail. It happens constantly. It should not be a discussion. The pressure gets to them, they get exhausted, the book comes out on them and goal-scorers figure out their weaknesses, which kills their confidence, they have no space to work on their game, the team starts playing tentative, it snowballs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad