GDT: Bruins @ Gambrell-less Sharks 7pm

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It would've been nice if Couture didn't overcommit to Krejci and played the trailer too but whatever. They got a point when they maybe deserved less and/or more. Just move on to Pittsburgh on Thursday.
They were off their game after that illegitimate goal stood.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Seemed like it. It happens. They got a point out of it. Just gonna have to move on and take two out of Pittsburgh.
They'll be ready by then. Just hope the division isn't decided by a point.

At the very least they got jobbed against an ec team. Would have been riot time if it happened against Calgary.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They'll be ready by then. Just hope the division isn't decided by a point.

At the very least they got jobbed against an ec team. Would have been riot time if it happened against Calgary.

I'm in the minority on it but I'm not too worried about where this team places in the standings.

Reactions: Boy Hedican

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm in the minority on it but I'm not too worried about where this team places in the standings.
Me neither for the most part. I would simply enjoy an easier 1st round matchup.

Would love to give Chicago a taste of their own medicine from the wcf's years ago.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Every time we get are so called wish of playing the so called weaker teams is how this team seems to always get in trouble for the playoffs.

The one year where the sharks got there hardest matchups in all rounds is the only year this team went any where.

Kings/blues/preds were all teams that had given the sharks headaches for a few years including that season.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Subban's made 2 starts in a row so they're starting to rest Fleury a bit. They probably don't have much hope of winning the division and are likely stuck in the 3rd seed. Can't wait for a rested Fleury to stand on his head in the 1st round. How many times have the Sharks lost while outplaying the other team because their goalie outplays ours. I wouldn't be too confident even if we have a better team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Subban's made 2 starts in a row so they're starting to rest Fleury a bit. They probably don't have much hope of winning the division and are likely stuck in the 3rd seed. Can't wait for a rested Fleury to stand on his head in the 1st round. How many times have the Sharks lost while outplaying the other team because their goalie outplays ours. I wouldn't be too confident even if we have a better team.

Fleury is also not playing anywhere near as well as he did last year either so I don't know if rest is going to change that. But I'm certainly for playing Dell more just to rest Jones at the very least and maybe improve his performance.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I missed the first period which I'm sure sucked. That being said, refs aside this game had everything- massive come back, a Thornton hat trick, Couture penalty shot, Hertl, Radil, and Thornton running over the entire bruins 5-some, Karlsson dipsy doodle. There was even a chance (a couple) for the roostertrick. it was awesome!

Fwiw, I'm not too upset about the high stick. I'm more upset by some of the softs calls, and I'm furious about not putting the goal back on. Who is responsible for that? You can't let a team play with complete reckless abandon in 3*3 with no risk of giving up a goal until they lose possession. It's like a delayed PP. What a joke!

Reactions: Juxtaposer

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good game last night, Thornton hat trick is good. To bad that goal stood but that stuff happens to every team. Let's focus on Pittsburgh and get the 2 points there.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
First time in a number of years that I've actually been angry with the officiating. The high-stick goal is one thing, but blowing the play dead on Kane was absolutely unacceptable. He held the whistle up to stop play, but put it down when Boston rushed up the ice. To not have the net back on its moorings by the time play comes back the other way is bush league.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
There's a hilarious Zach Galifinakis joke where he does an impression of the "Pretentious Illiterate" - he borrows glasses from someone in the crowd, lowers them slowly, and condescendingly declares "I already told you... I don't know how to read."

That is Boston fans in a nutshell. No fanbase is better at having an absolute aneurysm when a call doesn't go their way before calmly lecturing the opposing fanbase about how "them's the rules!" 5 minutes later when the call does go Boston's way. Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins... all of them the same.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Fwiw, I'm not too upset about the high stick. I'm more upset by some of the softs calls, and I'm furious about not putting the goal back on. Who is responsible for that? You can't let a team play with complete reckless abandon in 3*3 with no risk of giving up a goal until they lose possession. It's like a delayed PP. What a joke!

That's exactly what it is. It's just a dumb rule. But you have to think that Boston wouldn't have played so aggressively if they didn't already know the rules. So there likely wouldn't have been a 2-0 if the net was on.
Teams actually pull their goalies in those situations. Don't recall any with Jones, but it happened at least once with Niemi. Toronto did it last year too.

That non high-stick call is complete bush league though.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Fleury is also not playing anywhere near as well as he did last year either so I don't know if rest is going to change that. But I'm certainly for playing Dell more just to rest Jones at the very least and maybe improve his performance.

Playoffs are a different animal. Fleury is a proven winner in them, so he will step up when it's down to crunch time.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Playoffs are a different animal. Fleury is a proven winner in them, so he will step up when it's down to crunch time.
Is this based on his winning SC's with the Penguins or something else. Career Playoff Stats:

MAF: 2.58 GAA, .911 SV%
Jones: 2.07 GAA, .926 SV%

While Jones has only played 42 playoff games as opposed to 135 for MAF, Jones has been the superior playoff goalie.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

He's as proven to be mediocre in the playoffs as he is being what he was last year. I don't see that in him this year and I don't see the same magic in Vegas this year that they had last year.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
MAF has played almost 100 more playoff games than Jones, and you guys compare stats? 3 rings and a proven winner. Almost did it with an expansion team last year. We are trickling in the playoffs with a starter that has a SP under .900, and a GAA near 3.00. Jones and superior in the same sentence is laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad