Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Chiarelli must see this, if he does not I question his ability (and I don't because I think he is a premier GM).

He won't let our third line sink the season and right now, it could happen.

I honestly think he will do something soon and it will be unexpected. We have picks to trade. I want Spooner to get a another year in the AHL but who knows, maybe Chiarelli takes a risk and calls him up for 3rd line center duty, Peverley plays one wing, Kelly gets traded and we find someone (Ryan Clowe would be nice) to add some size and grit.
Before the Bruins make a trade I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly - Spooner - Peverley for a few games. They tried everything might as well try that. Is Spooner ready? Probably not, my guess is an offseason of getting stronger will put him in the Bruins line up next season. Plus adding a guy with speed and vision could really add something to that line.

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
Chiarelli must see this, if he does not I question his ability (and I don't because I think he is a premier GM).

He won't let our third line sink the season and right now, it could happen.

I honestly think he will do something soon and it will be unexpected. We have picks to trade. I want Spooner to get a another year in the AHL but who knows, maybe Chiarelli takes a risk and calls him up for 3rd line center duty, Peverley plays one wing, Kelly gets traded and we find someone (Ryan Clowe would be nice) to add some size and grit.

Kelly gets traded? Maybe in some EA sports world but not in reality, buddy.

Never mind he's got a full NTC, even if he didn't nobody would touch 3M x 3 left on his overinflated contract.

Still can't believe he got that sweet deal (NTC???) after his career year. Mercy.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things in that game.

Chara's 17 penalty minutes didn't help win this game but it was the right thing to do anyway and he's a great captain.

Seguin and Hamilton are really starting to make more of an impact. Hamilton played 19 minutes tonight and was better than a lot of the veteran players. The skill level of this team is on the upswing. Seguin looks unstoppable at times.

Kelly hit two posts so he was unlucky. I don't have a problem with his effort though and never have. Still that third line is definitely in need of some offensive help. Only 5 combined goals on the season from Peverley, Kelly, and Bourque obviously isn't good enough.

Bad night in the defensive zone for several players.
Agree 100% with the bold, I consider Chara's actions an investment.
Game could have gone either way, lots of pucks ringing off the iron.
Losing to the habs always sucks, but it was a good entertaining game with intensity.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
From Bergy being the first player, after Chara's cerimonial puck drop, to shake the Newtown teachers' hand till the final horn, Mr. Bergeron was a Renaissance Man. He does it all and we are seeing this generations Stevie Y. Kid ooozes class.

It been only one game since DK limped off the ice but he had no push at all . . .he looks to be nursing something. If there was no roof, Horton would have floated out over the harbor. P. U.

I think we all saw what our defence would look like minus Chara. scary. any other team, I have no problem with what Chara did tonight. But the Habs baited us and got the Bruins off their game. They were smarter.

This one still stings a bit.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Agree 100% about Wheeler but when you add Stuart in there as well??

Stuart was redundant with the play of McQuaid, not to mention McQuaid was making 545k at the time. Stuart wouldn't be anymore than a 5/6/7th defenceman in Boston and personally I would take McQuaid over Stuart. Having both isn't an option because their deficiencies as hockey players is too much to have two of these players.

Jeff L

May 28, 2012
Massachusetts
Secondary scoring needs to be addressed soon. It's just too bad that the options out there don't look particularly good; Clowe and Penner are having terrible seasons, Perry's too expensive and Alfie's probably going nowhere. Ference needs to sit out a few games too, get his damn head on straight - let Torey Krug have a shot.

That being said, a big positive to take away from this game is that Seguin and Dougie are really contributing. Seguin had a three point night!

I won't comment on the Emelin situation. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
ty zebras lol
7-nhl-erik-cole-high-fives-referee-gif.gif

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mione is mine mainly cuz she recognized The Tribe av I used to have
Haha, this is true. We bonded on our mutual Tribe love.

But I am more than willing to share both of you guys. Just as long as nobody watches the Big Bang Theory. If I hear *knock* *knock* Penny one more time...

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
That was funny watching the Chara incident .

I saw Seguin go down but didn't see which number it was , but then saw 33 skating across the TV screen with his eyes bulging out of his head with nothing to do with the play and I thought , " You better run squirrel whoever you are " :laugh:

I didn't like our lack of net prescence again . Just very timid in front of the opposition net , could be because of the lack of shots but I think its something I saw more from the schabitant tonight than us .

Shouldn't blame this game on Pandalfo but I will anyway .

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Fin, Kelly is going nowhere in trade so I think I am with you on that, but Spooner didn't look nearly ready..I say pick up a good grinding wing and call it a day.
Possible, but Spooner played 5mins and his lack of playing time wasn’t because he played poorly, it was by design, not a large enough sample size to say he’s ready or not. I don’t think he is ready, but the Bruins should exhaust internal options before looking for acquisitions IMO. Jay Pandolfo is playing, I don’t think we lose much more playing Spooner for 3/5 games.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
so glad to see all the bruins post game coverage on csn or nesn.

Terrific.
(yes i saw the brick interview and no i can't sit through csn's football talk to wait for bruins talk)

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
I actually like Peverly alot even though hes been terrible, but how bad was that trade. I know we won the cup with Peverly and Id do the trade all over again but Wheeler had like 60 some points last year although he is horribly frustrating. And Mark Stuart a really solid D man with the B's. Anyone else think this?

Wheeler disappeared come the PO. They won it all in part because Peverley played well kn 2011.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Like a poster above said, some good some bad. The Bergeron line looked incredible and I thought we ultimately carried the play most of the night. At the same time, there were far too many turnovers and Rask looked off tonight. The team's been rolling so I can't really complain. It would've been nice to come away with the W, especially at home vs. a team you're fighting for first with, but you can't win them all.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
That was funny watching the Chara incident .

I saw Seguin go down but didn't see which number it was , but then saw 33 skating across the TV screen with his eyes bulging out of his head with nothing to do with the play and I thought , " You better run squirrel whoever you are " :laugh:

I didn't like our lack of net prescence again . Just very timid in front of the opposition net , could be because of the lack of shots but I think its something I saw more from the schabitant tonight than us .

Shouldn't blame this game on Pandalfo but I will anyway .

Pandolfo did his job tonight. No mistakes from him.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I love Soupy, but why was he the extra forward with Rask pulled? Put Looch or Horton out with the Bergy line, and park them in front.

Or get creative and have Sides and Dougie on the blueline and park Chara in front

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I love Soupy, but why was he the extra forward with Rask pulled? Put Looch or Horton out with the Bergy line, and park them in front.

Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me. He doesn't make sense to put out for faceoffs anymore. I guess they wanted him out there to fight for the puck if it got jammed in the corner? No idea.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Emelin has a broken orbital bone that is held together by screws and plate. He HAS to turtle or he can suffer a career end'er. Usually, he play with a full face basket.

There was a lot of turnovers by the Bruins to Habs tenacity.....and a lot of turnovers by the Habs because of Bruins hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad