Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

BBT is like a disease I used to hate it now I love it. Hate Leonard.

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I'm still excited about how good Seguin has looked the last few games. This loss sucks, but the kid is coming around, and I think he'll carry us the rest of the way.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
There were a lot of good things and a lot of bad things in that game.

Chara's 17 penalty minutes didn't help win this game but it was the right thing to do anyway and he's a great captain.

Seguin and Hamilton are really starting to make more of an impact. Hamilton played 19 minutes tonight and was better than a lot of the veteran players. The skill level of this team is on the upswing. Seguin looks unstoppable at times.

Kelly hit two posts so he was unlucky. I don't have a problem with his effort though and never have. Still that third line is definitely in need of some offensive help. Only 5 combined goals on the season from Peverley, Kelly, and Bourque obviously isn't good enough.

Bad night in the defensive zone for several players.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Rask was bad and the Bruins played a sloppy game. I am not concerned, but it would have been nice to beat the Habs and stay in first place.

Our third line isn't working, that's my only real concern right now.
Chiarelli must see this, if he does not I question his ability (and I don't because I think he is a premier GM).

He won't let our third line sink the season and right now, it could happen.

I honestly think he will do something soon and it will be unexpected. We have picks to trade. I want Spooner to get a another year in the AHL but who knows, maybe Chiarelli takes a risk and calls him up for 3rd line center duty, Peverley plays one wing, Kelly gets traded and we find someone (Ryan Clowe would be nice) to add some size and grit.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I'll drop this here as well....

- A wasted effort by the Bergeron line. They were brilliant tonight. One of those nights when it felt like they would score every time they took a shift. Bergy played EASILY his best game of the year.

- The third line was a complete ****ing gong show. Straight up awful. Holy ****. Chiareli needs to address this, now. Chris Kelly was decent early but then disappeared again. Dan Paille is not a 3rd liner and Rich Peverley was bad.

- So many turnovers.

- Andy Ference, after having two straight good games was dreadful.

- Overall, I think the defense was putrid tonight. Chara was good, Dougie was good but the other 4 all had tough moments.

- The first line was bad. David Krejci was invisible, his first poor game of the year. I'l give him a pass. Did Nathan Horton play?

- Tuukka Rask was AWFUL. Denying it is homerism. He was out of position all night, bad with his rebounds. Shaky is an understatement. Again, he's been so good, I'll give him a pass.

- This team can be so good but they can be so bad, sometimes within minutes. We blew a third period lead, again. We have a depth issue. The Merlot was good again, they have been improving but the third line is a total disaster area. Our scoring comes from one line at a time, we have not put together a solid 60 from the entire team all year.

Spot on as always, UT.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I actually like Peverly alot even though hes been terrible, but how bad was that trade. I know we won the cup with Peverly and Id do the trade all over again but Wheeler had like 60 some points last year although he is horribly frustrating. And Mark Stuart a really solid D man with the B's. Anyone else think this?

No, Wheeler gets offensive TOI he wouldn't normally get in Boston. It's an example of decent player on a bad team. Think Andrew Ladd, 15/17 goals with a stacked Chicago team, gets to a bad Winnipeg team scores 28/29 goals because he is playing in more offensive situations.

Ask yourself, is Wheeler better than Lucic, Horton, Marchand, Seguin? I believe he isn't better than any of these players and Wheeler isn't scoring 60 points on the third line.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
What's up with the "no excuses" habs avatar? It seems like every 4 out of 5 hab fans use this avatar.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
No, Wheeler gets offensive TOI he wouldn't normally get in Boston. It's an example of decent player on a bad team. Think Andrew Ladd, 15/17 goals with a stacked Chicago team, gets to a bad Winnipeg team scores 28/29 goals because he is playing in more offensive situations.

Ask yourself, is Wheeler better than Lucic, Horton, Marchand, Seguin? I believe he isn't better than any of these players and Wheeler isn't scoring 60 points on the third line.

Agree 100% about Wheeler but when you add Stuart in there as well??

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Mione is mine mainly cuz she recognized The Tribe av I used to have

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
DKH posted the other day about Hamilton thinking the game like Bergeron and he's right.

I can't believe that a 19 year old defenseman can succeed at so many different things in his 20th game or so. To be able to have another player like Bergeron that excels in almost every situation is going to be great for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad