Post-Game Talk: Bruins finally lose one

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I just find it odd that Julien chose THIS game to whine about embellishment.

I don't.

I think he was ticked off that Seguin was crosscheck and it wasn't called, and the Bruins ended up without Chara for 17 minutes (refs have the discretion on whether to call the instigator and could just as easily have assessed each 5 for fighting or perhaps 7 to Chara).

I am pretty sure that blow up wasn't really specific to that game, but more him blowing his top after another game where the refs let the other team get away with cheap shots while putting the Bruins down their top D-man who had more guts than the refs.

The rant was more about the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to reffing in general, rather than that one game being especially egregious.

Julien should have focused more on the crappy reffing, but this was a back handed way of pointing out that the Bruin's aren't just getting called for a lot of penalties but that the refs are ignoring calls they should be making that would go in favor of the Bruins.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I don't see anyone blaming embellishment at all. It's a parallel conversation.

Speaking for myself, I don't think that's why we lost at all. I don't think it played that big of a part in last night's game, which is why the timing of Claude's comments were odd. But it's always a timely topic when we play the Habs, just like Chara being a murderous monster and having a team full of goons is on your side. :dunno:

Sure as the sun rises in the east, and all that jazz.

You're right. I think the only people blaming embellishment are Claude Julien and maybe some people who choose to agree with him. I just don't see this new brand of Habs hockey as divers much, but you definitely make a good point of the same topics being re-hashed every time they play each other: Bruins are boneheads, Habs are divers, everyone whining all over the place.

I think what the first two games between Habs and Bruins have shown us is that both could have gone either way. Tight games with emotion, toughness and skill, and not to mention lots of odd goals on either side. It's going to be stressful to watch these games from now on!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You need to realize that there is a new GM, new coach, and many new players on the Habs. They play a new system, developed new strategies, and are a completely evolved group compared to last year and the years before.

I don't think embellishment has played a role on any Habs games this year. The strategy is about puck-side attack and there is not much place for diving on that team. After all, the motto is "no excuses".

I feel like people blaming embellishment for last night's loss are just looking for excuses. There was absolutely zero embellishments being made, on either side.

You won a close game, the calls were brutally against us, it took me back to recent games like 6 and 7 of the last series between us when the calls in Montreal's favor have been too much (I give you credit for only having 1 bad season and having a good year.)

Last nights loss was a familiar feeling with games between these teams only this wasn't in Centre Bell. Ryder looks good back with you guys too that was a good move picking him up.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I try my best to avoid being an idiot. Works 89.6% of the time. You seem pretty sane yourself.

I'm a very good actor. Just ask my family what happened yesterday when they returned home during a day trip and started to talk during the game. :laugh:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I don't.

I think he was ticked off that Seguin was crosscheck and it wasn't called, and the Bruins ended up without Chara for 17 minutes (refs have the discretion on whether to call the instigator and could just as easily have assessed each 5 for fighting or perhaps 7 to Chara).

I am pretty sure that blow up wasn't really specific to that game, but more him blowing his top after another game where the refs let the other team get away with cheap shots while putting the Bruins down their top D-man who had more guts than the refs.

The rant was more about the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to reffing in general, rather than that one game being especially egregious.

Julien should have focused more on the crappy reffing, but this was a back handed way of pointing out that the Bruin's aren't just getting called for a lot of penalties but that the refs are ignoring calls they should be making that would go in favor of the Bruins.

While I understand the frustration over Emelin/Chara situation, I think that reffing has been poor for every team this season, in different situations. I don't think blaming the reffing would have been a smart move for the coach of an NHL team, and I don't think his comments do anything to raise awareness of this supposed issue.

If he had a problem with the referees or with embellishments, I think complaining about it to the media is probably the worst move he could do. It seems like the better thing to do would be to just chalk it up as a loss and move on, instead of dwelling over something that really wasn't an issue at all the entire game (embellishments).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00