Bruins fans trade deadline mindset

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
This is a poll...

Where is your Bruins mindset at for the next few days until the deadline on Monday. So here is the question...

Peter Chiarelli and the Bruins front office need to............

Last edited:

dup7

Jul 5, 2006
Halifax, NS
Mini-reset and focus on next season and beyond.

Look to make a hockey trade before the deadline with pieces they don't see as part of the longer term plan.

Hope that the shakeup is enough to sneak in the playoffs with a nothing to lose, underdog mentality.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
Tweak it. Add a RW and hopefully a top 4 D. We've got a Selke winner, a HoF D-man, a top power forward, a Vezina winner in net. Win now. We're two pieces away from what was the best team in last year's regular season. This team can WIN NOW, gd'it

Arthur*

Somewhere between tweak and load (that sounds dirty)

Buy, but buy responsibly. If Vermette's going to cost a 1st and Spooner, then screw that, but don't cheap out and get Mike Mottau and Wade Redden. Somewhere in between, though if you need to sweeten the pot to get a deal done, as long as it's not ridiculous overpayment, I'd say get it done.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Peter Chiarelli and the Bruins front office need to...

Not make a horrible trade out of desperation (but I can almost guarantee this will happen) As in any deal, the one who needs/wants it more loses.

Play Spooner and Koko and don't give up on them (especially considering Krejci's being out) Spooner and Koko have more potential than anyone they are likely to pick up, but my nightmare is that they will give away one or both of them for some "experienced" (read "used up") player/players who will probably take more than the rest of the season to adjust to the "system" or perhaps, never will.

plemur

Meh.
Feb 24, 2007
Nieuw Hamster
twitter.com
It feels as though this team is inherently flawed. It's likely due to the system, but either the system has to go or the team needs a major makeover.

Fire Claude or fire the team.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sell and retool.

I don't want to blow it up and reshape the franchise; although, if someone blows me away with an offer, there are several core guys I'd be willing to go (come on Vancouver, you know you want to give up Virtannen and a 2015 #1 for Lucic )

I do think with better luck and health, and a couple good deals, they can be a legitimate contender next year, but they are not this year

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Trade deadline deals are not usually hockey deals, so Chia should try get some futures dangling the likes of Paille, Campbell, Kelly, and Seidenberg, maybe Soderberg, and maybe one of Eriksson or Smith, while still hoping to make the playoffs.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Sell, sell, sell. This team isn't going anywhere. Get as high of a pick as possible. This is supposedly a very deep draft, get a 1st for Soderberg and whatever picks you can get for Paille, Campbell and McQuaid. It's not blow it up mode, but this team definitely needs re-tooling.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
While PC is evaluating whether to buy or sell, teams are making moves (see today's run of moves), and there will be none left to be made in either direction if he evaluates for too much longer. The selling better happen very soon, because there aren't going to be too many more teams looking for spare parts by the time the deadline hits.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I decided I'm in the 'thin the fat' club, make trades for next year and beyond and try and make the playoffs with younger players and move on from there.

David Krejci*

I said the season was over when they traded Boychuk, and I know it'll be dumb to waste assets trying to "load up", especially since there's nothing available that's going to make a real difference. But I can not stand the fact that they have wasted a year here. I said it was wasting a year at the beginning of the year but now that it's coming true, it's just really pissing me off because we were set up to dominate this league for years to come, and what they've done to gut this roster is absolutely sickening. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I'm thinking trim, but I'm having a hard time going into sell mode, since they can make the playoffs this season with a few more good bounces than bad. A long-shot playoff run is better than no playoff run at all, both from a revenue standpoint and from a fans standpoint.

Try to get rid of some guys that aren't really in the team's future before their trade value vanishes (i.e. contracts end). Campbell & Paille are obvious here - can even sell low since Caron/Cunningham/Ferlin are viable alternatives. Listen to offers for Lucic, but don't sell low. He's a guy who will require too much cap hit for what he delivers, but can bring a big return. Smith would be another guy you could move, but he might not bring a good enough return to bother.
Under no circumstances should a rental deal be made. Improved playoff team is a "nice to have", but ensuring competitiveness for the next 2 or 3 seasons is more important.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
With the deals today, the bruins are either working on something extremely big, or small.

I think Chia will be like those old ladies that go to CVS to buy wrapping paper at 75% off the day after Christmas. He will swoop in at 230 and look for buys on the cheap.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
With the deals today, the bruins are either working on something extremely big, or small.

I think Chia will be like those old ladies that go to CVS to buy wrapping paper at 75% off the day after Christmas. He will swoop in at 230 and look for buys on the cheap.

I think he is waiting for the "one in stock" deal, to sell

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
At this point I kinda want to hear " in a huge surprise with a package anchored on Zdeno Chara the Boston Bruins are ..."

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Whatever Campbell, Paille, Kelly, Smith, Seidenberg trade means I would do.

Even Chara if the price is right.

Keep the picks and don't be stupid going all in this year, is my thought of the day.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
At this point I kinda want to hear " in a huge surprise with a package anchored on Zdeno Chara the Boston Bruins are ..."

Agree that Chia looks for a desperate team that will pay dearly for the likes of Seidenberg, Chara or Kelly.
He needs to dish off UFA's Campbell, Paille and McQuaid. Get what you can.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Smart teams get rid of aging veterans before they are worth nothing.

Teams that have feelings instead of business sense keep old players and let them walk away with no assets. (TO Sundin)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad