Bruins Fans Cheer 'Unbeatable!' Max Pacioretty in Burger Ad

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
From boston.com

Bruins Fans Cheer 'Unbeatable!' Max Pacioretty in Burger Ad

These hockey die-hards, complete in their blurred "B's" gear, were duped during the filming of promotional spot filmed in Boston on Feb. 22. On that day, the Bruins played the Blackhawks in Chicago. The Canadiens were in the midst of a two-day schedule break. And, yes, the people in the ad are real-life Bruins backers, even if they have a little trouble identifying the opposition.

It is the insult to the injury that has been this Bruins season.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Would love to see the reaction if Lucic did it in Montreal....classless all around I would imagine.

This was pretty funny though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
"It is the insult to the injury that has been this Bruins season."

Really?

I'm a pretty big hockey fan and I am not sure I would recognize Max P out of his uniform walking down the street. It's not like he is distinctive looking like Marchand or Lucic (or PK or Plex).

I bet we could throw some poutine and dog food on a burger, go up to Montreal and have Reilly Smith pass them out, and Habs fans would love them and never recognize the player :laugh:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"It is the insult to the injury that has been this Bruins season."

Really?

I'm a pretty big hockey fan and I am not sure I would recognize Max P out of his uniform walking down the street. It's not like he is distinctive looking like Marchand or Lucic (or PK or Plex).

I bet we could throw some poutine and dog food on a burger, go up to Montreal and have Reilly Smith pass them out, and Habs fans would love them and never recognize the player :laugh:

I dunno GD.

You never forget a face like MaxPac's. Very...distinctive.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I dunno GD.

You never forget a face like MaxPac's. Very...distinctive.

He looks like every rich frat boy tool I've ever known. I'd be more apt to imagine him in a Sigma Alpha Epsilon shirt than a toilet seat CH.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It would have been better if it were Subban. He's a cool kid off the ice, would be interesting to be at a bar with him. I'd still despise his antics on the ice though. He or Price both seem like fun. The rest, especially Plekanec, Weise, and Pacioretty are simply vomit-inducing...

He looks like his parents are related.

:laugh:

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I hope these are actors and not real fans.
If they are real fans they should turn in their jerseys now. It's one thing to be pranked by the Habs but I'm assuming these fans would need to sign a waiver of some form to allow McDonalds to run it. I'm sorry, but if I was that fan and didn't recognize MacPac (although I think I would) I would NEVER sign any type of waiver allowing them to use my image.

Lucic and Chong

Mar 11, 2010
All things considered, if I am going for a fast food burger, I'll take the one that gives me a recurring image of Patches slamming into plexiglass. Considering I thought the guy was dead once, he's done pretty well for himself.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm calling a McDonalds in Quebec to see if they can make the Zdeno 33.

It's a 6'9" charabroiled burger with 330 all-beef patties that can whoop the ass of the puny Max 67. Fun fact - 330 patties at 1/4" thickness is just a little over 6'9".

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope these are actors and not real fans.
If they are real fans they should turn in their jerseys now. It's one thing to be pranked by the Habs but I'm assuming these fans would need to sign a waiver of some form to allow McDonalds to run it. I'm sorry, but if I was that fan and didn't recognize MacPac (although I think I would) I would NEVER sign any type of waiver allowing them to use my image.

I don't get it either... his smirking face has been in the media way too many times for one reason or another. Hard to believe Bruins fans wouldn't recognize him.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I don't get it either... his smirking face has been in the media way too many times for one reason or another. Hard to believe Bruins fans wouldn't recognize him.

Not that hard really.

there aren't many players for other teams I would recognize on the street, especially doing a McDonalds promo.

I would love to know how many people (if any) did recognize him though and they didn't show it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Well, all that Patches stuff with Chara and 911 happened WEEEEEKKKKSSSS before winning the Cup, so some of these "fans" may be unawares.

At least a couple of them give me an actor's vibe.

And did I hear something about tortilla chips on the burger???? WTF is wrong in Quebec????

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I don't recognize my wife when she changes her hair color....

This is my favorite pic of Montreal fans from the whole patches incident.
canadiens-fansx-large.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad