Bruins Fans Cheer 'Unbeatable!' Max Pacioretty in Burger Ad

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well, all that Patches stuff with Chara and 911 happened WEEEEEKKKKSSSS before winning the Cup, so some of these "fans" may be unawares.

At least a couple of them give me an actor's vibe.

And did I hear something about tortilla chips on the burger???? WTF is wrong in Quebec????

Maybe they were ketchup flavored tortilla chips??

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I don't get it either... his smirking face has been in the media way too many times for one reason or another. Hard to believe Bruins fans wouldn't recognize him.

A) His "smirking face" has not been in the media here since at least last year, and before that, it hasn't been there since the stanchion hit that "almost keeled heem!!! Chara is a meeerderer!! ZOMG!!"

B) There are a lot of pink hat fans who bought their first jersey in 2011 and wouldn't know a blue line from a clothes line, never mind recognize that relatively generic frat boy mug.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
And did I hear something about tortilla chips on the burger???? WTF is wrong in Quebec????

No problem, they'll have a new one with different toppings called the "MaxPac67" next month. Then the "MaxiPac67" after that. Then the "Patches67" after that. It could go on for a year or more, considering all the stupid nicknames they have for that tool.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Anyone remember the "Big 33"? Quarter Pounder with bacon and BBQ sauce named for Bird. I think they had a similar one in Chicago for Jordan. Best burger McDonalds ever had.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well, all that Patches stuff with Chara and 911 happened WEEEEEKKKKSSSS before winning the Cup, so some of these "fans" may be unawares.

At least a couple of them give me an actor's vibe.

They have some really good burger places up here. went not to one on cresent last week where the buyer was as big as my head. Only 12 dollars too. Buns on St Laurent really good too

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I dunno GD.

You never forget a face like MaxPac's. Very...distinctive.

It's selective editing. They simply showed only the people who didn't recognize Max because that aided the joke. If they showed people walking up recognizing him, it wouldn't be funny because they wouldn't fall for the gag. They also probably got the people to sign the waiver before hand so that they didn't need their approval after they made the people who fell for it look dumb.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's selective editing. They simply showed only the people who didn't recognize Max because that aided the joke. If they showed people walking up recognizing him, it wouldn't be funny because they wouldn't fall for the gag. They also probably got the people to sign the waiver before hand so that they didn't need their approval after they made the people who fell for it look dumb.

For sure. It's just a joke, one rival trolling the other.

Any time you have a big market team there will be lots of fans that probably couldn't tell you half the players on their own team let alone recognize players from other teams.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For sure. It's just a joke, one rival trolling the other.

Any time you have a big market team there will be lots of fans that probably couldn't tell you half the players on their own team let alone recognize players from other teams.

You ever listen to 98.5 the sports hub? They do a drunken recap of fans leaving the games and most of them can't tell you who any of the players are, and they've just walked out of the freaking game. :laugh:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
You ever listen to 98.5 the sports hub? They do a drunken recap of fans leaving the games and most of them can't tell you who any of the players are, and they've just walked out of the freaking game. :laugh:

I once had a couple of guys from the Paul and Al show (trust me, it's two awful morning jocks in RI that everyone here over 50 thinks are hilarious) try to waylay me entering the Dunk one night to do this routine. I actually said to them "Do I look like that much of an idiot?" before telling them Toucher and Rich do it. They were like "Aw haw haw hummina we did it first". I was like "Look dude, I could pick a pigeon out for you who'll give you what you want, but shouldn't you wait till they're drunk?". They scurried off somewhere, probably to give away tshirts.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Man, some of you don't have a sense of humor.

It was fun and amusing. I'm sure they cut any interviews where people caught on right away, anyways.

I'm sure there is a chunk of our current team that could walk around Boston today and not get noticed.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just occurred to me - where were these burgers cooked?

Canada has far different rules concerning meat than the US and importing meat from Canada is a hassle as for example you can not get Montreal smoked meat shipped to the US.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Canada has far different rules concerning meat than the US and importing meat from Canada is a hassle as for example you can not get Montreal smoked meat shipped to the US.

We should have the Royal Clown do an investigation....:naughty:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah, I would have known it right away. Pacioretty is one of the most recognizable faces in the game right now, solely for his goofy eyebrows and smirk.

Moderately funny, however.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I once had a couple of guys from the Paul and Al show (trust me, it's two awful morning jocks in RI that everyone here over 50 thinks are hilarious) try to waylay me entering the Dunk one night to do this routine. I actually said to them "Do I look like that much of an idiot?" before telling them Toucher and Rich do it. They were like "Aw haw haw hummina we did it first". I was like "Look dude, I could pick a pigeon out for you who'll give you what you want, but shouldn't you wait till they're drunk?". They scurried off somewhere, probably to give away tshirts.

See, I don't get why Adolfo doesn't get punched more often. If I was really that drunk and stumbling out of the garden after a game (back when I used to go to them), and he approached me, I'd probably start throwing punches. Especially if they lost. :laugh:

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
I hope these are actors and not real fans.
If they are real fans they should turn in their jerseys now. It's one thing to be pranked by the Habs but I'm assuming these fans would need to sign a waiver of some form to allow McDonalds to run it. I'm sorry, but if I was that fan and didn't recognize MacPac (although I think I would) I would NEVER sign any type of waiver allowing them to use my image.
Meh, they're fans that didn't know or recognize Pac. Who knows how many other real fans did recognize him and their footage got left on the editing room floor because it didn't fit the commercial's narrative.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014

McDonald's food is just interchangeable parts. They just cram a cancer infested quarter pounder into a special bun, dump some booger sauce on it and presto --> it's a special burger.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Schwartz's by far the best MTL has to offer. I should start a smoked meat transport business to the USA

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad