Post-Game Talk: Bruins Fall to Sabres 4-2

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Why can't the Bruins be opportunistic? I feel like any decent chance the other team has they find a way to score every single time.

Bruins, on the other hand, need a string of about 10 of those chances for even a slight glimmer of hope of cashing in on one of them. Whether it's a scramble for a puck in the slot or an odd man rush.

How many goals have been scored on our goalies off an odd man rush this season? off the top of my head I can think of at least 4. Bruins have had many odd man rushes and 0 goals to show for it I think. Blech.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hopefully this is what they needed. I'd show them tape of how soft they played tonight nonstop until Sundays puck drop. Unacceptable

Isn't this what we said in the other loss to Buffalo? It's sad that our two regulation losses are to ****ing Buffalo.

All I can say is we've one a lot of games this year we didn't deserve to win so we need to accept that it will happen to us as well. Although, this 3rd period was just painful to watch. Just lazy hockey from front to back in the 3rd. They gifted this game to the Sabres.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Ference isn't doing himself any favors by playing like this in a contract year. He's been absolutely terrible. Chris Kelly is doing nothing offensively and Chris Bourque remains a complete waste of a roster spot.

Kaoz*

My 3 Anti-stars:

1) Ference
2) Seguin
3) Bourque

How the hell do you not have Krejci on this list?

His highlight was a pass to Hamilton jimbobjojohnson could have made. Just about every pass was weak or off the mark, and bambi would probably have been harder on the puck

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Dreadful 3rd after failing to bury a 1/2 dozen golden chances in the 2nd.

This was the kind of game where they missed having their goalie coming up big (like Thomas had done countless times) when they took their foot off the gas in the 3rd.

Time to end the Chris Bourque experiment.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
If Seguin doesn't get robbed by Miller he has a good game. Do some of you just pick players to hate before the game and stick with it? Everyone sucked btw.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Indirectly I think it does, cuz it lets Boston control pace of play and leads to unforced turnovers when the other team is anticipating hits at every turn

Then using that logic, why isn't Buffalo leading the league?

Look I love a physical game as much as anybody. To the point it is my opinion that even if the Bruins came out and beat the beejeebus out of the Sabres with their defensive breakdowns they'd still lose.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Bruins have two Dmen that are train wrecks, the "depth line" sucks so bad right now it hurts.

So many one goal games we may see this fast start as aberration in a couple weeks.

Lets hope not.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Why can't the Bruins be opportunistic? I feel like any decent chance the other team has they find a way to score every single time.

Bruins, on the other hand, need a string of about 10 of those chances for even a slight glimmer of hope of cashing in on one of them. Whether it's a scramble for a puck in the slot or an odd man rush.

How many goals have been scored on our goalies off an odd man rush this season? off the top of my head I can think of at least 4. Bruins have had many odd man rushes and 0 goals to show for it I think. Blech.

Lack of finish and the play of Ference and sometimes even Chara have really been the Bruins' weaknesses so far.

Kaoz*

If Seguin doesn't get robbed by Miller he has a good game. Do some of you just pick players to hate before the game and stick with it? Everyone sucked btw.

Seguin had a good game regardless. 1 inch isn't the difference between good and not.

* that's what she said*

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Did the Bruins take a nap in the 2nd intermission? What the hell happened? Pathetic to lose to such a bad team twice in three games. They're single handedly making sure Ruff keeps his job...which I guess is the only positive about this. :laugh:

So boring too...where is the physical play?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Steve Ott: 11 hits

Horton, Campbell, Marchand: 0 hit
Boychuk, Chara, McQuaid: 1 hit each.

the Bruins just haven't been a physical team this year and I'm really not sure why. Horton and Quaiders concussions must still be in their heads because they aren't throwing the body at all.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Anybody else get the feeling Buffalo watched his rant about how badly they suck while they were in their dressing room between the 2nd and 3rd periods?

I kept thinking "shut up, there is still one period left".

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Should have been about 4-1 after 2....took the pedal off the gas in the third and here we are...just one of those games.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

I don't like how we don't blow out the teams anymore even though we have the chances to.

8 wins

2 by 2 goals
2 by 1 goal + EN
2 by 1 goal
2 by SO

Extend those damn leads.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
This team quits after going up one goal.

Just lazy. They had this.

Too often satisfied w/ perimeter play offensively. Buffalo just outworked them and wanted it more. How many more second efforts on the puck did you see from Buffalo as opposed to, uh? Seguin, for starters.

How many times do we have to see bourque get taken out of the play, or flat out rocked? Anyone see him cut in front of the net and try and break it out? lol! Easy there, Ray.

This team still has a hard time shifting gears when down a goal. Yeah, I know a/b the rags game. They had the damn goalie pulled. Lets not pretend that wasn't lucky.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
how a team can throw away a 3rd period after that much effort in the 1st n 2nd is beyond me.

Just going through the motions hoping the 3rd period was going to play itself

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

I'm not really getting the Seguin hate. Save for not carrying the team on his back in the 3rd period, the kid had an extremely strong game. he was lights out in the first two periods. he was hitting, stick handling, making slick passes, assisting on the Dougie goal, playing extremely aggressively.

I hate to be the guy who says "Well he tried really hard!" Because I know we all expect much more. but he's far from the goat in this game. At least in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad