Post-Game Talk: Bruins Fall to Sabres 4-2

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Pointing to other team's mediocrity as justification or proof of something doesn't really do it for me. Look at the top teams that the B's will have to go against to realistically compete for a cup. Big difference. I mean, even look at the last true 1st line center we had. Savard was head and shoulders above both of these guys offensively, but if you can't see the difference, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Dude the bruins won a cup with krejci and Bergeron. Get over yourself

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I assume we won't be discussing Krejci's play tonight either. ;)

What the hell has he done wrong tonight? Dougie got outmuscled (had his stick held) and Horton didn't cover up in front of the net/Mcquaid did his usual keystone cops routine.

But I'm sure you watch the other.top 6 forwards just as closely for off nights right?

Kaoz*

What the hell has he done wrong tonight? Dougie got outmuscled (had his stick held) and Horton didn't cover up in front of the net/Mcquaid did his usual keystone cops routine.

But I'm sure you watch the other top 6 forwards just as closely for off nights right?

I do, gotta have something to compare him to. That line has looked lost without Lucic. Offensively Krejci has generated nothing.

And defensively they're getting hemmed in which the opposition capitalized on twice.

In regards to Krejci specifically...

Goal 1 Krejci stands in front of the net with his hands in his pockets while Burmistrov pots one.

Goal 2 the Kretch leaves Kane alone in front to get in on the puck battle in the corner. Kane pots one.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Dude the bruins won a cup with krejci and Bergeron. Get over yourself

They also won it with Kaberle, does that mean he's invaluable too? :laugh:

Using a team victory to justify an individual is pretty flawed logic. Even with those guys, they needed an historic, all time performance in net to win.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I do, gotta have something to compare him to. That line has looked lost without Lucic. Offensively Krejci has generated nothing.

And defensively they're getting hemmed in which the opposition capitalized on twice.

Goal 1 Krejci stands in front of the net with his hands in his pockets while Burmistrov pots one.

Goal 2 the Kretch leaves Kane alone in front to get in on the puck battle in the corner. Kane pots one.

Perfect example, 2-3 guys had more to do with those goals allowed, but you remember exactly what you believe Krejci could have done better. Horton looked worse than Krejci tonight, no mention? Of course not. Nothing about an ahl player being on that line or Pevs being out of place on the LW? Nope not from you, need to strain yourself to make sure we discuss Krejci's shortcomings. Front Office loves him, they watch these things with a much more educated, unbiased, and discerning eye, so you should probably save it. It's tired.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia

And by "alone" you mean with Horton standing right next to Kane ... right?

Because standing in the crease a foot away from the teammate (and letting the guy with the puck maneuver unopposed) was the more sensible play.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Because standing in the crease a foot away from the teammate (and letting the guy with the puck maneuver unopposed) was the more sensible play.

Exactly. This is a joke. And on the other play, he apparently wanted Krejci to go THROUGH DOUGIE to get to Burmistrov, and leave the other side of the crease wide open, and if Burmistrov slides it across the crease to the open man....That's right folks, why did Krejci go over to that guy and leave the crease wide open for the Jets player to score.

And just like the other night..Krejci "flubs" the open net when he actually got good wood on the shot, it gets blocked he corrals it and no looks a pass to Dougie....which apparently is a pass any schmoe can make.

But we're not watching Krejci with an overly critical eye. He's got the guy pegged and people whose livelihoods depend on evaluating the player properly have got it all wrong.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

You're so funny man lol they won tonight. Kudos to the Seguin Bergeron Marchand line. Don't worry, u can't root against krejci next game

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
Exactly. This is a joke. And on the other play, he apparently wanted Krejci to go THROUGH DOUGIE to get to Burmistrov, and leave the other side of the crease wide open, and if Burmistrov slides it across the crease to the open man....That's right folks, why did Krejci go over to that guy and leave the crease wide open for the Jets player to score.

And just like the other night..Krejci "flubs" the open net when he actually got good wood on the shot, it gets blocked he corrals it and no looks a pass to Dougie....which apparently is a pass any schmoe can make.

But we're not watching Krejci with an overly critical eye. He's got the guy pegged and people whose livelihoods depend on evaluating the player properly have got it all wrong.

And the original post had a comment about keeping an extra tight eye on Krejci just to spite another poster.

Any pretense of impartial analysis was immediately thrown out the window - it's seemingly more about a petty argument about players instead of actually paying attention to the team and pointing out strengths & weaknesses.

Kaoz*

I'm almost positive you guys are just willing to see anything that will absolve Krejci of blame.

Horton isn't in any position to cover off Kane on that goal. Krejci gently glides down to the corner leaving Kane wide open with a clear path to the net.

I mean seriously, you can watch it here if you want to.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2012020214&navid=sb:gamecenter

Perfect example, 2-3 guys had more to do with those goals allowed, but you remember exactly what you believe Krejci could have done better. Horton looked worse than Krejci tonight, no mention? Of course not. Nothing about an ahl player being on that line or Pevs being out of place on the LW? Nope not from you, need to strain yourself to make sure we discuss Krejci's shortcomings. Front Office loves him, they watch these things with a much more educated, unbiased, and discerning eye, so you should probably save it. It's tired.

You know, I likely wouldn't even have such an issue with the guy if people could simply admit he makes his own air share of mistakes. It's like he's the untouchable golden boy around these parts... speak no evil. But no issues throwing every other player under the bus for anything they do wrong... we have a thread comparing Seguin to Phil Kessel for chrissakes. People literally go out of their way to absolve him of any wrong doing. We can talk about any other player in trades, but not DK, no never that, must be a moron to not think he's the frickin awesomest or say he had a bad game.

More excuses, Krejci didn't produce tonight because Julien threw an AHL player on the line in the third. He didn't produce because Pevs played the left side. C'mon, can the guy really do no wrong in your eyes?

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
I'm almost positive you guys are just willing to see anything that will absolve Krejci of blame.

Horton isn't in any position to cover off Kane on that goal. Krejci gently glides down to the corner leaving Kane wide open with a clear path to the net.

The first sentence is great because it implies that you're any less biased than anyone else. You blame Krejci for both goals, and seemingly ignore than anyone else was to blame in the slightest.

And re-watching that clip just reinforces what I saw while watching the game; Krejci goes towards the puck-carrier as Seidenberg skates back towards the net. But before Seidenberg gets there (and while Horton is literally close enough to Kane to make contact with him) the puck is passed & then scored with.

If you want to blame Krejci for that, you can. I just have a hard time with him being the one that's singled out to blame.

You know, I likely wouldn't even have such an issue with the guy if people could simply admit he makes his own air share of mistakes. It's like he's the untouchable golden boy around these parts... speak no evil. But no issues throwing every other player under the bus for anything they do wrong... we have a thread comparing Seguin to Phil Kessel for chrissakes.

More excuses, Krejci didn't produce tonight because Julien threw an AHL player on the line in the third. He didn't produce because Pevs played the left side. C'mon, can the guy really do no wrong in your eyes?

Huh? Krejci is the one that's the "golden boy" ... and not Bergeron? One of those two guys catches a lot more grief than the other, and IMHO it's not Bergeron that's singled out. It's just amazing to me that you think that Krejci is the one that excuses get made for, and not Bergeron.

With that: the Buffalo game is long over, and so I'm moving on. I'll just put this thread on ignore and let the Kaoz vs. KrejciMVP debate continue without me.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

You know, I likely wouldn't even have such an issue with the guy if people could simply admit he makes his own air share of mistakes. It's like he's the untouchable golden boy around these parts... speak no evil. But no issues throwing every other player under the bus for anything they do wrong... we have a thread comparing Seguin to Phil Kessel for chrissakes.

Of course he can do wrong. That's why when we have these foolish discussions about one of our best players I never use the words elite, or untouchable. Was that one of his better games, no I don't think so, but that's a WORLD of difference of actively singling every little thing you perceived he did wrong (unless you're in practices with the team and you know for a fact that Krejci is supposed to bust his ass over to the corner rather than cover the area in case the defender loses his man rather than over committing) do you know that? No, I'm certain that you don't. So on a play where 3-4 guys probably could have done a little bit better, you singled out Krejci. Like you do whenever something goes wrong and he's on the ice.

I've been defending Seguin and Bergeron as well mind you. The Bruins are my favorite team and I prefer to defend their strong players rather than bend over backwards looking at their flaws, and there are flaws with all of them. So yeah, you can save the untouchable golden boy garbage with me. The difference between being a solid first line center (Krejci) and the elite centers is Power Play effectiveness, it has nothing at all to do with consistency or effort. The truly elite centers are monsters on the power play, Krejci is not. That's it. But hey I think he's perfect right?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The first sentence is great because it implies that you're any less biased than anyone else. You blame Krejci for both goals, and seemingly ignore than anyone else was to blame in the slightest.

And re-watching that clip just reinforces what I saw while watching the game; Krejci goes towards the puck-carrier as Seidenberg skates back towards the net. But before Seidenberg gets there (and while Horton is literally close enough to Kane to make contact with him) the puck is passed & then scored with.

If you want to blame Krejci for that, you can. I just have a hard time with him being the one that's singled out to blame.

Huh? Krejci is the one that's the "golden boy" ... and not Bergeron? One of those two guys catches a lot more grief than the other, and IMHO it's not Bergeron that's singled out. It's just amazing to me that you think that Krejci is the one that excuses get made for, and not Bergeron.

With that: the Buffalo game is over, and so I'm moving on. I'll just put this thread on ignore and let the Kaoz vs. KrejciMVP debate continue without me.

I would nominate both. You can't say a critical thing about either without creating a total **** show...:laugh:

Kaoz*

Oh no, don't take it wrong. This is a team sport. It wasn't just Krejci in the wrong on that play, but he wasn't in the right either. Either get in there or don't. Much the same on the first goal, don't aimlessly coast around in the slot.

Krejci catches no grief, or very little and from very few. Bergeron wins a Selke and should be producing more offensively. Bergeron comes up huge, absolutely magnificently huge in game 7 of the SC finals, matches Krejci nearly point for point throughout with Mark Recchi and Brad Marchand on his wing but all we ever hear is how awesome Krejci was in the playoffs and lead the team in points.

No one seems to have an issue calling Bergeron an offensively inconsistent second line center. Can you say the same about Krejci? I know for a fact some people take severe offense to it. And don't even get me started on having the gull to bring up his name as trade potential.

Being impartial and unbiased goes both ways.

Bad game #3 in a row. I'm sure many will have issue with that statement but my reasoning is this, when an offensive player (especially when he is supposed to be your top offensive producer) produces nothing offensively, a meh game consists of him playing at least a solid game on the other side of the puck.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I look at it way differently...The Bruins have three elite offensive wingers on their team...Marchand, Horton and Seguin. I believe if Krejci centered them (segs/Marchand) he would be a consistent 75 point per year player... His playmaking skills with them would be off the charts. That's why Lucic and Horton are with him. They need him to get optimum offensive production, although Horton would do fine with Bergy and Marchand.. Bergeron, with those two big wingers IMO would see a pretty big decline in numbers across the board for those three. Patrice is good there with Seguin and Marchand, because of his attention to detail and having to cover for Seguin at times.

Make no mistake though I think the coaching staff sees the Bergeron line as it's clear cut #1. The media and fans may not however.

The only thing keeping Krejci from being a 75 point player year in and year out is his own tendency to lose interest and disappear for stretches at a time.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Oh no, don't take it wrong. This is a team sport. It wasn't just Krejci in the wrong on that play, but he wasn't in the right either. Either get in there or don't. Much the same on the first goal, don't aimlessly coast around in the slot.

Krejci catches no grief, or very little and from very few. Bergeron wins a Selke and should be producing more offensively. Bergeron comes up huge, absolutely magnificently huge in game 7 of the SC finals, matches Krejci nearly point for point throughout with Mark Recchi and Brad Marchand on his wing but all we ever hear is how awesome Krejci was in the playoffs and lead the team in points.

No one seems to have an issue calling Bergeron an offensively inconsistent second line center. Can you say the same about Krejci? I know for a fact some people take severe offense to it. And don't even get me started on having the gull to bring up his name as trade potential.

Being impartial and unbiased goes both ways.

Bad game #3 in a row. I'm sure many will have issue with that statement but my reasoning is this, when an offensive player (especially when he is supposed to be your top offensive producer) produces nothing offensively, a meh game consists of him playing at least a solid game on the other side of the puck.

Listening to you everyday you'd think we were in last place.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Again you're pointing to team results when someone is discussing an individual. More importantly, isn't this last 3-4 game stretch for DK what people are talking about? The guy comes out on fire, then he's been nearly invisible the last few games. It's his usual MO, and why he tops out around 60ish points.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Again you're pointing to team results when someone is discussing an individual. More importantly, isn't this last 3-4 game stretch for DK what people are talking about? The guy comes out on fire, then he's been nearly invisible the last few games. It's his usual MO, and why he tops out around 60ish points.

Points in 4 of the last 5 games is hardly invisible. Are you going to cry about Krejci the whole day today like that other guy? I really don't feel like feeding the trolls today.

Kaoz*

Points in 4 of the last 5 games is hardly invisible.

-4 in his last 3 with 2 hits and more then a few blunders, some that led directly to goals against.

Refusing to drink the Krejci koolaid is apparently the equivalent of saying the team sucks... shocker.

My stance on this team is the same as it has been throughout this year and last. They're very good, they're coached very well, there's lots of room for improvement. Here's the kicker, I don't think they should or would trade Krejci to improve this team right now. They have the cap space to add to it at the expense of futures and make another solid run.

In regards to Krejci specifically, he's Patrice Bergeron without the Selke like two way game. Bergeron is incredibly consistent on the other side of the puck even when he's being his usual inconsistent self on the offensive side of it. Krejci has a tendency to disappear more fully. That's really not that bad a thing, a good 2nd line center.... but that's just my opinion.

member 96824

Points in 4 of the last 5 games is hardly invisible. Are you going to cry about Krejci the whole day today like that other guy? I really don't feel like feeding the trolls today.

I miss being so young.

Krejci, while obviously your favorite player, is far from flawless...just like bergeron, seguin, marchand, chara, rask, etc.

Its been pretty well documented that krejci goes through many stretches of inconsistency through his career. When that happens, people will call him out in it cause it is frustrating when you see what he can truly do putting in a 120% effort. The knock on krejci is we all know he can be better.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean I never said the guy was Mario Lemiuex. Like I said, Pivotal role player for the Bruins and has helped them win a cup. I just like the way he plays, he's a playmaker, I was a big fan of Savard as well.

member 96824

I mean I never said the guy was Mario Lemiuex. Like I said, Pivotal role player for the Bruins and has helped them win a cup. I just like the way he plays, he's a playmaker, I was a big fan of Savard as well.

And a great playmaker at that. When he stops making the plays and the effort lacks, thats where people have an issue.

I dont think anyone expects krejci to be the perfect player, and even then..the perfect players have bad stretches as well(see Giroux) but we all have seen what hes capable of when putting the foot on the gas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad